Enjoy some fabulous bear encounters on this wildlife break - the ideal addition to a tailor-made touring holiday. Knight Inlet is a spectacular fjord carved by glaciers in British Columbia's coastal mountains. This pristine wilderness is renowned for its excellent grizzly bear viewing, and a memorable stay at Knight Inlet Lodge offers a chance to see these fascinating animals in their natural habitat.
- bear viewing tour for the ultimate wildlife encounter (included)
- explore by boat, kayak or on a guided hiking trip (included)
- interpretive guide on all tours (included)
- scenic seaplane transfer (included)
Grizzly bears come out of hibernation in spring and can be seen from the safety of a boat as they feed on the banks of Glendale Cove in Knight Inlet. Their diet here consists mainly of sedge grasses, mussels and barnacles that abound in the cove.
Later in the season, during the autumn, you can enjoy the incredible spectacle of the bears feeding on salmon as they return to the Glendale River for spawning. A specially constructed platform allows for the best possible viewing of this event, one of nature’s truly great wildlife sights.
Knight Inlet Lodge is 18-room floating property anchored 60 kilometres from the mouth of the inlet in sheltered Glendale Cove. The Lodge will be your base for some memorable encounters with the grizzly bears.
During your stay at Knight Inlet Lodge there may also be time available for kayaking, guided hiking, scenic boat trips and the chance to spot bald eagles and other bird life. Whilst a 1-night stay will be rewarding, we strongly recommend 2 or 3 nights at the lodge in order to immerse yourself into this great wilderness and maximise your wildlife-spotting opportunities.
This package is available as 2, 3 or 4-night options including an overnight stay in Campbell River (Vancouver Island) on Day 1. We can also arrange air transfers from Vancouver. Contact us to find out how this can fit into your holidays plans.
Contact our Canada experts now
We offer a variety of alternative bear-viewing options in British Columbia - you may wish to consider Great Bear Lodge , Spirit Bear Lodge or Farewell Harbour Lodge for further superb wildlife spotting opportunities!
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Campbell River
- Make your way to Campbell River on Vancouver Island’s east coast for an overnight stay. The township of Campbell River lies on the shore of Discovery Passage and boasts views out past Quadra Island towards the rugged Coast Mountain range of mainland British Columbia. Overnight at Comfort Inn & Suites.
- Day 2: Campbell River – Knight Inlet
- Transfer to the Campbell River Float Plane dock for your scenic flight over to Knight Inlet Lodge. On arrival at the lodge you will be given a welcome orientation session providing details of the wildlife viewing that lies ahead. Later you will join an excursion to see the grizzly bears – this may be by boat or to specially designed viewing platforms, depending on the season and the location of the bears. There may also be time to explore the estuary by boat or kayak. Overnight at Knight Inlet Lodge.
- Day 3: Knight Inlet – Campbell River
- Return to Campbell River by floatplane.
We can also offer packages to include return flights from Vancouver to Campbell River. Longer packages are available including 2 or 3 nights at Knight Inlet Lodge, in addition to your first night in Campbell River. Additional bear viewing and other wildlife-focused excursions will be included for longer stays at Knight Inlet.
Prices & Dates
2018 Prices & Departures
||Twin (per person)
||Single (per person)
|21 May - 23 Aug 2018||£957||£1,384|
|24 Aug - 15 Oct 2018||£1,091||£1,581|
1 night accommodation in Campbell River • 1 night accommodation at Knight Inlet Lodge • Return transfer between Campbell River hotel and seaplane terminal • Return seaplane flight from Campbell River Float Plane dock to Knight Inlet Lodge (maximum luggage allowance 14kgs per person, plus a small carry on bag) • Welcome orientation for wildlife viewing • All meals and snacks while at the lodge • Complimentary house wine with dinner • All transportation to the bear viewing stands and boats • Bear viewing tour • Scenic boat ride or use of kayaks on organized estuary tours (time permitting) • Interpretive guide on all tours • Rain gear if required • BC Provincial Hotel Tax • Gratuities • Enviromental levy
International flights & airport taxes • Additional meals and beverages not listed under inclusions • Personal travel insurance (Discover the World offers a comprehensive policy - please contact our team for details) • Items of a personal nature
Please contact us for full details of longer packages and options departing from Vancouver.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.