Discover magnificent World Heritage subtropical rainforests and traverse a landscape as old as the dinosaurs on this mesmerising walk in the Gold Coast Hinterland. Massive strangler figs, ancient Antarctic beech, red cedar, rosewood and booyongs tower overhead whilst hundreds of different species of palms, vines, ferns and orchids flourish beneath.
- Walk through lush untouched World heritage Gondwana rainforest, along the rim of an ancient eroded volcano
- A mysterious melting pot of fauna and flora including outstanding bird life like the striking regent bowerbird
- Hike the border track through pristine rainforests, rivers, waterfalls and birdlife
- Be pampered in luxury accommodations
The Gold Coast Hinterland area is purported to be the largest area of protected subtropical rainforest in the world, with sizeable areas of warm temperate rainforest and nearly all of Australia's remaining Antarctic beech cool temperate rainforest. This is an untouched environment where new plants are being found, classified and named even today.
More than 160 species of sub-tropical birds will keep everyone engrossed. Many of them are easy to see and unafraid of people. The striking black and yellow regent bower bird is always a favourite. Red-necked pademelons, possums and sugar gliders are commonly seen around the lodges in the evenings.
The walking near O'Reilly's and Binna Burra is mostly easy on well graded tracks. This trip operates with two guides so we can offer easier and harder walk options along the way.
If you can't make any of the set departure dates ask our Travel Specialists about the self guided walk which can be enjoyed year round.
Maximum group size: 16
Contact our Australia experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Coolangatta - Binna Burra
- This morning your walking holiday will commence at the Gold Coast Airport at 09.30am. Travel to Binna Burra stopping at Springbrook National Park along the way. Enjoy a delightful circuit walk followed by a visit to Purlingbrook Falls.
- Day 2: Coomera Circuit
- You will have a choice of two circuit walks today of varying difficulties. Both circuits will pass through several vegetation types. Waterfalls are also aplenty today on either circuit choice. Today’s tracks will criss-crosses rainforest creeks for much of the day, passing many waterfalls.
- Day 3: Daves Creek Circuit
- Today we will walk on the Hinterland Great Walk as we head down into the Numinbah Valley. This track takes you to the remote eastern escarpment for great views into the Valley.
- Day 4: Lamington Traverse
- Another full day of hiking, this time it's the Lamington Traverse. Walk across the rainforest plateau on the Border Track to your accommodation at O'Reilly's Rainforest Retreat - at 22km it's a long way but the route is almost flat and the going is easy. The track emerges from the subtropical rainforest at several panoramic escarpment lookouts along the way.
- Day 5: Lamington National Park
- This morning there will be an option to start your day off with a bird walk guided by a local expert. Both walks today guide us through lush sub-tropical rainforest with impressive stands of brush box and piccabeen palms. You will find yourself surrounded by the giants of the forest with waterfalls a plenty. Finish the day with a soak in the heated outdoor spa pool.
- Day 6: return to Gold Coast
- After breakfast there will be an opportunity to climb the giant fig tree and explore the different levels of the rainforest on the Tree Tops Walk before travelling back to the Gold Coast.
A variety of accommodation options are included in this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person
|Twin share||Single Rate|
5 nights accommodation ● All meals (5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 5 dinners) ● Two guides ● All transport from Coolangatta airport ● National Park fees ● Insulated lunch bag, maps & map case, info pack, memento DVD containing photos of your trip.
Flights and airport taxes ● Additional meals and excursions not specified ● Travel insurance ● Gratuities and items of a personal nature.
05, 11, 18 August 2018
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.