The Icehotel is quite simply one of the most unique and spectacular places in the world to spend the night. Located in Jukkasjarvi, a peaceful village in Swedish Lapland, 200km north of the Arctic Circle and surrounded by pristine snow-covered fells and forests, this is a hotel of inspired Art Suites, thrilling winter activities and mouth-watering Swedish cuisine. With luck, you’ll also witness the spellbinding northern lights. Take this classic short break, using our exclusive direct flight and discover what all the excitement is about!
- Exclusive direct flight from Heathrow to Kiruna - be there in just 3½ hours!
- Experience 'sleeping on ice' at the world's coolest hotel
- Fully independent short break with a wide range of optional activities
- Located high above the Arctic Circle, has great northern lights potential
- Stay in the 29th edition of the Icehotel this winter or in Icehotel 365 year round
- Indulge in a Chef’s Table experience by a Michelin Award-winning chef
- Sip cocktails from glasses made of ice in the Ice Bar
Crafted each year using ice from the frozen River Torne, the Icehotel is transformed into a work of art by the world’s leading ice sculptors. Walking inside, you will be mesmerised by hallways lit by sparkling chandeliers of ice, while the Art Suites have to be seen to be believed. You can chill out at the Icebar, sipping cocktails from ice glasses and get married in the ice ceremony hall. The Icehotel 365 offers a year-round ice experience, blending seamlessly during winter with the seasonal Icehotel, which melts back into the river each spring. As its leading worldwide partner, we’ve been arranging holidays to the Icehotel since its inception in 1990.
Fly direct on our #Iceflight
Our exclusive direct flight between Heathrow and Kiruna (just 20 minutes from the Icehotel) means we can get you there quicker than any other operator in just 3.5 hours rather than 9 hours flying via Stockholm. Plus you avoid the hassle of long transfers and internal flights. Discover five things to do with the time you save by flying direct »
Sleeping in an ice room
The Icehotel has a range of rooms to choose from – the classic Ice rooms typically contain a double bed but some can sleep up to 4. The Art Suites are larger, individually themed and hand-carved by artists from all over the world. The 365 Art Suites are the largest with a solid door and there are 9 Deluxe Suites that have an en-suite (warm) bathroom. Our Icehotel break is for 3 nights with one night in a classic ice room and the other two in warm accommodation however if you’d like to upgrade to an art suite, or book a warm room as back-up for the whole stay our specialists can tailor your trip to suit your every need.
Eating and Drinking
The Icehotel has two restaurants to choose from offering delicious Swedish cuisine with fresh local ingredients. The Icehotel restaurant offers a fine dining experience and reservations are highly recommended. There is also a breakfast and lunch buffet served here. New in 2017, the 12-course Chef’s Table experience at the Verandah – with only 16 spaces available per sitting, guests will enjoy a menu of bite-sized delights prepared by Head Chef, Alexander Meier (who previously worked in a two Michelin-star rated restaurant).
A picturesque 20-minute walk from the hotel through the village is the Homestead restaurant serving an la carte menu in a cosy atmosphere. Inside Icehotel 365 you’ll find the Ice Bar serving a selection of cocktails from glasses made of ice, alternatively the Lounge bar offers a warm and cosy atmosphere to relax and enjoy a night cap.
Your dedicated Icehotel Representative
On our direct flight dates from check in at Heathrow to being on-hand at the Icehotel and on your return home – our very-own Icehotel representative, Maddie will be on hand to answer any questions you may have throughout your trip. Meet Maddie upon check-in at Heathrow, visit her at reception during your stay and let her pave the way to a smooth journey home. Read Maddie’s guide to the Icehotel »
To avoid missing out, we highly recommend that you pre-book excursions and activities with us before you arrive. Optional excursions at the Icehotel include husky sledding, snowmobiling, ice-sculpting, winter survival, northern lights photography and more. For a spot of indulgence or to celebrate a special occasion, why not book a private sauna ritual or romantic starlit dinner. Our team of Icehotel experts have all visited the Icehotel and enjoyed the whole range of activities so talk to them about choosing the best experiences for you.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive at the Icehotel
- Fly to Kiruna (either direct on our exclusive charter from Heathrow or via Stockholm) and transfer to Jukkasjarvi. You can upgrade to a transfer by husky sled. Check in at the Icehotel for a 3 or 4-night stay and join a guided tour. Speak to our Icehotel specialists should you wish to upgrade to an Art Suite or Deluxe Suite for your night in the Icehotel.
- Days 2-3/4: time at leisure
- Spend your time as you choose, enjoying optional activities, such as ice sculpting, husky sledding, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing, or treat yourself to a sauna ritual or starlit dinner. To avoid disappointment we strongly recommend you book your activities and excursions prior to departure. Should you need any assistance with choosing your activities, please contact our expert team who have first hand knowledge.
- Days 4/5: depart Sweden
- Check out of the Icehotel and transfer to Kiruna for the return flight (either direct on our Iceflight or via Stockholm).
- You may stay extra nights at the Icehotel, subject to availability, or in the capital, Stockholm. Please contact us to discuss your holiday plans.
