Price Promise: on like-for-like holidays, we guarantee we won't be beaten on price!
This short break is based in the quiet countryside near the world-famous Blue Lagoon. Surrounded by black lava fields the distinctive milky blue waters of this naturally heated spa have many therapeutic benefits. With a wide range of tempting spa treatments on offer, this getaway gives you a chance to sample rest and relaxation, Icelandic style as well as the chance to see the northern lights for those travelling during the winter months.
- Relax at the world-famous Blue Lagoon with its therapeutic waters and wide range of spa treatments
- Stay at the delightful Northern Light Inn right next door
- Enjoy easy access to Iceland's natural wonders including the Golden Circle
- Observation lounge for uninterrupted views of the aurora (Sep-Apr)
- Accommodation in rooms with private facilities
The Blue Lagoon is a large expanse of naturally heated saltwater blended with freshwater. Its inviting powder-blue waters are strikingly set amidst a jet black lavascape. Only a 20-minute drive from the international airport at Keflavik and around 30 minutes from Reykjavik, it is Iceland’s premier attraction for visitors and locals alike.
The water that fills the Blue Lagoon is drawn from a depth of around 2000m and is rich in unique natural minerals such as silica mud and blue green algae, especially beneficial for those with skin complaints. Dotted around the waters edge you'll find silica mud pots - cover your face and body with this white mud to reinvigorate tired skin! The flow and mix of the water is controlled, keeping temperatures at 37-39°C (98-102°F), ensuring bathers keep warm, even when outside temperatures drop.
This break is designed with time at leisure to spend your days as you wish. You could spend all your time at the lagoon but we would highly recommend venturing further afield on an optional excursion. Based closed to Iceland’s famous Golden Circle, we can organise day excursions for you to visit the iconic trio of Gulfoss, Geysir and Thingvellir. Alternatively, a return bus service is also available from the Blue Lagoon to downtown Reykjavik, if you fancy some café culture and retail therapy.
Visiting the Blue Lagoon
The stylish Lava Restaurant, which has been ingeniously built into the lava, offers an à la carte menu for sophisticated evening dining. A glass staircase leads up to the Bar and Lounge area on the second floor and on the roof there is a viewing platform which overlooks the lagoon. The lagoon also has a swim up bar where you can purchase both soft and alcoholic drinks, which are paid for using an electronic wrist band.
With a range of optional spa and massage treatments available both in the water and in special treatment rooms, you’ll leave the lagoon feeling relaxed and revitalized. There is also a Blue Lagoon spa shop which sells a range of excellent skin care products, incorporating the natural minerals found in the lagoon.
With so many of Iceland's natural wonders on the doorstep, you'll have plenty of options for filling your days with adventure and come winter, you can opt to spend your evenings in the hotel’s observation lounge, looking out for the northern lights.
Please note that due to the Blue Lagoon’s popularity and in order to avoid delays upon arrival we strongly recommend customers to pre-book their entrance tickets in advance with an allocated entry time. Please contact our team to find out more.
Call our Iceland experts now
A big thank you for all your help in organising our wonderful break to Iceland... a wonderful place and wonderful people and I hope one day to go back.Tracy Street & Lindsey Yendle, Blue Lagoon Spa Break
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Keflavik - Blue Lagoon
- Fly t Keflavik and transfer to the Northern Light Inn for 3 nights.
- Day 2: Blue Lagoon
- Stroll along to the Blue Lagoon for your first chance to experience the warm, milky-blue waters as well as the spa's other facilities. There is a lovely café, the unique Lava Restaurant, as well as a sauna, a relaxation area and various spa and massage treatments available (at an additional cost, pre-booking is strongly recommended).
- Day 3: at leisure
- Opt to return to the Blue Lagoon for more relaxation time or if you're feeling rejuvenated already then its time to explore the surrounding countryside from the volcanic Reykjanes Peninsula with its lighthouses, bubbling mudpools and sweeping lava fields or venture east along the famous Golden Circle route renowned for its waterfalls, geysers and Thingvellir National Park.
- Day 4: Blue Lagoon - Keflavik
- Transfer to Keflavik airport for the flight back to your destination
- Excursions are available by coach and superjeep into the countryside and around the Golden Circle (at additional cost - prebookable and prepayable). Prebook car hire at a supplement or there is a return bus service into downtown Reykjavik (payable locally).
- Weather in Iceland can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Iceland will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Accommodation OptionsThis itinerary is based on the hotels shown below in rooms with private facilities. We offer a wide range of accommodation from farms to self catering cottages, budget hotels to luxury properties, ask our Iceland experts for recommendations.
Prices & Dates
Airfares start from around £100 per person and are quoted separately to the holiday price.
When enquiring, our Travel Specialists will provide the best fare possible from your preferred airline / airport.
These are starting prices in £ per person based on rooms with private facilities, unless otherwise stated.
|Oct 2017 - May 2018||Price (pp)|
|Jun-Sep 2018||Price (pp)|
Prices include one way airport transfer from Keflavik International Airport; 3 nights accommodation in rooms with private facilities on a breakfast basis; first entrance to Blue Lagoon as per itinerary, Northern Lights Bradt Guide (Included for departures 1 Sep-15 Apr)
Prices exclude flights, optional excursions; Blue Lagoon massage and therapy treatments.
Daily, year round (excluding 14-26 Dec)
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.