Experience Alaska's resilient interior as well as the spectacular coast on this independent twin-centre holiday. From the secluded Winterlake Lodge near the Tordrillo Mountains, south of Denali National Park to the remote Tutka Bay Lodge which sits at the entrance to a splendidly rugged seven-mile fjord near Homer, this itinerary offers a true Alaskan adventure.
- Stay at two secluded lodges in contrasting locations
- Enjoy a range of activities from kayaking to nature tails
- Take scenic floatplane transfers to reach your accommodation
- Enjoy full board at both lodges
This holiday blends two of Alaska's most remarkable lodges and offers a plethora of activities from walking, hiking and canoeing to berry picking, bird watching and fishing. Both properties offer cooking classes and cheese and wine tasting along with yoga classes, use of the hot tub and a complimentary massage (one per person per stay).
While staying in the wilderness at Winterlake Lodge you will also experience one helicopter excursion, and at Tutka Bay Lodge you can choose from deep sea fishing or bear viewing. Additional excursions can also be pre booked (at an additional cost).
Winterlake Lodge offers five guest cabins, nestled along a mile-long lake that is home to loons, swans, bears, moose and arctic grayling. Guests can enjoy opportunities for hiking and wildlife viewing with many species of Alaskan birds often seen nearby, as well as a variety of wildflowers and berries that are rarely seen.
Situated on an eleven-acre property, Tutka Bay Lodge offers a main lodge, six private guest accommodations, a sauna, hot tub and boat house – all connected by boardwalk. The lodge offers an array of activities to introduce you to the Kachemak Bay marine community. In addition to tide-pooling and other marine-based activities, guests can often visit the nearby villages of Seldovia and Homer for art galleries and cultural exploration. Guided adventure activities include deep-sea fishing for salmon and halibut, freshwater fishing, ocean kayaking and hiking the unique trail system.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Anchorage - Winterlake
- Depart Lake Hood in Anchorage for a scenic one hour flight by floatplane to Winterlake Lodge. On arrival you will be met by your lodge hosts and after an orientation at the lodge you can plan your daily activities. Spend this afternoon at leisure.
- Day 2: Winterlake Lodge
- Today you have a full day to enjoy the lodge activities, choose from narrated walks, hiking, canoeing, kayaking or wild bird watching. Alternatively, other activities include cooking classes, berry picking, cheese and wine tasting or yoga classes.
- Day 3: Winterlake Lodge - Tutka Bay Lodge
- Today you'll take a scenic floatplane transfer to Tutka Bay Wilderness Lodge. After you orientation you are free to enjoy this beautiful lodge and surrounding area.
- Day 4: Tutka Bay Wilderness Lodge
- Activities are aplenty and today is free for you to explore. Enjoy sea kayaking, sport fishing or tidal-pool exploration or join the nature trail hiking through old forests. Spend your day bird-watching or wildlife viewing or hike the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System. This afternoon enjoy a cooking class or wine tasting session or relax in the sauna and hot tub.
- Day 5: Tutka Bay - Anchorage
- After breakfast, catch the water taxi back to Homer and Ravn Alaska jet flight back to Anchorage. Your journey ends here.
Winterlake Lodge, nr Tordrillo Mountains
- Grade: Superior Full board
- Type: Luxury Lodge
Situated near the western edge of the Alaska Range, Wint…
The above is a selection of accommodation available for this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Price from £7,380 per person, based on twin share
Price includes return flights to and from Anchorage and between the lodges (on a non-private basis, maximum luggage allowance 22kgs per person); accommodation as listed with full board; lodge based and guided activities as follows:
- Winterlake Lodge Activities narrated walks, hiking, canoeing and kayaking; watching wild birds; berry picking; cooking classes (offered daily); wine and cheese tastings; yoga and stretch classes, one complimentary massage, soaking in the hut tub or swimming in the lake. Also included is one helicopter excursion.
- Tutka Bay Lodge Activities sea kayaking, local sport fishing, beachcombing and tidal-pool exploration, coastal touring by boat, nature trail hiking through old growth forests, hiking in the Kachemak Bay State Park Trail System, birding and wildlife viewing. Use of sauna and hot tub, morning yoga classes, one complimentary massage, cooking classes and wine tasting. Also included is a choice of either deep sea fishing or a bear viewing trip (preference must be advised at time of booking).
Prices exclude international flights & airport taxes; optional excursions; fishing license; alcoholic beverages; travel insurance; gratuities and items of a personal nature
Note price based on itinerary as shown. If there is limited availability we may be able to re-sequence the itinerary, subject to a change in cost.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.