Explore Kakadu National Park, participate in an authentic Indigenous cultural experience and get up close and personal with a variety of wildlife on this small group escorted 4x4 tour to Australia’s top end.
- Explore the waterfalls and natural swimming holes of Litchfield National Park
- Cruise on Yellow Waters billabong in search of saltwater crocodiles
- Learn about the culturally significant Aboriginal art sites of Nourlangie and Ubirr
- Admire the cascading waterfalls of Twin and Jim Jim Falls
- Explore Nitmiluk National Park and the 23 million year old Katherine Gorge
- Meet Aboriginal artists at the award winning Top Didj Cultural Experience
Swim in the crystal clear natural plunge pools and waterfalls of Litchfield National Park, travel to Nitmiluk National Park where you can cruise, kayak or walk through Katherine Gorge and take in the Indigenous culture that makes the Top End so unique. Spend your evenings in private campsites, enjoying dinner around the campfire and marvelling at the clear Southern skies above you.
Maximum group size: 17
Contact our Australia experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Darwin – Litchfield National Park (L,D)
- You will be collected from your Darwin accommodation this morning for the short journey south to nearby Litchfield National Park. Explore the flowing waterfalls, spring-fed streams and rugged sandstone escarpments this national park is famous for before discovering the towering Cathedral and Magnetic termite mounds. Enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch overlooking the cascading Florence and Wangi Falls before heading southbound towards Kakadu National Park. Travel past flourishing billabongs and thriving floodwater plains admiring a wealth of wildlife throughout the journey before arriving at your private campsite just before sunset.
- Day 2: Kakadu National Park (B,L,D)
- This morning enjoy an iconic and adrenalin filled Yellow Waters billabong cruise along spectacular waterways which are home to a remarkable array of wildlife including the mighty saltwater croc. Continue to the ancient rock art site of Nourlangie, where Aboriginal paintings depict life in Kakadu thousands of years ago before visiting the Bowali Visitors Centre to see the audio-visual presentations and Marrawuddi Gallery showcasing a wide variety of Aboriginal art. This afternoon you will also visit the culturally significant Aboriginal art site of Ubirr, located deep within the East Alligator region of the park. View a wide range of ancient Aboriginal art which will be interpreted by your guide before climbing the Nadab Lookout for panoramic views over the floodplains below. Watch the sun go down over one of Australia’s least unknown regions, Arnhem Land before making the short journey back to your private campsite.
- Day 3: Kakadu National Park (B, L, D)
- Today the jewels of Kakadu National Park await. Departing early you will travel to the remarkable Jim Jim Falls only accessible via an exhilarating 4WD track, boat shuttle and short walk. Relax on the sandy banks of the waterhole before continuing to the remote Twin Falls. Walk through ancient monsoon forest to discover a spectacular waterfall surrounded by 150m cliffs. Take a dip in the natural azure plunge pool below the falls before returning to your campsite for a bush tucker dinner under the stars.
- Day 4: Kakadu National Park (B, L, D)
- Today head to Gunlom Falls for a full morning exploring this breathtaking area. Relax around the lower plunge pool before hiking to the top of the falls for spectacular views of the waterfall from above. After a picnic lunch travel to the renowned Katherine region, stopping on the way at Edith Falls for a refreshing dip in the natural plunge pool before retiring to your private campsite for dinner, good company and a well-deserved rest.
- Day 5: Kakadu National Park (B,L)
- Rise early and journey into Nitmiluk National Park before the masses arrive to enjoy an iconic boat cruise, canoe or walk through the immense Katherine Gorge (at own expense). Explore the spiritual home of the Jawoyn people before enjoying lunch high on the cliff top overlooking the gorge. This afternoon visit the award winning Top Didj Cultural Experience to meet Aboriginal artists and learn about their Aboriginal culture and life in Australia’s Top End. Later this afternoon return to Darwin and continue with your onward journey.
Permanent tented campsites are used throughout with hot water, flush toilets, fixed tent with bed, pillow, fitted sheet and towel. Sleeping bags can be hired on request or swags are available for sleeping out under the stars.
ExcursionsA number of excursions are included in this itinerary, some of which are listed in more detail below. Your Travel Specialist will be able to advise on additional or upgraded excursion options to suit your interests.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person
4 nights camping equipment including permanent tent, beds and linen ● Experienced driver-guide ● Travel in an air-conditioned 4WD vehicle ● Meals as outlined in the itinerary ● Yellow Waters cruise ● Top Didj Cultural Experience ● Drinking water
International and domestic flights and airport taxes ● Fuel ● Travel insurance ● Personal expenses ● Tips and gratuities ● National Park Fees (approx. £22) ● Boat Shuttle at Twin Falls (approx. £8) ● Additional excursions
- The maximum luggage allowed is 10kg per person in a soft bag. Additional luggage can be stored at Darwin accommodation
- Children under 5 are not allowed on the tour.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.