One of the most popular walking trails in Iceland, the Laugavegur route stretches from the famous Landmannalaugar thermal pools, across the rugged highlands of Iceland and into the verdant green valley of Thorsmork. On this small guided group trek there are hot springs, rugged glaciers, colourful rhyolite mountains, immense waterfalls, volcanic ash deserts, deep canyons and panoramic views.
- exploring truly remote areas only accessible on foot
- Landmannalaugar's steaming hot springs
- spectacular central Icelandic highlands
- lush Thorsmork valley and 'Thor's Wood' which was deeply affected by the Eyjafjallajokull eruption in May 2010 - witness the power of the planet first hand
On this 5-day trek, with the support of a transfer for food and equipment, enjoy the company of between 4-14 fellow hikers in total, staying in tents en route. Group participation is required in putting up the tents, cooking and general 'housekeeping' duties whilst on the trek - a fun and rewarding experience all round!
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Summary itinerary
Days 2 to 6 will be operated in reverse for those arriving in Iceland on a Thursday
Day 1: fly from the UK to Keflavik and transfer by bus to your hotel in Reykjavik for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Reykjavik to Landmannalaugar
Day 3: Landmannalaugar - Alftavatn (24 km)
Day 4: Alftavatn - Emstrur, Botnar (16 km)
Day 5: Emstrur, Botnar - Thorsmork (15 km)
Day 6: Thorsmork - Reykjavik
Day 7: transfer by bus from your hotel in Reykjavik to Keflavik International Airport in time for your flight back to the UK.
Total trekking distance: 55 km ♦ Values shown are combined ascent/descent
Prices & Dates
Prices are in £ per person
from £1361 per person
10, 17, 24, 31 July
7, 14, 21 August
Prices include flight credit of £250* from 1 May - 30 September; airport transfers between Keflavik Airport and your Reykjavik hotel, accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis in Reykjavik for 1 night before and after the trek, full board basis for 5 days/4 nights (except breakfast on day one and dinner on the last day of the trek); bus transportation as per itinerary, jeep transfer for food and equipment between campsites, tents, mattress & cooking gear.
Prices exclude rental of sleeping bags (can be rented/prepaid in advance - please contact us).
* Flight credit is based on a typical airfare with checked in luggage and is for budgeting purposes only. The actual cost of the flight with taxes will be advised to you when enquiring about the holiday. We will always state the lowest fare available for your route and travel dates which may mean that the price of this element may be more or less than the credit. Booking early usually means the lowest price.
Important note this tour operates on minimum numbers. Please see our booking conditions for more details. The tours will run with a minimum 6 persons / maximum 14 persons. All Thursday departures will be operated with the itinerary on days 2-6 flowing in reverse order.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.