Who for? Couples, friends, families and solo travellers looking for a true winter getaway blending activities and relaxation.
- look for the northern lights from your wilderness location
- go snowmobiling, cross-country skiing and drive a team of huskies (included)
- relax by the log fire or in a traditional Finnish sauna after a day in the snow
- spend a night in a glass igloo at the Kakslauttanen Holiday Village including dinner (optional)
- choice of duration: 3, 4 or 6 nights
Set within the vast fell area of Saariselka, 300km north of the Arctic Circle, Muotka Wilderness Lodge is just a 30-minute transfer from Ivalo airport. Purpose built, the location of the lodge was carefully chosen for the beauty of the surrounding taiga forest, as well as the proximity to the river and the winter ski trails.
Well away from artificial light, Muotka is ideally located for viewing the northern lights and offers a genuine winter experience. With a whole host of activities included, you can enjoy the thrill of snowmobiling, meet the local reindeer herders and try reindeer sledging, or mush a team of huskies through the snowy forest. You can also try your hand at snow shoeing or cross country skiing and join a hunt for the northern lights.
Nights are spent in the cosy lodge, where a crackling fire and Finnish sauna allow visitors the chance to relax. The more adventurous may even choose to take a winter plunge in the nearby river! For more details about Muotka Lodge, click here »