Discover Alaska’s vast wilderness and revel in countless unforgettable experiences on this ultimate luxury holiday. Stay in some of Alaska’s most secluded wilderness lodges in majestic locations and enjoy a number of included activities. With transfers and transportation included, this itinerary delivers a truly indulgent Alaska holiday.
- Stay in 3 luxury wilderness lodges
- Enjoy a range of included activities such as kayaking, bush plane safaris & guided nature walks
- Encounter grizzlies, moose and other wildlife
- Transfer by bush and float-plane
The rustic luxury lodges included in this journey are, without a doubt, one of the highlights of this itinerary. Winterlake Lodge offers seclusion and spectacular scenery, in the southern boundary of Denali National Park. Views of the Trimble Glacier and the beginnings of the Rainy Pass are visible from the lake. Guests can enjoy opportunities for hiking and wildlife viewing with many species of Alaskan birds often seen nearby, as well as a variety of wildflowers and berries that are rarely seen. Kayaks and boats are also available to explore the lake as well as guided and non-guided exploration opportunities.
Tutka Bay Lodge is situated amongst rugged coastlines, deep fjords, dramatic mountains, quiet beaches, old growth Sitka spruce forests, and amazing tidal fluctuations. Offering six private guest accommodations, a main lodge, sauna, hot tub and boat house – all connected by a boardwalk, this property is accessible only by floatplane, helicopter or boat. The large deck offers comfortable seating as well as an area for helicopter landings.
Your last stop lies one hundred miles from paved roads, centered on adventure and steeped in luxury; Ultima Thule Lodge offers rustic Alaskan luxury in the heart of Wrangell-St. Elias National Park. Your stay here includes daily bush plane flights, safari adventures and personalised unique activities, with the option of a private guide.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Anchorage
- Upon arrival in Anchorage take a private transfer to your hotel, the rest of your day is at leisure to enjoy the sights.
- Day 2: Anchorage - Winterlake Lodge
- Transfer from your hotel to Lake Hood, the world’s largest floatplane lake. Board your floatplane for a scenic 50-minute flight to Winterlake Lodge. The flight takes you north and west – within views of Denali (formerly Mt. McKinley). Land on Finger Lake, the location of an Iditarod checkpoint and check in to your cabin. Join your hosts at the main lodge for a brief orientation to the activities and facilities at the lodge, then plan your days with your guides. Options include: guided narrated walks, hiking, canoeing and kayaking; watching wild birds; berry picking; cooking classes (offered daily); wine and cheese tastings; yoga and stretch classes, one complimentary massage, soaking in the hot tub or swimming in the lake. Lunch and dinner included.
- Day 3: Helicopter adventure
- After breakfast meet your helicopter pilot and guide for a day-long adventure outing via a Robinson R-44 helicopter to Canyon Creek for fly fishing or explore the Tordrillo Mountain area for glacier trekking and hiking. In the afternoon, you may enjoy lunch in the outdoors or back at the lodge, then after lunch you may choose to hike to the top of Wolverine Ridge where the view of Mt. Denali is spectacular. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Day 4: Winterlake Lodge
- Today, hike down an old trap line trail to explore Red Lake. Spot for moose, black bears, swans and loons. Canoe the lake with your guide and paddle to the Iditarod trail. The way back will loop you back to the lodge through an old growth boreal forest filled with wild berries. Learn to forage as you explore. After lunch, enjoy a complimentary massage and join the afternoon stretch class. Take an opportunity for adventure or a quiet afternoon. Grab a stand up paddle board with your guide to explore or read a book on the deck rocking chairs. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Day 5: Winter Lake Lodge - Tutka Bay Lodge
- This morning board a floatplane to travel to Tutka Bay Lodge. It’s a scenic 70-minute flight along the Kenai coast. Check in with your hosts at the main lodge for a brief orientation to the activities and facilities at the lodge, and then plan your day with your guide. Guided activities include: Sea kayaking, local sport fishing, beachcombing and tidal-pool exploration, coastal touring by boat, nature trail hiking through old growth forests, hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System, birding and wildlife viewing. Use of sauna and hot tub, morning yoga classes, one complimentary massage, cooking classes and wine tasting are also included. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Day 6: Bear viewing or deep sea fishing excursion
- Today you can choose from either a Deep Sea Fishing Excursion in search of saltwater fish such as halibut, cod and salmon or a bear viewing excursion into the famed Katmai area. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Day 7: Tutka Bay Lodge
- After breakfast, explore one of the many trails through Kachemak Bay State Park or travel by boat with your guide to the Grewingk Glacier. View the glacier’s exposed gravel field and learn the anatomy of an Alaskan glacier. Take the Glacier Lake hike and admire icebergs in the lake nestled up in the mountains. This glacier tells an ecological and culture story of this region’s history. Make it a full-day adventure and bring a picnic lunch, or plan to return to the lodge for lunch after exploring. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Day 8: Tutka Bay Lodge - Anchorage
- After breakfast, catch the water taxi back to Homer and Ravn Alaska jet flight back to Anchorage. Upon arrival in Anchorage take a private transfer to your hotel (included), the rest of the day is at leisure. Breakfast included.
