Careers at Discover the World
Discover the World is one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators with 34 years experience, offering high-quality holidays and imaginative itineraries to Iceland, Scandinavia, Polar regions, Canada, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Much of our success is down to the experience and of our team of experts who are enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about travel. Our staff are chosen for their talent and flair to provide customers with excellent service, attention to detail, in-depth knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for our destinations.
We are proud to have a diverse group of nationalities within the company and always have our eyes open for new people to join our team. So if you have previous experience of working for a tour operator or have extensive knowledge of any of our destinations and are considering a career in travel, we would love to hear from you.
Australasia Travel Specialist
As an Australasia Travel Specialist your primary responsibility will be to sell and package holidays specific to your customer’s requirements and deliver excellent sales and the highest level of customer service. As part of delivering exceptional customer service, the role of the Travel Specialist will be to manage the customer throughout their booking journey and be their point of contact throughout. This means dealing with the administrative elements on the booking and ensuring the booking is confirmed and all documentation is sent in line with the company guidelines.
You should maintain excellent product knowledge of the destinations you are selling to affirm the status of a destination specialist.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Sales knowledge and experience within a travel sales environment.
- Proven experience of meeting and exceeding sales and performance targets.
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability and ability to deal with change, growth and pressurised deadlines.
- Exceptional sales ability – up-selling and cross selling.
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy.
- Able to demonstrate teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A love of travel and foreign cultures.
- Previous experience within a specialist tour operator in similar role.
- Destination knowledge of Australasia – New Zealand, Australia & South Pacific.
Job descriptions are available from Sue Thorne, HR Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we are aware of a US based internet scam claiming to represent Discover the World. This is not a legitimate use of our company name. We do not send out unsolicited emails to potential job seekers and we will only respond to emails sent to our domain @discover-the-world.co.uk. Should you receive emails referring to any other domain then these are not associated with us and should be disregarded.