Careers at Discover the World
Discover the World is one of the UK's leading specialist tour operators with over 30 years experience, offering high-quality holidays and imaginative itineraries to Iceland, Scandinavia, Polar regions, Canada, Alaska, Australia, New Zealand and beyond.
Much of our success is down to the experience and dedication of our team of experts who are enthusiastic, dedicated and passionate about travel. Our staff are chosen for their talent and flair to provide customers with excellent service, attention to detail, in-depth knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for our destinations.
We are proud to have a diverse group of nationalities within the company and always have our eyes open for new people to join our team. So if you have previous experience of working for a tour operator or have extensive knowledge of any of our destinations and are considering a career in travel, we would love to hear from you.
Digital Marketing Executive
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, you will contribute in delivering the digital marketing strategy through the daily management of PPC, SEO, website usability and ongoing analytics of the company’s digital channels. With hands on experience of managing PPC campaigns and a good working knowledge of SEO, you will utilise your analytical mind to help manage, optimise and deliver improved performance of our search engine marketing strategy. With an understanding of UX as well as CRO techniques, you will make recommendations for improving the company’s website in order to increase conversions and will help deliver these improvements through a combination of landing page optimisation and website testing and personalisation strategies. A high degree of enthusiasm for digital marketing, initiative and accountability for driving forward your own development will be essential in this role.
• Minimum 3 years digital marketing experience, either in an agency or client side role
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office – specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint (E)
• Strong analytical skills and experience in using analytics tools, ideally Google Analytics (E)
• Hands on Google Adwords experience (E)
• Knowledge of Google Search Console (D)
• Experience of working with a variety of CMS (D)
• Basic knowledge of HTML (D)
• Experience in CRO and website testing and personalisation technologies (D)
• Working autonomously to a high level of accuracy and speed (E)
• Planning and time management, with the ability to manage multiple projects whilst working alone or as part of a team (E)
• Excellent attention to detail (E)
• Flexibility and agility to learn (E)
• Strong written and verbal communication (E)
• Knowledge of digital trends and a passion for online media (E)
E = essential
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate recent examples of how they have contributed to a successful digital marketing strategy and give evidence of how they quantified success.
Candidates should send their CV and cover letter, setting out how they meet the criteria of the role, to Sue Thorne, HR Manager: email@example.com
Note to agencies: please do not make direct contact with our digital marketing department about this role and they will not respond to any approaches by recruitment agencies.
Please note we are aware of a US based internet scam claiming to represent Discover the World. This is not a legitimate use of our company name. We do not send out unsolicited emails to potential job seekers and we will only respond to emails sent to our domain @discover-the-world.co.uk. Should you receive emails referring to any other domain then these are not associated with us and should be disregarded.