This compact self-drive itinerary focuses on two of Canada's most beautiful areas – the charming alpine resort of Whistler, nestled between world-renowned Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains and the spectacular Rockies, with its turquoise lakes, rugged peaks and glittering glaciers.
With a number of excellent excursions already included in the price, this compact itinerary is both enjoyable and affordable, for couples and families alike.
- Enjoy unbelievable views at the top of the Peak 2 Peak Gondola (included)
- Explore the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer (included)
- Feel your aches melt away in the Banff Upper Hot Springs (included)
- View the mountain forests and lakes from the Banff Gondola (included)
Enjoy 2 nights in the alpine town of Whistler, with its extensive range of summer activities from hiking, golfing and mountain biking to water sports on any of the nearby lakes or rivers.
Staying in both Jasper and Banff this itinerary allows easy exploration of the majestic Canadian Rockies and the stunning Icefields Parkway with its many sparkling glaciers, towering mountain peaks and roaring waterfalls.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1 Vancouver - Whistler (122 km)
- This morning depart Vancouver along the scenic Sea-to-Sky Highway to Whistler. Highlights along the way include the cascading Shannon Falls and the Stawamus Chief Rock where climbers from all over the world migrate to climb the granite cliffs. Arrive into Whistler by early afternoon.
- Day 2 Whistler
- This charming alpine resort is nestled between world-renowned Whistler and Blackcomb Mountains. Enjoy an extensive range of summer activities or just relax and enjoy some of the many fine restaurants in this European inspired alpine village. Take the Peak 2 Peak Gondola (included) where you will be treated to unbelievable views of glaciers, extinct volcanoes and snow-capped peaks.
- Day 3 Whistler - Sun Peaks (293 km)
- Begin your spectacular drive on the Duffey Lake Road where you will see breathtaking views of Joffre Glacier. Continue on through Lillooet known as the land of the Gold Rush Trail and onto Cache Creek where you stop to visit the historic Hat Creek Ranch (included). From here travel a short distance to your overnight accommodation located in a stunning resort of Sun Peaks.
- Day 4 Sun Peaks - Jasper (444 km)
- Today follow the Thompson River through rolling plateaus to the snowy peaks of the Monashee Mountains. View Pyramid Falls and the expansive glaciers of the Albreda Icefields. Pass by Mount Robson, at 3954 metres (12,972 feet), which is the highest peak in the Canadian Rockies. Arrive in Jasper late afternoon.
- Day 5 Jasper
- Explore this charming mountain village close to many terrific scenic highlights. Take a tram ride up Whistlers Mountain, or visit Maligne Lake, one of the most photographed lakes in the world.
- Day 6 Jasper - Banff (292 km)
- View a never-ending procession of mammoth mountains, jagged peaks, over 100 glaciers and pristine emerald coloured lakes. Along the way see such sights as the Columbia Icefield and take an Ice Explorer ride out onto the glacier (included). Also watch for the Sarbach Glacier, Peyto Lake, Bow Lake, with the Bow Glacier providing the backdrop, and Crowfoot Glacier before your arrival into Lake Louise. From Lake Louise choose the Bow Valley Parkway, beside the Bow River with an option for you to take a stop at Johnston Canyon and walk along the paved footpath to either the lower or upper waterfalls before continuing to Banff.
- Day 7 Banff
- Enjoy a full day of exploration in Banff and the surrounding area. In town you’ll find lots of excitement including shopping, cafés, nightlife and museums. Check out the Cave and Basin National Historic Site, Banff Gondola (included) where you will see a panoramic view of the Bow Valley, and then take a dip in the hot mineral pools at the Upper Hot Springs (included).
- Day 8 Banff - Calgary (115 km)
- Make your way to Calgary, enroute you may wish to stop at the historic Cochrane Ranch before returning your rental car in Calgary.
This itinerary is also available in reverse from Calgary to Vancouver. Contact our Canada Travel Specialist for a day-by-day itinerary.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
Overlooking Lac Beauvert just outside the township of Ja…
The above is a selection of accommodation available for this holiday. Other options are available based on your preferred category. Please contact us for further details.
ExcursionsA number of excursions are included in this itinerary, some of which are listed in more detail below. Your Travel Specialist will be able to advise on additional or upgraded excursion options to suit your interests
Prices & Dates
Twin price from £672 per person, based on standard accommodation and intermediate vehicle rental.
Family price from £1,505 for 2 adults and 2 children (aged 10 years and under), based on standard accommodation and intermediate rental vehicle.
Prices vary subject to departure date.
Departs daily from 01 May to 09 October 2018.
7 nights room only accommodation in your preferred accommodation category of choice (standard, superior or deluxe) ● 8 days car hire (Intermediate or Full Size) ● Whistler Peak 2 Peak Gondola Ride ● Admission to Hat Creek Ranch ● Admission to either Banff Upper Hot Springs or Miette Hot Springs, Jasper ● Sulphur Mountain Gondola Ride ● Ice Explorer ride onto the Athabasca Glacier ● Exclusive travel documentation including itinerary details, vouchers, maps, driving directions and a Lonely Planet guidebook.
Flights ● Meals and additional excursions not specified above ● Personal travel insurance (Discover the World offers a comprehensive policy - please contact our team for details) ● Additional airline or airport taxes or security charges, that are payable locally ● Gratuities & items of a personal nature ● Road tolls ● Hotel car parking fees - approx CA$20 per day, payable locally, prices vary.
Important note: In Canada it is mandatory for children 12 years and younger to have a car seat. Car seats are CA $13 per day, up to a maximum of CA $195. Car seats can be reserved at the time of booking and will need to be paid for locally. Avis can only confirm a maximum of two child seats per vehicle.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.