This 3-night independent short break to Rovaniemi combines a city style atmosphere with a winter wonderland experience. The city offers many possibilities with fascinating cultural attractions as well as a good selection of restaurants and cafes to choose from. Or perhaps travel out of town and meet Santa at Santa's Village or Santa's Park, both easily accessible from the city centre.
- Experience the magic of Rovaniemi
- Embark on a number of winter activities
- Combine city culture with wildlife
Surrounded by nature, Rovaniemi offers a great choice of activities, including a wide range of snowmobile safaris with a trip to the Santa Claus Village – a firm favourite! Other trips include husky safaris, reindeer safaris, cross-country skiing, Ranua Wildlife Park visit and the Aurora Adventure.
Take time to explore the city's key attractions such as Arktikum - a museum and science centre telling the story of the north and facts about Arctic life, Korundi House of Culture - a modern art museum and Pilke Science Centre – an interactive museum about Finnish nature
There are two central hotels, the Arctic Light Hotel and City hotel, both offering a high standard of accommodation. It is not often that a hotel is the reason for travelling, but in this case Arctic Light Hotel is definitely worth checking out. Opened in April 2015 it offers a stylish modern feel with quality furnishings throughout and spacious rooms in its three categories. Its sister hotel, City Hotel, is a design boutique hotel with stylish rooms but on a smaller scale. However, it does house the Monte Rosa restaurant with a cosy and intimate atmosphere and great food.
Alternatively, travel out of town to Bears Lodge located on Lake Pohtiolampi, the setting for a peaceful and relaxing stay in the wilderness with accommodation in hotel rooms or semi-detached cabins. From here there is also a good selection of winter activities with departures directly from the hotel.
Contact our Finland experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: UK - Rovaniemi
- Fly from London Heathrow to Rovaniemi via Helsinki with Finnair. On arrival take the airport bus service to the city centre hotels (payable locally) or the arranged transfer to Bear's Lodge.There may be time to take an optional evening excursion in search of the northern lights.
- Day 2: At leisure
- The next few days are yours to enjoy at your leisure. Why not head out into the town to explore and visit the wonderful Arktikum museum or take part in a variety of activities such as a husky or reindeer safari, cross country skiing or a visit to Santa's Village – a popular choice.
- Day 3: At leisure
- Choose to do as much or as little as you like today, on your final day in Rovaniemi. You could visit the Ranua Wildlife Park or Santa's Park, or simply sit back and enjoy your surrounds.
- Day 4: Depart Rovaniemi
- Head back to the airport for your onward journey back to the UK.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar (2017-18)|
Twin price is based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room. Child price on request.
Price includes return flights from London Heathrow to Rovaniemi (via Helsinki) with Finnair; airport charges and taxes and 3 nights accommodation at City Hotel based on bed and breakfast.
Price excludes Transfers to and from airport, meals unless otherwise stated, personal expenses and any optional excursions.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.