Careers at Discover the World
Discover the World is one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators with over 34 years experience, offering high-quality holidays and imaginative itineraries to Iceland, Scandinavia, Polar regions, Canada, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Much of our success is down to the experience and dedication of our team of experts who are enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about travel. Our staff are chosen for their talent and flair to provide customers with excellent service, attention to detail, in-depth knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for our destinations.
We are proud to have a diverse group of nationalities within the company and always have our eyes open for new people to join our team. So if you have previous experience of working for a tour operator or have extensive knowledge of any of our destinations and are considering a career in travel, we would love to hear from you.
Travel Specialist – Education Division
We are looking for a Travel Specialist to take responsibility for handling reservations over the telephone, via e-mail and occasionally face-to-face. They will also be required to process the administration of bookings. The successful candidate will, therefore, need to be very organised with the ability to multi-task whilst ensuring an excellent eye for detail and outstanding customer service. This role will suit candidates who have a proven track record of sales and operations in a similar role. They will need strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels.
Duties and Responsibilities for role:
- Field a wide range of reservations over the telephone, email and occasionally face to face Aim to achieve maximum revenue where possible for each booking by proactively up selling products such as optional activities Provide destination advice and general guidance to customers to assist them with their booking
- Writing and replying to various types of correspondence Maintain an excellent degree of knowledge on the regions and products you are selling Process bookings on the reservations system and other supplier on-line systems where applicable and ensure the customer is fully informed throughout the booking process
- Achieve and aim to exceed personal / departmental sales targets
- Regular quote follow-ups to help maximize conversion and to assist with feedback in relation to non-conversion of bookings.
- Ability to tailor-make, advise and plan bespoke itineraries to the specific destinations
- Administration throughout the entire booking process for your bookings.
- Loading flight, ground arrangements, other operator information, hotels and transport suppliers’ information and contracts onto the system accurately
- Production of accurate itineraries and booking confirmation details for trips
- Production of accurate passenger name lists to airlines and ground suppliers
- Running reports, entering insurance details, checking medical forms and similar
- Filing and general administrative duties.
- Preparing relevant documentation for despatch - e.g. booking confirmations, invoices, tickets, itineraries, dossiers, letters, and amendments.
- Have involvement with the training of new staff as necessary.
- Keep the marketing team updated and informed of all useful customer comments, developments from suppliers and any changes or new additions to product
Full job description is available from Sue Thorne, HR Manager – email@example.com
Please note we are aware of a US based internet scam claiming to represent Discover the World. This is not a legitimate use of our company name. We do not send out unsolicited emails to potential job seekers and we will only respond to emails sent to our domain @discover-the-world.co.uk. Should you receive emails referring to any other domain then these are not associated with us and should be disregarded.