This wonderful 11-day tour of Tasmania's East Coast showcases the highlights, hidden corners and most accessible islands. Those with a little more time and a yen to dust off the walking boots can embark on one of Tasmania's legendary walks such as the four day Maria Island Walk or the shorter, gourmet-themed, Bruny Island Long Weekend.
- Explore wonderful beaches and remarkable aboriginal history on Flinders Island
- Experience a remarkable wildlife and wilderness journey with your local Pepperbush Adventures guide
- Enjoy a stunning 3 hour eco-cruise on Bruny Island with Pennicott Wilderness Journeys (included)
- Savour some of the finest food and wine for which Tasmania is renowned
- Stay with the locals in a selection of unique Innkeepers' properties and receive a wonderfully warm Tassie welcome from your hosts
- Spend time in the magnificent Freycinet Peninsula, one of Tasmania's most iconic of national parks
For those especially interested in Tasmania's fascinating birds and wildlife the best time to visit is during October-November.
Contact our Australia experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Days 1-2: Melbourne-Flinders Island
Fly from Melbourne today to this deeply spiritual island, enjoy stunning, untouched landscapes. Flinders Island is 50km by 70km, etched with deep aboriginal history and has over 80 white sandy beaches. This is a wildlife and birding enthusiast's nirvana!
Overnight: Partridge Farm. Breakfast included.
- Days 3-4: Flinders Island-Launceston
Take a short flight to Tasmania's second largest city in Northern Tasmania and enjoy a 2 night stay. Collect your rental car and perhaps get off the beaten track and spend time with local wildlife guide, Craig Williams (optional, at extra cost) or, if you are feeling more energetic, embark on the four day Bay of Fires Walk.
Overnight: Beauty Point, Tamar Valley or Brickenden Colonial Estate & Farm. Breakfast included.
- Days 5-6: Freycinet Peninsula (176 km)
Discover the most iconic of Tasmania's national parks and the most photographed of beaches at Wineglass Bay. Here you will take a cruise to discover the hidden bays of the Freycinet Peninsula and enjoy lunch at anchor in Wineglass Bay.
Overnight: Freycinet Retreat. Breakfast included.
- Days 7-8: Hobart (193 km)
Drive today along vineyard and olive grove lined coastline with stunning views across from the east coast to Maria Island. From here you are within easy reach of many of Southern Tasmania's top visitor attractions including MONA, Port Arthur, Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary, and the Mt Field National Park.
Overnight: Salamanca Wharf Hotel or Lena of Hobart.
- Days 9-10: Bruny Island (72.3 km)
Take the car ferry today to one of Tasmania's best kept secrets - Bruny Island. It was here in 1777 at Adventure Bay that Captain Cook anchored the HMS Resolution in order to replace the ships supplies and collect fresh water. Follow in his footsteps and walk around Resolution Bay before exploring the island's windswept beaches which look south to Antarctica.
It is here on Bruny Island that you can try and spot all 12 endemic bird species and Australia's only wild and remarkably docile white wallabies. Stay in a cottage on one of Australia’s top birding and wildlife private reserves set in 1500 acres of private land. Take a private bird and wildlife spotting tour with one of Inala’s top guides (at extra cost). Enjoy rainforest walks, take a 3 hour eco-cruise along the highest cliffs in the Southern hemisphere.
Overnight: Inala Farmstay. Breakfast included.
- Day 11: Hobart (72.1 km)
- Return your hire car today before your flight to the mainland or continue your Tasmanian journey to the island's Central Highlights and West Coast. Or, to further immerse yourself in Tasmania's beautiful east coast and its nature, bird and wildlife, why not enjoy the three night guided Maria Island Walk?
A variety of accommodation options are available for this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
ExcursionsA wide variety of optional excursions are available to add to your holiday, some of which are listed below. Please enquire for further information. Please note
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person
Accommodation in B&B's and farmstays on a breakfast basis (hotels optional) ● Rental of a Drive or Budget standard compact vehicle ● Domestic flight from Melbourne to Flinders Island ● Internal flight from Flinders Island to Launceston ● 3 Hour Bruny Island Eco Cruise ● Wineglass Bay Cruise
** Other car types are available - please call for further details
International and domestic flights and airport taxes ● Fuel ● Travel insurance ● Personal expenses ● Tips and gratuities
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.