Enjoy a variety of activities amidst the dramatic beauty of Fox Island and escape to the extraordinary. This 2-day itinerary is a great add-on to a longer tailor made holiday around Alaska.
- Enjoy two scenic cruises between Seward and Fox Island
- Take a guided beach walk with park ranger
- Full board whilst staying at the lodge
Instead of a day trip, stay overnight and take your time to get acquainted with the serenity and beauty of Fox Island. At Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge, you can explore the many secluded beaches and hiking trails by day and then stay overnight in one of the cosy cabins.
The Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge is located on Fox Island in Resurrection Bay, about an hour by boat from Seward. With just 8 cabin-style guest rooms, the lodge provides an intimate base from which to explore. Optional guided walks and sea-kayaking are also available from the lodge, as well as longer cruises into the beautiful Kenai Fjords National Park.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Seward - Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge
- Today you'll take a boat transfer from Seward to Fox Island. On arrival you will receive a short orientation and you'll then have time to enjoy a delicious lunch. This afternoon is free for you to explore this beautiful area. Take a park ranger led beach walk or self guided hike or a guided kayaking tour (additional cost applies). Dinner served this evening and you're then free to relax and enjoy the serenity of this remarkable island.
- Day 2: Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge - Seward
- Today you'll travel back to Seward. Depending on the return cruise transfer there may be free time in the morning for you to enjoy at leisure. On the return cruise back to Seward you'll have the opportunity to see marine wildlife, steep jagged cliffs, seabirds and Bear Glacier. There is an opportunity to take the extended Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise or Northwestern Fjords Cruise (both at an additional cost) for a chance seeing whales. On arrival in Seward you tour concludes.
For full immersion into this marine paradise we highly recommend a 2-night stay. Please contact our Travel Specialists for further details.
Prices & Dates
Departs daily, from 28 May to 08 September 2018
Price from £489 per person, based on twin share
Prices include 1 night stay at Kenai Fjords Wilderness Lodge on Fox Island; 1 hour cruise from Seward to Fox Island; 2 lunches, 1 dinner and 1 breakfast; guided beach walk with park ranger; 2 hour resurrection bay cruise from Fox Island to Seward.
Prices exclude flights & airport taxes; additional excursions not specified above; travel insurance; gratuities & items of a personal nature
An additional night at the lodge starts from £489 per person, based on twin share
Extended return cruise transfer from Fox Island to Seward:
- Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise from an additional £97 per person, approx 5 hours
- Northwestern Fjords Cruise from an additional £119 per person, approx 8
Guided kayaking options:
- 2-hour guided evening kayak on Fox Island £109 per person
- 3-hour guided afternoon kayak on Fox Island £156 per person
- 3.5 hour guided morning kayak on Fox Island £171 per person
- Full day guided kayak tour on Fox Island £211 per person
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.