- Day 9: Anchorage - Ultima Thule Lodge
- Today, take a private charter flight to McCarthy, and then continue with a bush plane flight to the Ultima Thule Lodge. Ultima Thule, defined as ‘the land remote beyond reckoning,’ was built from the realisation that indulging creature comforts and overwhelming the senses are ideal ingredients for once-in-a-lifetime experiences. This unique and timeless lodge has adopted a style of “no roughing it” luxury that only enhances the already indescribable setting. Yet the lodge is simply the basecamp in a place where adventure is not dictated by itineraries. Dinner included.
- Days 10-12: Ultima Thule Lodge
- Each day, the weather is considered and safari flight adventures begin. The light bush airplanes are specifically designed to access off the beaten path places while ensuring minimal impact to the natural world and a heightened level of personal experience. Guests find themselves in a world removed from civilization and the press of humanity while stopping for lunch in the middle of the largest (non-polar) glacier on earth; on top of a high alpine plateau to walk among arctic flowers and sample wild berries; next to a salmon stream fishing alongside grizzly bears, or soaring among 14-18,000 foot peaks along the way to the Pacific coastline to watch 1000 year old glacier ice crash into the surf. There is no day to day itinerary at Ultima Thule Lodge, however daily flight safari adventures are all included. The options for the day will be discussed with guests daily. Breakfast, lunch and dinner included.
- Day 13: Ultima Thule Lodge - Anchorage
- This afternoon you will depart the lodge for McCarthy after a partial day of adventure activities. In McCarthy board a private plane for your return journey to Anchorage. A private transfer to your hotel is included. Breakfast and lunch included.
- Day 14: Anchorage
- Check out from your hotel and take a private transfer to Anchorage airport where your incredible journey ends.
Winterlake Lodge, nr Tordrillo Mountains
- Grade: Superior Full board
- Type: Luxury Lodge
Situated near the western edge of the Alaska Range, Wint…
Tutka Bay Lodge, nr Homer
- Grade: Superior Full board
- Type: Luxury Lodge
Tutka Bay Lodge sits at the entrance to a splendidly rug…
The above is a selection of accommodation available for this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Price from £18,473 per person based on twin share
Departs Select Saturdays only, between June and early-September
Jun: 02, 09, 16, 30
Jul: 14, 21, 28
Aug: 11, 18, 25
3 nights hotel accommodation in Anchorage • Private SUV transfers between Anchorage airport and hotel • Private transfer from Anchorage hotel to Lake Hood Seaplane Base • Winterlake Lodge / Tutka Bay Lodge Package including: 3 nights accommodation at Winterlake Lodge; 3 nights accommodation at Tutka Bay Lodge; Meals; Floatplane travel from Anchorage to Winterlake Lodge (maximum luggage allowance 22kgs per person); Helicopter adventure at Winterlake Lodge; Floatplane travel from Winterlake Lodge to Tutka Bay Lodge (maximum luggage allowance 22kgs per person); A choice of either bear viewing or deep sea fishing at Tutka Bay Lodge; Water taxi from Tutka Bay Lodge to Homer; Ground transportation in Homer; Flight from Homer to Anchorage (maximum luggage allowance 22kgs per person); Massage, yoga and cooking classes at both lodges; All activities are guided • Private transfer from Anchorage airport to Anchorage • Private transfer between Anchorage hotel and Merrill Field airport • Return private charter flight between Anchorage and McCarthy • Ultima Thule Lodge Package including: Return flights from McCarthy to/from the lodge Alaskan gourmet meals and cuisine, served fresh, wild and locally harvested; Complimentary selection of house wines and local Alaskan craft beers; Unlimited access to cedar sauna, wood-fired hot tub and self-spa; Light laundry service; Senior level guides and any necessary equipment/gear (groups of 2 or more traveling together always have the option for private adventures and guides each day); Daily bush plane flights and Safari Adventures; Tailor made, unique adventures each day with the option of a private guide for every group; Any specialty gear/equipment needed for adventure activities; • comprehensive travel documentation and information package including itinerary.
International flights & airport taxes • Additional meals and excursions not specified above • Travel insurance • Gratuities & items of a personal nature.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.