Careers at Discover the World
Discover the World is one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators with over 30 years experience, offering high-quality holidays and imaginative itineraries to Iceland, Scandinavia, Polar regions, Canada, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Much of our success is down to the experience and dedication of our team of experts who are enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about travel. Our staff are chosen for their talent and flair to provide customers with excellent service, attention to detail, in-depth knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for our destinations.
We are proud to have a diverse group of nationalities within the company and always have our eyes open for new people to join our team. So if you have previous experience of working for a tour operator or have extensive knowledge of any of our destinations and are considering a career in travel, we would love to hear from you.
Digital Acquisition and Partnerships Manager
This is a fixed term contract, initially for six months. Reporting to the Marketing & Product Director, you will deliver the digital acquisition strategy through the management of PPC, digital advertising and partnerships. You will work closely with the digital team and utilise your analytical mind to help identify and implement our digital acquisition activity with one direct report supporting you. With an understanding of cutting edge digital media as well as optimisation techniques, you will be responsible for driving high quality, new traffic to our website. You will have budget responsibility and will be expected to achieve targets and demonstrate success against ROI.
A high degree of enthusiasm for digital marketing, initiative and accountability for driving forward your own development is essential. As is the ability to organise your work load, prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Minimum 5 years digital marketing experience, either in an agency or client side role
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint (E)
- Strong analytical skills and experience in using analytics tools, ideally Google Analytics (E)
- Hands on Google Adwords experience (E)
- Proven experience handling marketing budgets and forecasting/reporting results.
- Working autonomously to a high level of accuracy and speed (E)
- Planning and time management, with the ability to manage multiple projects whilst working alone or as part of a team (E)
- Excellent attention to detail (E)
- Flexibility and agility to learn (E)
- Strong written and verbal communication (E)
- Knowledge of digital trends and a passion for online media (E)
E = essential D = desired
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate recent examples of how they have contributed to a successful digital marketing strategy and give evidence of how they quantified success.
If you are interested in applying please contact Sue Thorne, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel Specialist – Education Division
We are looking for a Travel Specialist to take responsibility for handling reservations over the telephone and via e-mail, whilst dealing with the administration of bookings. Initially the role will specialise in our Iceland product, with the prospect of specialising in other products at a later date.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Field a wide range of reservations over the telephone, email and occasionally face to face.
- Aim to achieve maximum revenue where possible for each booking by proactively up selling products such as optional activities.
- Provide destination advice and general guidance to customers to assist them with their booking
- Writing and replying to various types of correspondence
- Maintain an excellent degree of knowledge on the regions and products you are selling
- Process bookings on the reservations system and other supplier on-line systems where applicable and ensure the customer is fully informed throughout the booking process
- Achieve and aim to exceed personal / departmental sales targets
- Regular quote follow-ups to help maximize conversion and to assist with feedback in relation to non-conversion of bookings.
- Ability to tailor-make, advise and plan bespoke itineraries to the specific destinations
- Administration throughout the entire booking process for your bookings.
- Loading flight, ground arrangements, other operator information, hotels and transport suppliers’ information and contracts onto the system accurately
- Production of accurate itineraries and booking confirmation details for trips
- Production of accurate passenger name lists to airlines and ground suppliers
- Running reports, entering insurance details, checking medical forms and similar
- Filing and general administrative duties.
- Preparing relevant documentation for despatch - e.g. booking confirmations, invoices, tickets, itineraries, dossiers, letters, and amendments.
- Have involvement with the training of new staff as necessary.
- Keep the marketing team updated and informed of all useful customer comments, developments from suppliers and any changes or new additions to product
- At least three years proven track record of sales and operations in a similar role. (Essential)
- High degree of flexibility and ability to deal with change, growth and pressurised deadlines. (Essential)
- Attention to detail and the ability to work accurately; good level of numeracy and excellent spoken and written English. (Essential)
- Strong customer service, influencing and negotiating skills. (Essential)
- Competent use of MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook. (Essential)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop relationships at all levels. (Essential)
- Knowledge of the destinations we offer. (Preferable)
- Knowledge of Travel Link. (Preferable)
If you are interested in applying or would like a copy of the full job description, please contact Sue Thorne, HR Manager email@example.com
Please note we are aware of a US based internet scam claiming to represent Discover the World. This is not a legitimate use of our company name. We do not send out unsolicited emails to potential job seekers and we will only respond to emails sent to our domain @discover-the-world.co.uk. Should you receive emails referring to any other domain then these are not associated with us and should be disregarded.