Careers at Discover the World
Discover the World is one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators with 34 years experience, offering high-quality holidays and imaginative itineraries to Iceland, Scandinavia, Polar regions, Canada, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Much of our success is down to the experience and of our team of experts who are enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about travel. Our staff are chosen for their talent and flair to provide customers with excellent service, attention to detail, in-depth knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for our destinations.
We are proud to have a diverse group of nationalities within the company and always have our eyes open for new people to join our team. So if you have previous experience of working for a tour operator or have extensive knowledge of any of our destinations and are considering a career in travel, we would love to hear from you.
Sales and Operations Manager (Education)
The Ideal candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• At least 5 years’ experience of people management.
• Sound organisation skills and flexibility, with experience of managing multiple work streams
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to thrive on working in a pressurised environment and to strict deadlines
• Strong customer service skills
• Proven ability to mentor and supervise staff
Preferred (will enhance performance in the position):
• Educated to degree level
• Experience of working in a small to medium enterprise
• Experience of working in group travel
• Knowledge of the destinations we sell
Travel Specialist (Education) - Maternity Cover
As a Travel Specialist you will be responsible for handling reservations over the telephone and via e-mail, whilst dealing with the administration of your bookings. Initially you will specialise in our Norway, Italy and Costa Rica products.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
• At least three years proven track record of sales and operations in a similar role
• High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressurised deadlines
• Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately; good level of numeracy and excellent spoken and written English
• Strong customer service, influencing and negotiating skills
• Competent use of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels Preferable (will enhance the performance in the position)
• Knowledge of the destinations we offer
• Knowledge of Travellink
Job descriptions are available from Sue Thorne, HR Manager – email@example.com
Please note we are aware of a US based internet scam claiming to represent Discover the World. This is not a legitimate use of our company name. We do not send out unsolicited emails to potential job seekers and we will only respond to emails sent to our domain @discover-the-world.co.uk. Should you receive emails referring to any other domain then these are not associated with us and should be disregarded.