Experience the scenic wonders and renowned wildlife of Alaska's Inside Passage on this twin-centre holiday, from the icy wonderland of Glacier Bay to the grizzly bears of Admiralty Island. Staying in both Juneau and Gustavus enjoy guided excursions including flight-seeing by float-plane and a memorable cruise through Icy Strait in search of humpback whales.
- spot grizzly bears on Admiralty Island (included)
- watch for humpbacks in Icy Strait (included)
- marvel at ancient ice on a Glacier Bay cruise (included)
Alaska's breathtaking Inside Passage comprises lush coastal rainforest, deep blue fjords and sparkling glaciers, and is home to prolific wildlife. This short package incorporates some of the region's highlights, making use of day cruises and flight-seeing to provide a great alternative to a cruise holiday.
A 3-night stay in Juneau offers the chance to explore the Alaskan state capital, learning about the city's fascinating history and riding the Mt Roberts Tram. From Juneau you will also enjoy that authentically Alaskan experience, a journey by float-plane, as you travel in search of grizzly bears at Admiralty Island.
Your next stop is Gustavus, gateway to the renowned Glacier Bay National Park. Here you will discover an icy world filled with glaciers, soaring mountains and hidden inlets, a landscape which attracts an abundance of marine-life. You may spot humpback whales, sea otters, Dall's porpoise & Steller sea lions here, as well as over 200 species of birds from bald eagles to puffins. Cruise through icebergs and marvel as ancient glaciers calve, making a thunderous explosion as huge chunks of ice tumble into the water below.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Juneau
- On arrival in the Alaskan state capital make your own way to your hotel for a 3-night stay. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
- Day 2: Juneau
- Enjoy a full day at leisure, exploring Juneau and the surrounding area. A ticket for the Mt Roberts Tram has been included for you to make use of today.
- Day 3: Bear watching
- Enjoy a 30 minute scenic float-plane flight to Admiralty Island, where you will spend around 4-5 hours watching grizzly bears in their natural habitat. Your pilot/guide will plan your trip to maximize bear viewing potential based on conditions on the day.
- Day 4: Juneau - Gustavus
- Make your way to Juneau airport for your flight to Gustavus. On arrival, transfer to your accommodation and enjoy the remainder of your day at leisure. You may like to explore the local area or take part in one of the park ranger programs.
- Day 5: Glacier Bay National Park
- Today enjoy a half-day whale watching excursion is included, cruising through the aptly-named Icy Strait in search of the humpback whales that use this area as summer feeding grounds.
- Day 6: Glacier Bay National Park
- Join a memorable full-day cruise into spectacular Glacier Bay National Park. Boasting deep fjords surrounded by the world's tallest coastal mountains, with a staggering 16 glaciers actively calving, Glacier Bay's World Heritage status is well-deserved. Such breathtaking scenery provides a fitting backdrop for a wealth of wildlife including whales, sea otters and seals - you may even spot black or brown bears on the shoreline. Later this afternoon transfer to the airport for your journey back to Juneau. Lunch included.
- Day 7: Juneau
- Your tour ends this morning upon check out.
Please note flight times and order of excursions subject to change.
Westmark Baranof Hotel, Juneau
- Grade: Simple
- Type: Hotel
Within walking distance of Juneau's waterfront, restaura…
The above is a selection of accommodation available for this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Departs daily from 29 May - 08 Jun; 20 - 28 Jun; 30 Jun; 02 Jul - 26 Aug 2018
From £2,053 per person, based on twin-share accommodation.
Prices include 4 nights room only accommodation at the Westmark Baranof Hotel, Juneau • 2 nights accommodation at Glacier Bay Lodge in Gustavus • Ticket for Mt Roberts Tram, Juneau • Half-day bear viewing excursion to Admiralty Island • Return flights from Juneau to Gustavus (maximum luggage allowance 23kgs per person) • Return airport-hotel transfers in Gustavus • Half-day whale watching cruise through Icy Straits • Full-day Glacier Bay catamaran cruise including lunch
Prices exclude International flights & airport taxes • Airport-hotel transfers in Juneau • Additional meals and excursions not specified above • Travel insurance • Gratuities & items of a personal nature
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.