- We can also tailor make your holiday to combine the Icehotel with a husky sledding adventure, a visit to nearby Abisko (renowned for its northern lights sightings) or a winter adventure in other parts of Swedish Lapland, Norway or Iceland.
- Guests at the Icehotel will be provided with a one-piece thermal suit, mittens and thermal waterproof boots for the duration of their stay. The exact itinerary will be confirmed when booking.
Optional Ice Room ExperienceSleeping in an Ice Room (or any room within the actual Icehotel) is a great experience – many people claim it’s the best night’s sleep they've ever had! Please note that on your night in the Icehotel you will check out of your warm accommodation and check in at the 'cold reception' where you will store your belongings and have use of the facilities, including a sauna. If you prefer to spend all your nights in heated accommodation this is also possible, subject to availability.
Alternatively, if you are unsure about an Ice Room (or have back problems) but would still like to try it, you can book the standard arrangements and reserve an additional back-up warm room. This requires a supplement and is subject to availability. Please view our Icehotel accommodation and FAQs page for more details. Or contact our travel specialists who will also be happy to discuss any questions you may have about sleeping on ice.
Children and the IcehotelThe Icehotel is not the most child-friendly of hotels, particularly for very young children; there will be restrictions when taking part in excursions as most activities have a minimum age of 8 years old. However, if you still choose to go ahead and book, we would strongly advise you to book warm accommodation for the duration of your stay. Please note that the Icehotel does not provide a Children's Menu in the restaurants. Our expert team will be happy to answer your questions.
Accommodation OptionsOur 3-night break includes 1 night in an Ice Room (or upgrade to a Art or Deluxe Suite) plus 2 nights in a warm room. Our 4-night stay includes 1 night in an Ice Room plus 3 nights in a warm room. It may be possible to book a warm room as back-up on your allocated 'sleeping on ice' night should you be hesitant about staying in an Ice Room. This requires a supplement and is subject to availability. Alternatively, all nights can be spent in warm accommodation if you prefer.
On each of our direct flight departures from Heathrow to Kiruna, we hold a substantial number of rooms at the Icehotel, ensuring that our clients always receive the best availability and choice of rooms.
ExcursionsThere are so many optional excursions to choose from in Swedish Lapland - the hardest part is deciding which to do! Choose from snowmobiling, husky sledging, cross country skiing, moose safaris, winter survival and ice sculpting. You can even choose to start your holiday with a transfer from the airport by husky sledge!
Experience the everyday life of a reindeer herding family a…
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
Prices include return flights travelling on our exclusive direct flight from Heathrow to Kiruna on the departure dates outlined below. We can also arrange alternative flights via Stockholm or to/from alternate international airports.
Direct Flight Times:
Heathrow to Kiruna SK7896 Dep: 10.35 | Arr: 14:55
Kiruna to Heathrow SK7895 Dep: 14.25 | Arr: 17:00
Prices as based on spending one night sleeping on ice and the rest of your stay in warm accommodation.
|£ per person from (2 sharing)|
|Departure Dates||Duration||Ice Room||Art Suite
|15 Dec 2018||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|23 Dec 2018||See Christmas at the Icehotel|
|26 Dec 2018||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|29 Dec 2018||See New Year at the Icehotel|
|19 Jan 2019||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|26 Jan 2019||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|09 Feb 2019||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|16 Feb 2019||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|19 Feb 2019*||4 nights||£1,332||£1,420||£1,555|
|23 Feb 2019||3 nights||£1,195||£1,284||£1,419|
|02 Mar 2019||3 nights||£1,117||£1,199||£1,272|
* 19 Feb is based on a 4 night duration
|Variations - £ per person (Based on an Ice Room)|
|Child (aged 8-14)||£999||£1,160|
- Return direct flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna
- Complimentary in-flight meal, beer, wine and soft drinks
- 2 nights in a Kaamos room
- 1 night in a Ice Room
- Social morning sauna and breakfast
- Services of a Discover the World representative
- Return airport transfers
- Airport taxes
- Use of thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens
- All excursions
- Premium class flight upgrade (£175pp)
- Transfer by Husky Sled from Kiruna airport (from £640 per sledge)
- Chef's Table 12 course dinner (from £217 per person)
- Sauna Ritual
- Special Events
Please note the following:
** Additional adults can be added to certain room types. We advise against travelling with children under 8.
Fly via Stockholm
From £1,074 - click for more details
|£ per person from||Dec 2018 - Apr 2019 - 3 nights|
|Child (aged 8-11)*||£906|
*Additional information - please note the following:
- Additional adult price - for the 3rd and 4th adult sharing the accommodation (not applicable to Kaamos rooms)
- Single - single traveller in a Ice Room combined with a Kaamos Room
- Child prices are based on sharing with 2 adults
NB Prices are based on lowest available airfare, should this not be available at the time of booking, a supplement will apply.
Price includes return flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna via Stockholm; 2 nights in a Kaamos room and 1 night in a Ice Room; morning sauna; breakfast; airport transfers, airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
Departures and Flight Times
Flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna via Stockholm are operated by Scandinavian airlines. The departure days and flight timings can vary depending on season, so please contact our Travel Specialists for the latest information and availability. The flight time can vary between 5-9 hours, subject to flight connections in Stockholm.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.