Explore nature’s wonders and the great outdoors of Western Canada on this independent self drive motorhome holiday. Enjoy the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, marvel at magnificent snow capped mountains and take in the glorious pristine turquoise lakes.
- Enjoy Okanagan and the beaches of Kelowna, plus the many nearby vineyards
- Take in the vivid lakes, vast glaciers, alpine meadows and soaring mountains of the Icefields Parkway
- Explore Jasper National Park and visit Maligne Lake, one of the most photographed lakes in the world
This well thought out itinerary caters for those who enjoy the freedom a motorhome brings but with the ease of knowing where you are travelling to each day, leaving you free to enjoy all Canada has to offer.
Offering the ultimate flexibility, you have the choice of following our suggested itinerary and pre-booking your overnight campsite stops or book your motorhome rental only and vary the itinerary as you travel.
We recommend pre-booking campsites during peak season in Canada, from mid-May to late-September and in the itinerary we have provided suggested campsites.
Please click here for more information on motorhome rental with Cruise Canada or Fraserway RV.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Vancouver
- Spend your morning exploring the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver and this afternoon collect your motorhome. Take the short journey to your first campsite, one of British Columbia’s highest rated sites and an ideal site from which to explore the surrounds of Vancouver. Suggested campsite: Burnaby Cariboo RV Park, Vancouver
- Day 2: Vancouver - Okanagan
- Today you will travel to the Okanagan Valley, home to a variety of beautiful vineyards. Gorgeous beaches are surrounded by ponderosa pines and sagebrush which make the park a perfect spot for swimming and water activities. Suggested campsite: Camp Okanagan, Okanagan
- Day 3: Okanagan
- Today is a free day for you to explore. Perhaps visit one of the Valley’s nearby vineyards in Oliver, Penticton, Okanagan Falls or Kelowna. Suggested campsite: Camp Okanagan, Okanagan
- Day 4: Okanagan - Revelstoke
- Today you will travel to Revelstoke, nestled high in the Monashee Mountains and adjacent to both Mount Revelstoke National Park and Glacier National Park. Flanked by the snow-capped peaks of the Selkirk Mountains to the east and the Monashees to the west, Revelstoke was proclaimed The Capital of Canada's Alps and was known as The Mountain Paradise in the early 1900’s. Suggested campsite: RV Camping Revelstoke
- Day 5: Revelstoke - Lake Louise
- Make your way to Lake Louise, one of Canada’s most iconic regions. The lake, named for Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, daughter of Queen Victoria, is 1,730 metres (5,680 feet) above sea level. You may wish to enjoy a hike on one of the numerous trails or paddle a canoe on the lake. Suggested campsite: Lake Louise Park Campground
- Day 6: Lake Louise
- Today enjoy a recommended drive across the Great Divide into Yoho National Park. The word Yoho is an aboriginal term for awe and wonder, and it’s easy to see why the park was named as such. Visit the Takakkaw Falls (one of the highest in the world), Emerald Lake, Kicking Horse Pass, Spiral Tunnels and the Natural Rock Bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River, before returning to Lake Louise. Suggested campsite: Lake Louise Park Campground
- Day 7: Lake Louise - Jasper
- Travel along the scenic Icefields Parkway to Jasper. Surrounded by mountains, glaciers and pristine emerald lakes, you may wish to stop at highlights such as the Sarbach Glacier, Peyto Lake, Bow Lake and Crowfoot Glacier. For this stop we are recommending a choice of campsites, a more rustic option within Jasper National Park or a full service campsite at nearby Hinton. Suggested campsites: Whistlers campground / Waipiti campground (both inside the national park) or Hinton KOA
- Day 8: Jasper
- A free day to enjoy the many attractions of Jasper – perhaps take a tram ride up Whistlers mountain, or visit Maligne Lake, one of the most photographed lakes in the world. Suggested campsites: Whistlers campground / Waipiti campground (both inside the national park) or Hinto
- Day 9: Jasper - Clearwater
- Make your way to Clearwater today and travel through the magnificent Wells Gray Provincial Park and Columbia Mountains. Clearwater is an interesting town at the gateway to the Wells Gray Provincial Park. Suggested campsite: Helmcken Falls Lodge
- Day 10: Clearwater - Vancouver
- Today make your journey back to Vancouver and spend this afternoon at leisure. Suggested campsite: Burnaby Cariboo RV Park, Vancouver
- Days 11: Vancouver
- Today is at your leisure to explore Vancouver. Perhaps visit Vancouver Harbour, Stanley Park and Granville Island. Nearby Grouse Mountain and Capilano Suspension Bridge are also well worth a visit. Suggested campsite: Burnaby Cariboo RV Park, Vancouver
- Day 12: Vancouver
- Return your motorhome to the Vancouver depot and continue on your travels.
Approx 1235 miles / 1980 kms
A variety of motorhome options are available for this holiday. Please contact us for further details.
Prices & Dates
Price from £825 per person, based on 2 people travelling in a standard C-medium motorhome with Fraserway RV.
Price from £989 per person, based on 2 people travelling in a standard C25 motorhome with Cruise Canada.
Prices vary depending on departure date. Vehicle upgrade options are also available.
Departs May - October 2018
Fraerway - Prices include
11 nights / 12 days hire of a standard C-medium motorhome • Gold All Inclusive Rates which include - CDR Insurance; Unlimited KMs; Convenience Kits; RV Preparation • CDW - Collision Damage Waiver CDW (only available in combination with CDR) - reduces the renter's responsibility for damages coverd by CDR from $750 to $0.
Cruise Canada - Prices include
11 nights / 12 days hire of a standard C25 motorhome • comprehensive insurance cover (up to one million dollars liability) • accidental damage (subject to a deductible excess) • unlimited mileage plus package which includes one vehicle provision kit (pots, pans and crockery) and two personal kits (bedding, towels etc).
Flights & airport taxes • meals and excursions • airport transfer • travel insurance • gratuities & items of a personal nature
Please note you will be required to pay a refundable security deposit of CA $500 by credit card, or if you do not have a credit card, a cash deposit of CA $1,500. Any damages will be charged against this deposit.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.