West Finland holidays
Experience summer the traditional Finnish way in West Finland – escape to the countryside and stay in a holiday villa, or get a taste of island life while exploring the Ǻland islands archipelago.
Finns love the great outdoors and take every opportunity to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. Our lakeside holiday villas make an idyllic setting for you to do the same on a relaxing break with family and friends. Swim in the lakes, go fishing for your supper, paddle kayaks and canoes, hike through the forests and enjoy that most quintessentially Finnish feature: the sauna.
Peeking up out of the Baltic Sea half way between Finland and Sweden, the Ǻland islands (pronounced ‘or-land’) are a little-known Scandinavian gem. Almost 6,500 islands make up this Swedish-speaking archipelago whose beauty has attracted artists and craftsmen – as well as workshops and galleries, there’s even a specialist micro-brewery. Its rocky inlets, lush green islands and white sands and rolling dunes are perfectly explored by bike or on foot; pack up a picnic and relax into the summer, the Scandinavian way.
35 Years of Experience
- Experienced destination experts
- Dedicated travel specialist throughout
- Flexible and hassle free
- Tailor made holidays to suit you
- First-hand experience in every destination
- Inspirational and authentic itineraries
- Local award winning guides
- Honest, trustworthy, established experts
- 24-hr support whilst on holiday
- Full financial protection
- No hidden surcharges
- Holiday price promise