This 3-night package offers the chance to try a variety of invigorating winter sports, relax in the naturally heated mineral waters of Chena Hot Springs, and search for the magical aurora borealis in the endless Alaskan skies.
- Northern lights viewing on board a specially designed snow-coach (included)
- Chance to view the aurora from Chena Hot Springs
- Explore the Aurora Ice Museum or try a variety of thrilling winter activities
Enjoy an overnight stay in the city of Fairbanks before transferring to Chena Hot Springs Resort. People have been coming here for over a century to take advantage of the healing waters of the mineral hot springs; soaking in the naturally heated water with snow all around is a wonderful way to relax. The resort is ideally located for viewing the aurora borealis, whether from the warm waters of a hot tub or on a guided snow-coach excursion into the surrounding wilderness.
Chena Hot Springs Resort offers comfortable rooms with private facilities, as well as a restaurant, lounge bar, massage boutique and the year-round Aurora Ice Museum. A wealth of outdoor activities are available to book locally, ranging from ice skating to scenic flights, dog sledding and snowmobiling.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Fairbanks
- Arrive in Fairbanks and make your own way to your hotel. Overnight: Fairbanks Spring Hill Suites.
- Day 2: Fairbanks - Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Enjoy a morning at leisure to explore Fairbanks before taking the 90 minute transfer to Chena Hot Springs Resort. The resort was founded over 100 years ago and is renowned for its healing mineral waters, beautiful aurora displays, renewable energy projects and the Aurora Ice Museum. Located 60 miles from Fairbanks, this remote resort also offers a great environment for viewing wildlife. This evening enjoy a 4 hour excursion travelling on board the Chena snow-coach. Head to the top of the hill for uninterrupted views and keep your fingers crossed for a dazzling display of the Northern Lights. Note: Snow-coach excursion is subject to snow and weather conditions. Overnight: Chena Hot Springs Resort.
- Day 3: Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Enjoy a full day at leisure to soak in the geothermal heated Rock Lake and hot tubs, swim in the indoor pool or try some of the many winter activities on offer at the resort. Options include dog sledding, snowmobiling, snow coach tours, ice skating, snowshoeing, scenic flights and more (additional cost, payable locally). This evening keep watch on the sky and you may be rewarded with another display of the aurora overhead as you relax in your outdoor hot tub. Overnight: Chena Hot Springs Resort.
- Day 4: Chena Hot Springs Resort - Fairbanks
- This morning you will be transferred back to Fairbanks for your flight home.
Marriott Springhill Suites, Fairbanks
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
This modern 140-room hotel in the heart of historic down…
The above is a selection of accommodation available for this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Price from £628 per person (based on twin share).
Daily, 30 November 2017 - 30 March 2018
Price includes overnight standard hotel accommodation in Fairbanks • 2 nights accommodation at Chena Hot Springs Resort • transfer from Fairbanks to Chena Hot Springs, and from Chena to Fairbanks Airport • 4-hour evening Aurora Viewing excursion (subject to snow and weather conditions) • Northern Lights Bradt Guide Book
Price excludes flights • arrival transfer from Fairbanks airport to hotel • meals and beverages • items of a personal nature • tips and gratuities • optional tours • travel insurance
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.