Experience some of the most spectacular alpine scenery in the world on this compact self drive holiday through the Canadian Rockies. From Banff to Jasper via Lake Louise, discover magnificent lakes, rugged peaks and glittering glaciers as well as hiking wilderness trails and relaxing in a natural hot spring.
- Explore the Athabasca Glacier on the Ice Explorer (included)
- Feel your aches melt away in the Banff Upper Hot Springs (included)
- Paddle onto the crystal waters of 'the Jewel of the Rockies', Lake Louise
- View the mountain forests and lakes from the Banff Gondola (included)
Starting from Calgary, enjoy 2 night stays in each of the main centres of the beautiful Canadian Rockies, ensuring less time travelling and more time to explore. Included excursions along the way will provide a chance to relax – enjoy a soak in natural hot springs and a scenic gondola ride to the top of Sulphur Mountain. Also included is an unmissable ride on an Ice Explorer, which will take you right out onto the Athabasca Glacier.
From your comfortable accommodation in Banff, Jasper and Lake Louise you can enjoy a range of shopping and dining experiences, but the unarguable highlight of this adventure will be the majestic scenery of the Canadian Rockies. From vivid emerald lakes via sparkling glaciers to towering mountain peaks, this is a landscape to remember.
This short itinerary can be easily combined with a week in eastern Canada to make up a two-centre Canadian holiday, offering the ideal way to see contrasting sides of this diverse country.
Contact our Canada experts now
We had great weather, saw loads of wildlife, the landscape, especially in the national parks, was outstanding, and then to top it off the cowboys at the Calgary Stampede were just so exciting!Petra Neumayer, Tailor made honeymoon
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Calgary - Banff
- Collect your rental car and begin your Rockies adventure with the 2 hour drive to Banff. On arrival make your way to your hotel; the remainder of the day is at leisure.
- Day 2: Banff
- Enjoy a full day at leisure to explore Banff and the surrounding area. Enjoy a ride on the Banff Gondola (included) where you can take in a panoramic view of the Bow Valley, and then take a dip in the hot mineral pools at the Upper Hot Springs.
- Day 3: Banff - Jasper
- Make your way via Lake Louise and Moraine Lake on a scenic drive that takes you through the spine of the Canadian Rockies. Surrounded by mountains, glaciers and pristine emerald lakes, you may wish to stop at highlights such as the Sarbach Glacier, Peyto Lake, Bow Lake and Crowfoot Glacier before your arrival at the Columbia Icefield for an Ice Explorer ride out onto the glacier itself (included). End your day in Jasper.
- Day 4: Jasper
- A free day to enjoy the many attractions of Jasper – perhaps take a tram ride up Whistlers mountain, or visit Maligne Lake, one of the most photographed lakes in the world.
- Day 5: Jasper - Lake Louise
- Depart Jasper today and travel once more along the scenic Icefields Parkway to the “Jewel of the Rockies,” Lake Louise. The lake, named for Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, daughter of Queen Victoria, is 1,730 metres (5,680 feet) above sea level. You may wish to enjoy a hike on one of the numerous trails or paddle a canoe on the lake.
- Day 6: Lake Louise
- Today enjoy a recommended drive across the Great Divide into Yoho National Park. The word Yoho is an aboriginal term for awe and wonder, and it’s easy to see why the park was named as such. Visit the Takakkaw Falls (one of the highest in the world), Emerald Lake, Kicking Horse Pass, Spiral Tunnels and the Natural Rock Bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River, before returning to Lake Louise.
- Day 7: Lake Louise-Calgary
- Departing Lake Louise, you will travel through the foothills of the Rockies back to the city of Calgary to drop off your rental car and depart.
Fairmont Banff Springs
- Grade: Deluxe
- Type: Hotel
Few hotels in the world rival the majesty, hospitality a…
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge
- Grade: Standard
- Type: Hotel
Overlooking Lac Beauvert just outside the township of Ja…
The above is a selection of accommodation available for this holiday. Other options are available based on your preferred category. Please contact us for further details.
ExcursionsA number of excursions are included in this itinerary, some of which are listed in more detail below. Your Travel Specialist will be able to advise on additional or upgraded excursion options to suit your interests.
Prices & Dates
Price from £581 per person, based on Standard twin accommodation and intermediate vehicle rental
Departs daily from 01 May to 12 October 2018
6 nights room only accommodation (Standard, Superior or Deluxe) ● 7 days car hire (Intermediate or Full Size) ● Admission to either Banff Upper Hot Springs or Miette Hot Springs, Jasper ● Ice Explorer ride onto the Athabasca Glacier ● Sulphur Mountain Gondola Ride ● Exclusive travel documentation including itinerary details, vouchers, maps, driving directions and a Lonely Planet guidebook.
Flights ● Meals and additional excursions not specified above ● Personal travel insurance (Discover the World offers a comprehensive policy - please contact our team for details) ● Additional airline or airport taxes or security charges, that are payable locally ● Gratuities & items of a personal nature ● Road tolls ● Hotel car parking fees - approx CA$20 per day, payable locally, prices vary.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.