This small group luxury 4WD escorted tour is designed to allow participants to experience the great variety of unique wildlife whilst experiencing the marvellous landscapes of Kangaroo Island. Visit the renowned Seal Bay Conservation Park and learn how Australian sea lions survive the harsh rigours of the southern ocean. Walk along the vast sand dunes of little Sahara and enjoy the magnificent views of the distant bays beyond.
- Flinders Chase National Park (Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks)
- Lathami Conservation Park
- Seal Bay
- Pelican feeding
- North Coast Beaches
You will visit the Parndana Wildlife Park where injured or orphaned animals are found a home and marvel at the variety of birds and wildlife that reside here. Enjoy a walk through the jaw dropping Lathami National Park and observe the multitude of kangaroos, wallabies and the rare glossy black cockatoo.
Visit Flinders Chase National Park before admiring Admirals Arch, an ancient limestone formation close to the ocean, the perfect nesting ground for an active colony of the New Zealand fur seal. See the Remarkable Rocks before enjoying a traditional Aussie BBQ lunch. Visit Handon Bay Wildlife Sanctuary before enjoying a leisurely stroll down the beach at Vivonne Bay. Visit the town of American River and watch the pelicans before exploring the quaint township of Penneshaw, where you will sample some of their vintage wine.
This tour includes 3 full days of touring via 4WD across the island, as well as all inclusive dinners, bed and breakfast, home cooked lunches, drinks, entry fees and transfers. Contact our team of Aussie Specialists to include this as part of a longer touring holiday.
Maximum group size: 6
Contact our Australia experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Kingscote
- After arriving into Kingscote you will meet your guide before heading to Seal Bay Conservation Park. Stoll through the bush and visit the vast sand dunes of Little Sahara. Traverse the rural middle island via the Parndana Wildlife Park. After a picnic lunch continue to the northern beaches of Snellings and Stokes Bay before heading to the stunning Lathami National Park to observe the kangaroos, wallabies and black cockatoo. Your first day touring concludes with your return to island accommodation.
- Day 2: Flinders Chase National Park
- Walk through the stunning Flinders Chase National Park where Kangaroos laze and Cape Barren geese graze. Continue onto Admirals Arch, an ancient limestone formation close to the ocean where an active colony of New Zealand fur seals nest. Continue onto Remarkable Rocks and enjoy a short walk through the local bush before enjoying a traditional Aussie BBQ lunch. After lunch head to Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary, 9500 acres of protected land where koalas roam before heading to Vivonne Bay with its crystal clear water. Head down to Point Ellen where you can fossick for shells on the beach before returning to your selected island accommodation.
- Day 3: American River - Kingscote
- Head to the picturesque town of American River and watch the pelicans before exploring the quaint coastal township of Penneshaw. Call into Sunset Winery for a sample of their latest vintage before enjoying a homemade picnic lunch. Enjoy a glass of wine whilst strolling along the beautiful Antechamber Bay to look for penguins before climbing the oldest lighthouse in South Australia at Cape Willoughby. End the day and tour at the ocean sitting on the rocks in Kingscote admiring the pelican's soaring overhead whilst enjoying a glass of wine.
A variety of accommodation options are included in this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person
B&B or hotel style accommodation in either a 3*, 4* or 5* rating ● Entrance fees to national parks and seal bay
● Home baked daily lunches, regional beers and wines and tea and coffee ● Meet and Greet at Kingscote airport or island accommodation
Flights and airport taxes ● Additional meals not specified above ● Personal travel insurance ● Gratuities & items of a personal nature
Departures: Daily (except Christmas Day) 09.00 - 18.00
*One way flight and one way ferry to/from Adelaide is available on request for an additional £172 per person
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.