Spending two nights at idyllic Hotel Ranga deep in the spectacular countryside of Southwest Iceland, this escorted short break provides excellent opportunities for seeing the aurora borealis. An expert-guided tour of the Golden Circle’s natural wonders is included, along with a visit to Reykjavik’s old town and the legendary Blue Lagoon.
- Stay in one of Iceland’s finest countryside properties for your first two nights
- Optional aurora wake-up call should the northern lights appear
- Night sky viewing from Hotel Ranga’s state-of-the-art observatory
- Experience Hotel Ranga’s superb dining
- Explore the natural wonders of the Golden Circle
- Visit Reykjavik’s old town and the Blue Lagoon
Northern lights watching at Hotel Ranga
Around an hour's drive from Reykjavik, the friendly, ranch-style Hotel Ranga is in prime aurora country: clear horizons, big skies and no artificial light pollution. An aurora wake-up service ensures you never miss a sighting, while the hotel’s superb observatory has computerised telescopes for incredible night sky viewing. You can also gaze at the cosmos from outdoor hot tubs – or keep an eye on the northern lights through the picture windows of the restaurant while enjoying gourmet meals prepared using fresh local produce.
The Golden Circle
On this exciting short break, you’ll spend a full day exploring the famous Golden Circle with its iconic trio of natural wonders: the twin-tiered waterfall of Gullfoss thundering into an ice-encrusted gorge, Geysir’s seething mud pits and Strokkur fountain geyser and Thingvellir’s fascinating history and plate tectonics.
Reykjavik and the Blue Lagoon
On your third day, a visit to Reykjavik takes in the old town, with its cafés, greens and brightly painted wooden houses. A relaxing dip in the therapeutic, naturally heated waters of the Blue Lagoon is also included, followed by a night at the Northern Light Inn.
Group sizes are usually around 15-25 people (maximum 29).
Contact our Iceland experts now
I don't normally do this, but felt I wanted to say thank you for the excellent service both here and while we were travelling in Iceland. The hotels, our driver and our guide were full of knowledge and couldn't have been more helpful...What a fantastic place Iceland is!Kathy White, Northern Lights Special
If you hadn't been so helpful we wouldn't have visited Iceland this year and I'm so delighted we did.Nikki Ilton, Northern Lights Special
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Iceland
- Arrive in Keflavik in the late afternoon. The group will then be transferred with their guide to Hotel Ranga for a two night stay on a half board basis (dinner will be a 3 course set menu). Please note that arrangements are usually made for participants to dine as a group.
- Day 2: Golden Circle
- Spend the day exploring the famed Golden Circle route including Thingvellir National Park, where you can walk the rift in between the Eurasian and North American tectonic plates, the spectacular two-tiered waterfall Gullfoss and the spouting geysers of Geysir.
- Day 3: Reykjavik - Blue Lagoon
Head into Reykjavik and visit the old town and Perlan - a distinctive hilltop building with a viewing platform and revolving restaurant under a glass dome. Continue to the world famous Blue Lagoon for a dip in the warm waters then transfer to the Northern Light Inn for an overnight stay.
The guide will leave the group upon arrival at the hotel. The dining options for this evening vary but your guide and the reception staff will be able to make a recommendation should you wish. All dining options for this evening are payable locally.
- Day 4: depart Iceland
- Transfer to Keflavik for the flight back to the UK. If your flight is in the afternoon you may want to book an optional excursion to the volcanic Reykjanes Peninsula (subject to minimum numbers).
- This itinerary is based around flights which arrive at Keflavik at 16:00. Other flight options are available from the UK but may involve a short wait upon arrival in Iceland or require extra nights to be added in Iceland before and/or after the tour. Please contact our team of travel specialists to discuss the options available to you.
- The weather in Iceland can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Iceland will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Accommodation OptionsThis itinerary is based on the hotels shown below in rooms with private facilities. We offer a wide range of accommodation from farms to self catering cottages, budget hotels to luxury properties, ask our Iceland experts for recommendations.
Prices & Dates
Departure Dates Winter 2017-2018
- All departure dates are based on flights arriving at Keflavik airport around 16.00.
- All departures are a 3 night duration
- These are starting prices in £ per person based on two sharing a rooms with private facilities, unless otherwise stated.
- Single Supplement is £207
Flights are quoted separately to the holiday price. When enquiring, our experts are able to provide the best fare possible from your preferred airline / airport.
|Departure Dates||Price||Availability||Guaranteed Departure|
|25 Jan 2018||£850||FULLY BOOKED||Yes|
|15 Feb 2018||£850||FULLY BOOKED||Yes|
|22 Feb 2018||£850||Highly Limited||Yes|
|08 March 2018||£850||Limited||Yes|
Prices include Airport transfers; 2 nights accommodation in rooms with private facilities on half board basis in a standard room at Hotel Ranga, (dinner is a 3-course set menu and arrangements are usually made for participants to dine as a group) and 1 night accommodation at Northern Light Inn on a breakfast basis; entrance to Blue Lagoon as per itinerary; services of a driver/guide, excursions as detailed in the itineraries.
Prices exclude Flights, any optional excursions; all drinks with evening meals.
Important note this tour operates on minimum numbers. Please refer to our booking conditions for more details.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.