This fantastic short break is great for people who want to experience the best of both worlds. Combine the vibrant city of Stockholm with a taste of the wilderness at the incredible Icehotel. Add a range of optional activities and you will see why this is such a popular trip.
- get your bearings in Stockholm on a boat trip
- take a stroll through Gamla Stan, the cobbled Old Town
- don't miss the Royal Palace and Vasa Museum
- eat out at one of the stylish restaurants
- take in a theatre show or experience the nightlife
- sleep in one of the Icehotel's ice rooms, or upgrade to an incredible Art Suite
- choose from a wealth of winter excursions
Stretched across an archipelago of 14 islands connected by a network of waterways and bridges, Stockholm is a delightful mix of traditional and contemporary and the city centre can easily be explored on foot. For your night in Stockholm you have a choice of accommodation. However, to appreciate this lovely city we recommend extending your stay here.
During the festive season, the addition of thousands of tiny streetlights, enticing shop windows and excellent Christmas markets, make this trip an even more attractive prospect.
From Stockholm take a domestic flight to Kiruna in the far north of Swedish Lapland. On arrival, transfer to nearby Jukkasjarvi and the world-famous Icehotel. The itinerary includes a night 'sleeping on ice' in an ice room, or you could upgrade to an incredible Art Suite. If you prefer you may spend your whole time here in heated accommodation, subject to availability (just ask at the time of booking).
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Arrive Stockholm
- Fly to Stockholm. Take the convenient Arlanda Express train from the airport direct to the city centre (payable locally) and either walk or take a taxi to your chosen hotel. Spend the rest of the day at your leisure, enjoying the many attractions Stockholm has to offer.
- Day 2: Stockholm - Kiruna
- After breakfast, you have plenty of time to explore more of this amazing city, then back to the airport (payable locally) for an evening flight to Kiruna. Transfer to Icehotel (included) and check in for a two night stay, one night spent in an ice room and one night in a warm room.
- Day 3: At leisure at the Icehotel
- Free to enjoy the many optional excursions at the Icehotel. We strongly recommend to book in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Day 4: depart Kiruna
- There's still time to sample another activity before being transferred (included) to the airport for an afternoon flight to Stockholm and onwards flight home.
- The weather in Sweden can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Sweden will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Experience the everyday life of a reindeer herding family a…
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar|
Twin price is based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room. Child prices on request. All parties of 3 or more will require a Arctic or Nordic Chalet in Icehotel.
Prices include return flights from London Heathrow with SAS to Stockholm, domestic flight between Stockholm and Kiruna and return flight to London Heathrow via Stockholm (based on a Sunday departure); 3-nights' accommodation on a breakfast basis: 1 night at Stockholm C Hotel in Stockholm and 2 nights at the Icehotel (1 night in a Kaamos room and 1 night in a Ice Room); airport transfers in Kiruna (airport transfers in Stockholm are not included); airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
Scheduled flights are based on the lowest available airfare and should this be unavailable, a supplement will apply, which will be advised at the time of booking.
Optional Accommodation Upgrades
You may wish to add extra nights either in Stockholm or at the Icehotel or perhaps choose an alternative hotel in Stockholm. At the Icehotel you can upgrade from an ice room to an amazing Art Suite from £53 per person per night or a Deluxe Suite from £195 per person per night (price based on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday night in low season). Please contact us for the different options available and we'll be happy to provide a quote.
All holidays and prices are subject to availability
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.