Discover the World is one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators with 30 years experience, offering high-quality holidays and imaginative itineraries to Iceland, Scandinavia, Polar regions, Canada, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Much of our success is down to the experience and dedication of our team of experts who are enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about travel. Our staff are chosen for their talent and flair to provide customers with excellent service, attention to detail, in-depth knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for our destinations.
We are proud to have a diverse group of nationalities within the company and always have our eyes open for new people to join our team. So if you have previous experience of working for a tour operator or have extensive knowledge of any of our destinations and are considering a career in travel, we would love to hear from you.
Nordic Product Executive
We are seeking a Nordic Product Executive to join our small Product team. You will be involved in a range of tasks from uploading pricing and product content, managing the supplier database and liaising with various suppliers. You will need good administration and organisational skills, be commercially aware with the ability to analyse the competition and make suitable recommendations in terms of product. Excellent communication and numeracy skills are essential as well as the ability to negotiate and liaise with suppliers. This role will suit candidates with good travel industry experience looking to progress within a product role.
- Production of accurate costing data.
- Assist and control accurate product loading to our booking system.
- Relationship building with suppliers and trade organisations.
- Communicating with suppliers on quality control issues.
- Communication with other departments within the organisation on product related issues.
- Some involvement in brochure production.
- Provision of product training for all staff.
- Competitor analysis and strategic planning.
- Assist Marketing department with product related issues.
- Ensure high levels of service and co-operation with our overseas and local suppliers and internal departments.
- Previous tour operating experience for Northern Europe.
- Highly self-motivated and ambitious with a real desire to achieve.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload.
- Good written and presentation skills .Excellent numeracy skills.
- Ability to form and sustain excellent working relationships.
- A team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the business .
- Be prepared to travel as necessary for site inspections, contracting etc.
- Good commercial awareness.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we also offer:
20 days holiday
Discounted holidays for yourself, friends and family
Tour Leader - Abisko
We are looking to attract an experienced and professional freelance tour leader to accompany our groups to Abisko Mountain Station on set departures in December, January, February and March. The tour leader will provide first class customer service to our passengers both at Abisko and at the Icehotel, where some of the duties would be shared with the Icehotel representative. Main Duties and Responsibilities Outward Flights
- Assist the Icehotel representative with passenger check-in at Heathrow, ensuring any special requirements have been properly notified and arranged
- Assist the Icehotel representative to affix branded head-rest covers in the premium class cabin
- Take company mail, brochure or any other items as required on the flight
- Assist the Icehotel representative to make an in-flight announcement during the flight and be visible throughout the flight, moving through the aircraft when practical, conversing with passengers, and making your presence known
- Assist the Icehotel representative to remove branded head-rest covers from the premium class cabin after landing when passengers have vacated the cabin
- Assist the Icehotel staff and DTW Icehotel Representative at Kiruna Airport and direct clients to the right transfer buses
- Travel to Abisko with DTW clients, guiding during the transfer
- On arrival at Abisko, assist the reception with client check in
- After dinner accompany DTW clients to the Sky Station and be available to assist. Return to the Mountain Station with the last clients
- If clients are unable to take the chairlift to the Sky Station, assist Abisko staff with alternative arrangements
- Provide 24 hour phone duty cover for in resort passengers (Swedish mobile phone will be provided)
- Be available in the morning and travel to the Icehotel with the group
- Meet and assist passengers departing for Abisko on day 3 or 4 (around 15:00hrs). Travel to Abisko as mentioned above
- Make every effort to establish some contact with all customers and remain visible/available/approachable at all times
- Daily contact with the Icehotel representative and, whilst at the Icehotel, assist the Icehotel representative on desk duty
- Write a daily report and email to DTW head office copying in the Icehotel representative
- Handle and resolve any on the spot client issues or complaints
- Report any serious complaints or accidents to DTW head office immediately
- Assist DTW sales and operations with any enquiries and liaise between them and Icehotel staff
- Together with the Icehotel representative liaise with SAS Kiruna the day prior to departure to ensure any special requests or requirements have been notified and arranged – particularly premium class seating
- Be present and assist the Abisko staff with the departure transfer
- Together with the Icehotel representative oversee and assist with passenger check-in at Kiruna and advise DTW UK when all passengers have been checked in and departure time has been confirmed
- Together with the Icehotel representative, prior to passenger boarding, affix branded head-rest covers in the premium class cabin and place promotional brochures on all seats
- Assist the Icehotel representative to make an announcement during the return flight and circulate the aircraft to talk to passengers as/when possible
Skills & Experience
- Report any health and safety concerns to the Icehotel and DTW
- Account for all expenditure on a weekly basis and report to DTW Finance
- Prepare end of season report and attend the DTW office for briefing
- Discover the World clothing to be worn at all times. You will be required to keep this laundered regularly and all clothing must be returned back to head office at the end of season
- Previous experience in a similar role (ideally at least 3 years)
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach
Please note: We are aware of a US based internet scam claiming to represent Discover the World. This is not a legitimate use of our company name. We do not send out unsolicited emails to potential job seekers and we will only respond to emails sent to our domain @discover-the-world.co.uk. Should you receive emails referring to any other domain then these are not associated with us and should be disregarded.