Nestled in a beautiful forested location Ranua Wildlife Park, just south of the Arctic Circle, is home to a whole host of native and other wildlife. Here you can observe wolves, lynx and moose and even help feed the polar bears! During this inclusive 4 night holiday enjoy authentic winter activities and have plenty of time to relax, sharing some precious experiences with family and friends.
Who for? Couples, friends and families looking for a winter holiday with activities as well as leisure time
- breakfast with the polar bears! (optional activity)
- a range of winter activities including snowmobiling, snow-shoeing and cross-country skiing (optional activity)
- day trip to Rovaniemi (optional activity)
- unlimited entry to the Wildlife Park (included)
- Direct flight from London Gatwick
This great value-for-money winter break, lets you spend quality time together and share wonderful experiences that you'll treasure; it's not every day you get the chance to have breakfast with polar bears!
Based in comfortable two bedroom villas just across the road from the Ranua Wildlife Park, you'll enjoy unlimited entry throughout your stay, giving you plenty of opportunities to get to know its 50 animal species. The villas, which can sleep up to 6, have a fully-equipped kitchen and lounge with log burner, and the addition of a private Finnish sauna will have you feeling like a local in no time!
Enjoy a day trip to nearby Rovaniemi (with lunch) where you can sample the Finnish design shops at the Arctic Circle, visit the Arctic museum and exhibition centre or, the favourite for kids of all ages, Santa Village!
Contact our Finland experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Rovaniemi
- Fly to Rovaniemi and transfer to Ranua, check into the Gulo Gulo Villas for a 4-night stay. Transfer time approximately 1 hour.
- Day 2: Husky Safari (20km)
- You will first receive detailed information on how to mush the team of huskies. Then, the comfortable sledges head from Gulo Gulo towards the winter wonderland. A sled can transport two adults and a child. You have the opportunity to drive your own team of huskies, and change drivers halfway. After the safari, you have a chance to ask our guides anything you have always wanted to know about sled dogs, who love to run fast and pull a sled, thus offering visitors an unforgettable experience to enjoy the ancient, natural way of travelling in the wild.
- Day 3: Snowmobile safari and night-time snowshoe safari.
- A day for a snowmobile safari (approximately 2 hours) - Learn the basics of snowmobiling before setting off through the forest on well-marked snowmobile trails. Your guide will lead the way over frozen lakes and snow clad forests. Children 4-14 years can either share the snowmobile with their parents or be in a sleigh pulled by a guide on snowmobile. All drivers must have a valid driving licence. After dinner your guide will lead you on a snowshoe walking adventure in the pitch-dark forest using a headlamp to navigate your way. Hot juice by a fire is served half way round. If we are lucky, you can see the flaming northern lights in the sky.
- Day 4: At leisure
- At leisure or time to take an optional excursion
- Day 5: depart Ranua
- After breakfast, check out and transfer to Rovaniemi for the flight home.
Please note: this is an outline only - the order of the itinerary is subject to change. Brown bears hibernate and may not be active until later in the season. Winter clothing is available for use by guests throughout their stay. Entrance to the Wildlife Park is also complimentary throughout.
The weather in Finland can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Finland will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Prices & Dates
Arctic Wildlife at Ranua
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar 2018-19|
|Child (4 - 14yrs) sharing with 2 adults||£957|
Prices include return direct flights between London Gatwick and Rovaniemi with Norwegian Air (Monday departures); accommodation in Gulo Gulo Villas; 20km husky safari, nightime snowshoe safari; 2hr snowmobile safari; winter clothing; half board with set menu; airport transfers and taxes.
The prices above are based on certain booking classes with Norwegian air from Gatwick to Rovaniemi with flights operating on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays only. Should these booking classes not be available a supplement will apply. There are also daily flights with Finnair operating between London Heathrow (Terminal 3) and Rovaniemi via Helsinki. These flights may carry a supplement.
- Due to the timings and availability with Finnair it may be necessary to overnight in Helsinki whilst in transit, especially at peak festive times. Please ask our sales team for the options available.
- Scheduled flights are based on the lowest available airfare and should this be unavailable a supplement will apply, which you will be notified of at the time of confirming your booking.
Direct flight from London Gatwick to Rovaniemi
Norwegian Air Flights operate from 01 December 2018 to 23 March 2019 on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays.
Departs Gatwick at 05.50, arrives Rovaniemi 11.10
Departs Rovaniemi at 11.50, arrives Gatwick 13.30
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.