Celebrate New Year within a magical setting, on our inclusive package at Muotka Lodge. Head deep into the peaceful wilderness of Finland's eastern Saariselka fells and Urho Kekkonen National Park and celebrate amongst picturesque surroundings. This fully-inclusive escape includes a host of day activities such as snowmobiling to a reindeer farm, with sledging, husky sledding and snowshoeing. By night, warm up by the fireplace or head out in search of the aurora in the glistening sky above.
- Direct flight to Finnish Lapland
- See in the New Year with fireworks
- Look for the northern lights from your wilderness location
- Go snowmobiling, snowshoeing and drive a team of huskies (included)
- Relax by the log fire or in a traditional Finnish sauna after a day in the snow
Set within the vast fell area of Saariselka, 300km north of the Arctic Circle, Muotka Wilderness Lodge is just a 45-minute transfer from Ivalo airport. Purpose built, the location of the lodge was carefully chosen for the beauty of the surrounding taiga forest, as well as the proximity to the river and the winter ski trails.
Well away from artificial light, Muotka is ideally located for viewing the northern lights and offers a genuine winter experience. With a whole host of activities included, you can enjoy the thrill of snowmobiling, meet the local reindeer herders and try reindeer sledging, or mush a team of huskies through the snowy forest. You can also try your hand at snow shoeing or cross country skiing and join a hunt for the northern lights. More about the aurora »
Nights are spent in the cosy accommodation and main lodge, where a crackling fire and Finnish sauna allow visitors the chance to relax. The more adventurous may even choose to take a winter plunge in the nearby river!
Muotka Lodge has a good choice of accommodation options available. With twin or double bedded hotel rooms, superior rooms with sauna, log cabins and the Aurora Cabins complete with north facing window and private sauna, it has a great selection for couples, families or friends alike.
Contact our Finland experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- All Inclusive Itineraries
- All of our all-inclusive packages include return transfers from/to Ivalo airport; full board starting with dinner on the first day to breakfast on the departure day; accommodation in your chosen room type, winter activities as detailed below and winter clothing for the duration of your stay.
- Winter Activities Included
The following activities are included in the 4 night package.
Snowmobile Safari to a Reindeer Farm (approx. 4-5 hours)
Snowmobile to a reindeer farm where you will meet the local Sami and learn about reindeer husbandry. Learn how to lasso a reindeer before a short sleigh ride. Snowmobiling distance around 30 km.
Aurora Camp (approx. 2.5 hours)
After the dinner head out up to the fells in search of the northern lights by a snowmobile pulled sledge.
Husky Safari (approx. 4 hours)
Visit a husky farm where you will meet huskies before a 2.5 hour husky sledging journey. You will be given full instruction on how to handle the sledge before heading onto the trail with 2 people sharing and taking turns driving. Lunch by an open fire will be served on the trail.
Snowshoeing trip (approx 3-4 hours)
Enjoy a snowshoe walk in the beautiful surroundings of Muotka. Picnic snacks and warm drinks will be provided during the trip. Once you have mastered the skill of snow shoeing, you will have the use of the equipment for the rest of your stay to enjoy at your leisure.
Skiing tour to Taiga forest (approx 2-3 hours)
Start with a cross country skiing tuition before venturing out on a ski tour through the taiga forest. Picnic snacks and warm drinks will be provided during the trip. Once again, you will have use of the equipment for the rest of your stay.
- All activities begin with a safety briefing and instruction from the experienced guides. Thermal overall, mittens, balaclava, woollen socks and winter boots are provided as well as a helmet for the snowmobile safaris. Children 4-14 years will be in a sleigh pulled by guide with snowmobile or on the guide’s sledge whilst husky sledging.
- The order of the included activities will be confirmed locally and each activity will be included once during your stay.
- Snowmobiles are covered for third party insurance only and should you have an accident and there is damage to the snowmobile, you will be charged an excess - currently €800 (Euro). All drivers must have a valid driving licence and may be required show it before the excursion.
- The weather in Finland can cause serious delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Finland will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Prices & Dates
4 night itinerary - 30th December 2018
|Per person price from||Adult (twin share)||Child (4-14 years)|
|Superior room with sauna||£2,070||£1,630|
All prices are subject to availability. Child prices are valid when sharing with two adults - please note, children are often accommodated on a sofabed.
Prices include: direct flights between London and Ivalo with Finnair; airport taxes and charges; accommodation (see above) with private facilities for 4 nights on full board basis; activities as detailed in the itinerary section; winter clothing and airport transfers.
- On New Year’s Eve enjoy a special meal before venturing outside to toast the New Year with sparkling wine, bonfire and fireworks.
30 Dec Gatwick to Ivalo departs 08.25, arriving 13.55
03 Jan Ivalo to Gatwick departs 07.00, arriving 08.40
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.