Enjoy an exclusive weekend with your family or friends in beautiful Swedish Lapland. The first night is spent at the magnificent Icehotel, you then drive your own dog team to Väkkärä camp and the luxurious Fjellborg Arctic Lodge, your home for the next two nights on an inclusive adventure in the wilderness with wonderful local cuisine, personal service and exciting activities.
Who for? Those looking for a private wilderness experience.
- stay at the unique Icehotel
- traditional wilderness experience
- husky sledging - choose to mush, ride as a passenger or both!
- private tour - not shared with other participants
Fly direct from London to Kiruna in Swedish Lapland allowing you more time to enjoy your arctic break. This wonderful adventure begins with a visit to the magical Icehotel - marvel at the creative masterpiece made entirely from snow and ice and a chance to join one of the optional evening activities. You have a choice of staying overnight in the Icehotel itself, or if you prefer one of the warmer rooms available.
The next morning you are collected for the exclusive private tour, with a maximum of 8 participants in your group. A short transfer by snowmobile pulled sled takes you to the husky farm across the frozen river where you have a guided tour of the kennels and receive instructions on how to mush your own team of dogs before the eager huskies whisk you off into the snowy forest. Children will be passengers on the guides sled for safety reasons. On the trail you will have a rustic outdoor lunch over an open fire before eventually arriving at the wilderness camp and your accommodation Fjellborg Arctic Lodge. There is time to warm up with a sauna while a delicious meal is being prepared.
Staying in the wilderness is a memorable experience, the peace and tranquility occasionally broken by the howl of the huskies outside. The private cabin certainly looks out of place in the forest, with a luxurious homely feel, the log burner makes for the perfect place to relax and unwind after being out on the trail. Facilities include a comfortable living area, master double bedroom on the first floor, a further three bedrooms on the ground fllor with bunk beds, the bottom bed being a larger size and a bathroom with private sauna.
After breakfast prepare for a Snowmobile Safari with full driving instructions and safety briefing and take to the tracks once again over frozen lakes and through forest land, stopping for a traditional campfire lunch made by the guide. In the afternoon, head back to the lodge for a relaxing sauna and a well earned evening meal.
In the morning take a guided snowshoe walk into the pristine surrounds with plenty of photo opportunities, followed by a light lunch back at the camp. A transfer then takes you to the airport in time for the flight home.
In the remote wilderness you are perfectly situated should the northern lights make an appearance so be sure to check the night sky from time to time. More about the aurora »
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: UK - Icehotel
- Fly to Kiruna (on our direct from London Heathrow or via Stockholm). On arrival at Kiruna you will be met and transferred to the Icehotel for an overnight stay. Take time to marvel at the amazing ice designs or join an excursion. Don't forget to try out the Icebar before settling in for the night in your Ice Room - should you prefer to upgrade to an Art Suite or stay in a warm room, please mention this at the time of booking.
- Day 2: Husky Safari - Väkkärä Camp
- In the morning you are collected for a short transfer by snowmobile pulled sled to the husky kennels where you receive instructions on handling your own team of dogs. You may wish to help your guide prepare the dog teams ready for your wilderness adventure. Then its time to try your skills at mushing and take to the snowy trails as you navigate through the forests and across lakes, with a stop on route for an outdoor lunch by the campfire. On arrival at the camp your party will have exclusive use of the master cabin which has a bathroom and a private sauna. Exchange stories about the day's experiences at dinner and keep watch for the northern lights.
- Day 3: Snowmobile adventure
- After breakfast receive safety instructions on driving the machines and swap paw power for horse power as you drive in pairs, taking it in turn to swap drivers and speed across the arctic landscape for a thrilling adventure. An outdoor lunch is included. In the afternoon travel back to the lodge to warm up in the sauna and relax before dinner is served.
- Day 4: return to UK
- In the morning don snowshoes for a trek in the wilderness, looking out for arctic wildlife and photo opportunities. Then return back to the camp in time for a light lunch and the transfer to Kiruna Airport for our direct to London Heathrow or for your flight home via Stockholm.
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar|
Price includes direct flights between UK and Kiruna; transfers from and to the airport; 1 night accommodation at the Icehotel on breakfast basis; snowmobile pulled sled transfer to the husky kennels; husky safari with lunch; 2 nights at Fjellborg Arctic Lodge including dinner and breakfast; snowmobile safari with lunch, snowshoe trek with lunch and winter clothing.
A 4 night duration holiday is possible using our direct flight on certain dates, with 1 extra night staying at the Icehotel.
Please note, schedule flights via Stockholm are also available and based on the lowest available fare - All holidays and prices are subject to availability.
Departures and Flight Times
Flight - London-Stockholm-Kiruna | Flight time - 5-9 hours*
Please ask our Sales team for details of the flight connections available for your requirements.
2016/17 Winter Season
17 (Limited availability), 22*, 26, 29* (Limited availability) Dec 2016
21, 28 Jan 2017
04, 11, 14*, 18, 25 Feb 2017
04, 11 Mar 2017
* denotes a 4-night holiday.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.