Sweden’s capital city is beautiful. Stretched across an archipelago of 14 islands connected by a network of waterways and bridges, Stockholm is a delightful mix of the traditional and contemporary and the city centre can be easily explored on foot.
- get your bearings in Stockholm on a boat trip
- take a stroll through the cobbled Old Town (or 'Gamala Stan')
- don't miss the Royal Palace and Nobel Museum
- eat out at one of the stylish restaurants
- take in a theatre show or experience the nightlife
- sleep in one of the Ice Hotel's Snow Rooms, or upgrade to an incredible Art Suite
- choose from a wealth of winter excursions from husky sledding to ice driving
There are many ways to enjoy Stockholm and of course, nearer the festive season, the addition of thousands of tiny streetlights, enticing shop windows and excellent Christmas markets, make this trip an even more attractive prospect. For your night in Stockholm you have a choice of accommodation.
The Stockholm Card is a fantastic scheme which permits unlimited free travel on public transport – trains, buses and subway; free admission to over 75 museums, attractions and boat trips throughout the city as well as other special offers. Cards may be purchased for 24 or 48-hour durations and prices are available on request.
Connect by domestic flight between Stockholm and Kiruna in the far north of Swedish Lapland. On arrival, transfer to nearby Jukkasjarvi and the world-famous Ice Hotel. The itinerary includes a night ‘sleeping on ice’ in a standard double Snow Room but if you prefer you may spend your whole time here in heated accommodation, subject to availability (just ask at the time of booking).