If you can picture the perfect setting for your Christmas break, then this comes very close. Brandon Lodge is situated in the Lulea Archipelago overlooking the frozen sea of Bothnia Bay and tucked away on the shores edge among pine trees with nature all around. The lodge and surrounding cabins offer a warm glow and a welcome haven from the winter landscape with a wealth of charming experiences for an unforgettable festive break.
- Enchanting lodge and cabin accommodation
- Vast frozen landscape and wilderness location
- Excellent choice of activities included
- Perfect place to experience the Northern Lights
With an archipelago of over 1,300 islands, vast woodland and river valleys, Lulea and the surrounding area in Swedish Lapland is a land of complete contrast, and situated just below the Arctic Circle is a great location for those in search on the phenomenal northern lights.
Brandon Lodge is just a 25 minute drive from the town of Lulea with a delightful setting looking out across the vast frozen sea. The main log cabin houses the restaurant, lounge, bar and relaxation area, and sits proudly between 15 detached cabins all facing the sea, each with two twin bedrooms, lounge area, bathroom and small kitchenette. The small complex brings a sense of intimacy and remoteness, combined with a friendly atmosphere and personal service
The inclusive 4 night festive holiday includes authentic winter activities, meals on half board basis including festive celebrations and transfers to and from the Lodge. There is also some free time to enjoy the snowy surrounds, use the kick sledges, feed the reindeer which are in the grounds, use the sauna (additional cost) or perhaps join one of the other optional activities available.
Please note, it is possible to pre-book lunches or to purchase locally as some excursions may include this.
2017 now SOLD OUT! Please register your interest for 2018.
Husky Safari – transfer to the husky kennels nearby where you meet the eager huskies and receive instructions on how to drive your own dogsled team. Then take to the trails riding in pairs with a change of drivers during the trip, heading across frozen lakes and through forests for an unforgettable winter experience. The total duration of the trip is 2 hours and is sure to leave you with fantastic memories.
Snowmobile Forest Tour – the favourite winter past time of the locals, is a snowmobile drive through the snow covered forests. The tour will take you to some beautiful places with great views and takes in the silence of the forest. Along the way you stop to keep warm with a hot drink and an opportunity to swap drivers. Drivers must hold a valid drivers licence. Duration 2 hours.
Northern Light Sled Tour – sit on reindeer skins and travel by sled pulled by the guides snowmobile across the frozen sea in search for the Northern Lights. The journey itself is a fun experience as you travel between islands and head to a remote spot for hot drinks and keeping watch for the aurora. Duration 2 hours.
Optional Excursions – it is advisable to book other activities prior to departure to ensure availability – visit our website to see the extensive list.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Flight from London to Lulea
- Fly from London Heathrow departing at 10.35 to Lulea via Stockholm. On arrival at 16.20 you are met and transferred (approximately 25 minutes) to Brandon Lodge in the Lulea archipelago where you stay in cabins for 4 nights on half-board basis (breakfast and 2-course dinner).
- Day 2: Husky Safari
- Don winter clothing and take a short drive to the husky kennels where you learn the art of mushing your own dogsled team. Then take to the trails through forests for a true winter experience. Afterwards, time to relax before the Christmas Eve meal. The Swedish tradition is to have the main celebration dinner on Christmas Eve, which will be a buffet style meal.
- Day 3: Christmas Day
- Spend time with family and friends in this wonderful festive location. After lunch it is possible to book an optional snowmobile pulled sled tour to a remote location and visit Santa in his cosy cabin where children receive a small gift (additional cost).
- Day 4: Snowmobile Safari & Sled tour
- Receive an introduction to snowmobiles and drive in pairs through the forests, stopping on route to swap drivers and keep warm with a hot drink. In the evening, head out on a sled pulled by the guides snowmobile to remote locations in search for the northern lights.
- Day 5: Flight to London
- The morning is free before taking the transfer to Lulea airport for the flight back to London Heathrow via Stockholm, arriving at 19.55.
- Please note the order of these activities is not set and will be confirmed locally.
- The weather in Sweden can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Sweden will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Prices & Dates
4 night itinerary
|Per person prices from||23 December 2017|
Adult price is based on two people sharing a cabin; child price is based on sharing with two adults.
Price includes: return flights between London Heathrow and Lulea via Stockholm; airport charges; transfer from Lulea airport to Brandon Lodge; 4 nights in a Cabin on half board basis (2-course meal); Husky safari; Snowmobile Forest tour; Northern Lights Sled tour; transfer back to Lulea airport and winter clothing during your stay.
Price excludes: lunch, but this is optional to pre-book or purchase locally; optional activities and beverages. It is also possible to upgrade to a 3-course evening meal.
23 Dec depart Heathrow 13.50, arrive Stockholm 17.20
23 Dec depart Stockholm 18.30, arrive Lulea 19.50
27 Dec depart Lulea 15.50, arrive Stockholm 17.10
27 Dec depart Stockholm 18.15, arrive Heathrow 19.55
2017 now SOLD OUT!
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.