If you can picture the perfect setting for your Christmas break, then this comes very close. Brandon Lodge is situated in the Lulea Archipelago overlooking the frozen sea of Bothnia Bay and tucked away on the shores edge among pine trees with nature all around. The lodge and surrounding cabins offer a warm glow and a welcome haven from the winter landscape with a wealth of charming experiences for an unforgettable festive break.
- Enchanting lodge and cabin accommodation
- Vast frozen landscape and wilderness location
- All-inclusive with meals and activities included
- Perfect place to experience the Northern Lights
With an archipelago of over 1,300 islands, vast woodland and river valleys, Lulea and the surrounding area in Swedish Lapland is a land of complete contrast, and situated just below the Arctic Circle is a great location for those in search on the phenomenal northern lights.
Brandon Lodge is just a 30 minute drive from the town of Lulea with a delightful setting looking out across the vast frozen sea. The main log cabin houses the restaurant on the first floor and cosy lounge and relaxation area on the ground floor - perfect for warming up in front of the log fire after outdoor activities. It is just a few steps from the 15 detached cabins which face the frozen sea, each with two twin bedrooms, lounge area, bathroom and small kitchenette. The small complex brings a sense of intimacy and remoteness, combined with a friendly atmosphere and personal service
The inclusive 5 night festive holiday includes four authentic winter activities, meals on full board basis (2-course evening meal) including festive celebrations and transfers to and from the Lodge. There is plenty of free time to enjoy the snowy surrounds, use the kick sledges, feed the reindeer which are in the grounds, use the sauna (additional cost) or perhaps join one of the other optional activities available to pre-book.
Please register your interest for 2018.
Nordic Winter Skills – after a brief introduction on how to use snowshoes, strap them on and the guide will take you on a 3 hour adventure into the forests around the lodge on an educational excursion. Learn the art of making a fire in the snow, how to make tea and coffee on an open fire and about the forest and wildlife in Sweden’s northernmost region. Afterwards help make the outdoor lunch over the fire in a traditional Sami hut.
Husky Safari – transfer to the husky kennels nearby where you meet the eager huskies and receive instructions on how to drive your own dogsled team. Then take to the trails riding in pairs with a change of drivers during the trip, heading across frozen lakes and through forests for an unforgettable winter experience. The total duration of the trip is 2 hours and is sure to leave you with fantastic memories.
Snowmobile Forest Tour – the favourite winter past time of the locals, is a snowmobile drive through the snow covered forests and across frozen lakes. The tour will take you to some beautiful places with great views and takes in the silence of the forest. Along the way you stop to keep warm with a hot drink and an opportunity to swap drivers. Drivers must hold a valid drivers licence. Duration 2 hours.
Northern Light Sled Tour – sit on reindeer skins and travel by sled pulled by the guides snowmobile across the frozen sea in search for the Northern Lights. The journey itself is a fun experience as you travel between islands and head to a remote spot for hot drinks and keeping watch for the aurora. Duration 2 hours.
The exact schedule of activities during your stay will be confirmed locally.
Optional Excursions – it is advisable to book other activities prior to departure to ensure availability – visit our website to see the extensive list.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Flight from London to Lulea
- Fly from London Heathrow to Lulea via Stockholm. On arrival you are met and transferred (approximately 30 minutes) to Brandon Lodge in the Lulea archipelago where you stay in cabins for 5 nights on half-board basis (breakfast and 2-course dinner).
- Days 2-5: Winter Activities
- The area around the lodge is a beautiful mix of frozen sea and snowy forest, ideal for using the kick-sledges and snowshoes to explore the area and enjoy the winter landscape. Next to the lodge is a reindeer enclosure so you can meet these friendly animals and even try to feed them! Our inclusive trip includes some great activities for an authentic experience into the wilderness using traditional arctic means. They include a Snowmobile Forest Tour (2 hours); Nordic Winter Skills (3 hours); Husky Safari (2 hours) and a Northern Lights Sled tour (2 hours). The order of these activities is not set and will be confirmed to you locally. There will also be free time to relax and add other optional activities which can be pre-booked. The Swedish tradition is to have the main celebration dinner on Christmas Eve, which will be a buffet style meal.
- Day 6: Flight to London
- The morning is free before taking the transfer to Lulea airport for the flight back to London Heathrow via Stockholm.
- Please note the order of these activities is not set and will be confirmed locally.
- The weather in Sweden can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Sweden will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||22 December 2018|
|Children (5-13 years)||£1,364|
Adult price is based on two people sharing a cabin; child price is based on sharing with two adults.
Price includes: return flights between London Heathrow and Lulea via Stockholm; airport charges; transfer from Lulea airport to Brandon Lodge; 5 nights in a Cabin on full board basis (2-course meal); Husky safari; Nordic Winter Skills; Snowmobile Forest tour; Northern Lights Sled tour; Winter clothing; transfer back to Lulea airport and winter clothing during your stay.
Price excludes: optional activities and beverages.
22 Dec from Heathrow to Lulea via Stockholm (times to be confirmed)
27 Dec from Lulea to Heathrow via Stockholm (times to be confirmed)
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.