The Korpikartano Wilderness Lodge has a superb location on the shores of Lake Menesjarvi, close to Lemmenjoki National Park, just the spot for a rejuvenating break. An excursion to the Ravadas Falls and a reindeer farm, a boat trip on Lake Inari and a visit to the Sami Siida Museum are all included, as well as a free use of rowing boats, canoes and kayaks. And in the summer months, the long hours of daylight give you plenty of time to enjoy these outdoor pursuits.
- Visit the Sami Siida Museum
- Riverboat trip to Ravadas Falls
- Boat trip on Lake Inari
- Explore Lemmenjoki National Park
There is something quite refreshing about taking a swim in a lake. Do this after enjoying a traditional Finnish sauna and you'll be revitalised for sure. This is just one of the pleasures that await you on this wonderful summer holiday, deep in the glorious Finnish wilderness. The nearby Lemmenjoki National Park has an abundance of rivers, forests, fells and mires, criss-crossed with extensive, marked hiking trails.
There is wildlife too - populations of brown bear, moose and golden eagles. The local village, Inari, embraces Sami history and you'll visit the Sami Siida Museum and other sites on this trip, closely linked to Lapland's indigenous people.
In June and July, enjoy the full effects of the midnight sun with no darkness at all, and in August, extended daylight hours, which means you can be out and about on this holiday sometimes very late into the evening - you'll be surprised how energising this can be!
Take a silent canoe trip on the lake in the early morning mists, go spotting wildlife by kayak or just enjoy messing about in a rowing boat - all available at Korpikartano for guests to use at their leisure.
Contact our Finland experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Ivalo
- On arrival at Ivalo, you will be transferred to Korpikartano Wilderness Lodge, on the shores of Lake Menesjarvi.
- Day 2: Enjoy activities
- Take a boat along the beautiful Lemmenjoki River - the outboard motor is all that disturbs the sounds of nature until you come to the Ravadas Falls. Enjoy a walk here and coffee around a campfire while you listen to stories from your Sami host about the local life, Sami culture and reindeer husbandry. Then visit a reindeer farm and felt maker's studio.
- Day 3: At leisure
- At leisure to enjoy your scenic surrounds.
- Day 4: Enjoy activities
- For centuries the nearby village of Inari has been an important meeting place for Sami families. Today the village embraces the Sami history with four preserved Sami languages and the Sami Siida Museum. A visit here gives a fascinating insight into the Sami history and way of life. Find out how nature and the local people have adapted to the extreme conditions of living in this northern environment. In the afternoon enjoy a boat trip on Lake Inari with its 3,000 islands and visit the ancient Sami sacrificial site of Ukko.
- Day 5: At leisure
- To relax or enjoy more outdoor pursuits.
- Day 6: depart Korpikartano Wilderness Lodge
- Transfer to Ivalo for your flight home.
This itinerary is for guideline purposes only - included excursion days may vary.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Jun to Aug 2018|
Twin price is based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room. Child/teen price - when sharing with 2 adults.
Price includes return flights from London Heathrow to Ivalo (via Helsinki) with Finnair, airport charges and taxes; return transfers from/to the airport; 5 nights accommodation at Korpikartano Wilderness Lodge based on half board; lunch on day 4; 2 excursions – Ravadas Falls and Reindeer Farm and a visit to Inari village, the Siida museum and cruise on Lake Inari.
Price excludes personal expenses and any optional excursions booked.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.