This fantastic winter holiday combines 'fire and ice' bringing together the stylish cool of Sweden's Icehotel with the volcanic natural wonders of Iceland.
Over the course of 7 nights, you'll sleep on ice, explore the pristine wilderness of Swedish Lapland, marvel at erupting geysers, bathe in Blue Lagoon and experience the culture of two distinct capitals - Stockholm and Reykjavik. And with plenty of chances to witness the northern lights, this itinerary offers diverse and unforgettable experiences.
In spite what its name may suggest, Iceland does not have an ice hotel of its own, so we designed this holiday to offer the best of both worlds. Of course, you can also opt for a 3-night break at the Icehotel in Swedish Lapland or short escape to Iceland.
- Spend a night in an ice room at the Icehotel
- Explore the pristine surrounds of Swedish Lapland on a choice of activities
- Enjoy time at leisure in Iceland exploring Reykjavik, the Blue Lagoon and the Golden Circle
- Great chances for seeing the northern lights
- Experience Scandinavia culture and cuisine in vibrant Stockholm
Spend time at the iconic Icehotel amidst the snow covered winter wonderland of Swedish Lapland as well as marvel at the volcanic curiosities and intriguing landscapes of Iceland's south west. You'll also be able to contrast the style and history of Stockholm with the quirky charm and artistic flair of Reykjavik on a truly memorable winter holiday.
With a huge choice of optional activities available throughout, this flexible itinerary allows you to make your time away as active or relaxed as you wish. And if conditions permit, see might see the northern lights in both countries!
If you'd prefer a single-centre escape, our classic 3-night Icehotel Break is a popular choice, while in Iceland during winter our small group escorted holiday Northern Lights Special showcases the best of south west.
Iceland is a truly beautiful country, so clean and fresh with such wide open spaces and friendly people.Helen McAteer, Self drive
We had a fantastic holiday at the Icehotel, one that will stay in our memories for life, it was not so much a holiday but more a life experience never to be forgotten.Louise Gallagher, Icehotel
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive in Iceland
- On arrival at Keflavik Airport transfer to Hotel Reykjavik Centrum and check in for a 3-night stay.
- Days 2-3: at leisure in Reykjavik
- Reykjavik is blessed with numerous natural wonders all within easy reach of the city centre. Spend your time enjoying city culture, join one of the many excursions available to explore the surrounding countryside or perhaps hire a car and explore at your own pace.
- Day 4: Reykjavik - Stockholm, Sweden
- Transfer to Keflavik for the early morning flight to Stockholm. Rest of the day at leisure then overnight at Hotel C Stockholm (airport transfers in Stockholm are not included). From here you can go sightseeing, shopping, visit the city’s museums and galleries, or sample some of the bars, restaurants and cafes that make this such a lively city.
- Day 5: Stockholm - Icehotel
- Make your way to Arlanda Airport for the flight to Kiruna. Transfer to the Icehotel and check in for a 3-night stay (one of which will be in a Snow Room). Take a guided tour and get kitted out in suitable outdoor clothing for the duration of your stay.
- Days 6-7: at leisure at the Icehotel
- There’s plenty of thrilling winter activities on offer to help you make the most of your surrounds – from snowmobiling and husky sledding, to northern lights adventures and ice sculpting, there’s something for everyone.
- Day 8: depart Sweden
- Transfer to Kiruna for your flight home.
- The itinerary above can also operate in reverse, starting at the Icehotel first. Whichever itinerary you choose, you'll take advantage of our exclusive direct flight between London and Kiruna (Icehotel), cutting down on travelling time. Between Stockholm, Reykjavik and London the flights will be on scheduled services.
- The weather can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in country will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
- If you wish to extend your stay in Iceland, Kiruna or Stockholm please mention this to our Travel Specialists who can adapt the itinerary to suit.
Accommodation OptionsReykjavik, Iceland
For 3 nights you'll be based in Reykjavik in Hotel Centrum with the freedom to choose how to fill your days.
Stay at the centrally located Hotel C Stockholm on your overnight in Sweden's capital city.
Spend three nights here, one 'sleeping on ice' and two nights in a warm room.
Experience the everyday life of a reindeer herding family a…
An entertaining coach tour which introduces visitors to the…
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar (2018-19)|
Twin price is based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room.
Child prices on request. All parties of 3 or more will require a Arctic or Nordic Chalet in Icehotel.
Prices include return flights between the UK and Keflavik, Keflavik and Stockholm, Stockholm and Kiruna, Kiruna and the UK, either via Stockholm or on our direct charter; 7-nights' accommodation on a breakfast basis: 3 nights at Hotel Reykjavik Centrum in Reykjavik, 1 night at Grand Central by Scandic in Stockholm and 3 nights at the Icehotel (2 nights in a Kaamos room and 1 night in a Art Suite); airport transfers in Iceland and Kiruna (airport transfers in Stockholm are not included); airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
Why not upgrade your accommodation at the Icehotel in a Cold room. Upgrade to a Art Suite from £79 per person per night and to a Deluxe Suite from £233 per person per night.
Scheduled flights are based on the lowest available airfare and should this be unavailable, a supplement will apply, which will be advised at the time of booking.
Direct Flight - Departure Dates
London Heathrow to Kiruna
15, 23, 26 & 29 December 2018
19 & 26 January 2019
09, 16, 19 & 23 February 2019
02 March 2019
Heathrow to Kiruna SK7896 Dep: 10.35 | Arr: 15.00
Kiruna to London Heathrow
18, 26 & 29 December 2018
02, 22 & 29 January 2019
12, 19, 23 & 26 February 2019
05 March 2019
Kiruna to Heathrow SK7895 Dep: 14.25 | Arr: 17.00
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.