Max capacity: 54 passengers
Our smallest ship, Polar Pioneer offers traditional expedition voyaging, exploring areas that large vessels cannot access. Originally built as an ice-strengthened research vessel, the ship offers simple but comfortable accommodation.
Built in 1982 and fully refitted for guests in 2000, the Polar Pioneer now offers comfortable accommodation for a maximum of just 54 travellers, in a range of shared and private cabins each with external views. Spacious decks and an open bridge policy also allow for excellent wildlife viewing opportunities.
Facilities on board the Polar Pioneer include a sauna, two dining rooms, lounge bar, gift shop and a dedicated lecture theatre. The ship carries a fleet of zodiacs as well as adventure kit such as kayaks, scuba diving gear and climbing equipment (available on selected voyages).
- Triple Cabins (2) two lower single berths and 1 upper single berth with porthole, on main deck. Shared bathroom facilities.
- Twin Share (9) two lower single berths with porthole, on main deck. Shared bathroom facilities.
- Twin Private Economy (2) Cabins 402 and 403 have an upper and lower bunk and a couch, with window and private bathroom.
- Twin Private (10) two lower single berths with window and private bathroom, on upper deck or Captain’s deck.
- Mini Suites (2) one double bedroom and separate seating area with windows and tv/dvd player, on Captain’s deck.
- Captain’s Suite (1) one double bedroom and separate lounge with windows, fridge and tv/dvd player, on Captain’s deck.
All cabins have exterior views and a washbasin.
Triple or twin share cabins are available (on a same gender basis). Sole occupancy of a cabin incurs a supplement.
Small and sturdy, Polar Pioneer is a true expedition ship offering excellent flexibility and a more intimate voyage experience.