The Icehotel is quite simply one of the most unique and spectacular places in the world to spend the night. Located in Jukkasjarvi, a peaceful village in Swedish Lapland, 200km north of the Arctic Circle and surrounded by pristine snow-covered fells and forests, this is a hotel of inspired Art Suites, thrilling winter activities and mouth-watering Swedish cuisine. With luck, you’ll also witness the spellbinding northern lights. Take this classic short break, using our exclusive direct flight and discover what all the excitement is about!
- Exclusive direct flight from Heathrow to Kiruna - be there in just 3½ hours!
- Experience 'sleeping on ice' at the world's coolest hotel
- Fully independent short break with a wide range of optional activities
- Located high above the Arctic Circle, has great northern lights potential
Crafted each year using ice from the frozen River Torne, the Icehotel is transformed into a work of art by the world’s leading ice sculptors. Walking inside, you will be mesmerised by hallways lit by sparkling chandeliers of ice, while the Art Suites have to be seen to be believed. You can chill out at the Icebar, sipping cocktails from ice glasses and get married in the ice ceremony hall. The Icehotel 365 offers a year-round ice experience, blending seamlessly during winter with the seasonal Icehotel, which melts back into the river each spring.
Fly direct on our #Iceflight
Our exclusive direct flight between Heathrow and Kiruna (just 20 minutes from the Icehotel) means we can get you there quicker than any other operator, avoiding the hassle of long transfers and internal flights. As its leading worldwide partner, we’ve been arranging holidays to the Icehotel since its inception in 1990.
Our fully independent Icehotel Break gives you the flexibility of prebooking a wide range of activities, from ice sculpting workshops to husky sledding and chasing the northern lights by snowmobile, while our dedicated Discover the World representative will be available during your holiday to ensure everything runs smoothly.
Cool for Kids
Build a snowman or a more elaborate snowcastle, join in on a woodcarving lesson or on one of the fun rides with a noisy team of friendly huskies. Older children can ride as a passenger on a snowmobile or learn the traditional Nordic skill of cross-country skiing. In the evening top up the excitement with a hunt for the aurora.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive at the Icehotel
- Fly to Kiruna (either direct on our exclusive charter from Heathrow or via Stockholm) and transfer to Jukkasjarvi. You can upgrade to a transfer by husky sled. Check in at the Icehotel for a 3 or 4-night stay and join a guided tour. Speak to our Icehotel specialists should you wish to upgrade to an Art Suite or Deluxe Suite for your night in the Icehotel.
- Days 2-3/4: time at leisure
- Spend your time as you choose, enjoying optional activities, such as ice sculpting, husky sledding, snowmobiling and cross-country skiing, or treat yourself to a sauna ritual or starlit dinner. To avoid disappointment we strongly recommend you book your activities and excursions prior to departure. Should you need any assistance with choosing your activities, please contact our expert team who have first hand knowledge.
- Days 4/5: depart Sweden
- Check out of the Icehotel and transfer to Kiruna for the return flight (either direct on our Iceflight or via Stockholm).
- You may stay extra nights at the Icehotel, subject to availability, or in the capital, Stockholm. Please contact us to discuss your holiday plans.
- We can also tailor make your holiday to combine the Icehotel with a husky sledding adventure, a visit to nearby Abisko (renowned for its northern lights sightings) or a winter adventure in other parts of Swedish Lapland, Norway or Iceland.
- Guests at the Icehotel will be provided with a one-piece thermal suit, mittens and thermal waterproof boots for the duration of their stay. The exact itinerary will be confirmed when booking.
- The weather in Sweden can be unpredictable and cause delays resulting in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Sweden will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Optional Ice Room ExperienceSleeping in an Ice Room (or any room within the actual Icehotel) is a great experience – many people claim it’s the best night’s sleep they've ever had! Please note that on your night in the Icehotel you will check out of your warm accommodation and check in at the 'cold reception' where you will store your belongings and have use of the facilities, including a sauna. If you prefer to spend all your nights in heated accommodation this is also possible, subject to availability.
Alternatively, if you are unsure about an Ice Room (or have back problems) but would still like to try it, you can book the standard arrangements and reserve an additional back-up warm room. This requires a supplement and is subject to availability. Please view our Icehotel accommodation and FAQs page for more details. Or contact our travel specialists who will also be happy to discuss any questions you may have about sleeping on ice.
Children and the IcehotelThe Icehotel is not the most child-friendly of hotels, particularly for very young children; there will be restrictions when taking part in excursions as most activities have a minimum age of 8 years old. However, if you still choose to go ahead and book, we would strongly advise you to book warm accommodation for the duration of your stay. Please note that the Icehotel does not provide a Children's Menu in the restaurants. Our expert team will be happy to answer your questions.
Accommodation OptionsOur 3-night break includes 1 night in an Ice Room (or upgrade to a Art or Deluxe Suite) plus 2 nights in a warm room. Our 4-night stay includes 1 night in an Ice Room plus 3 nights in a warm room. It may be possible to book a warm room as back-up on your allocated 'sleeping on ice' night should you be hesitant about staying in an Ice Room. This requires a supplement and is subject to availability. Alternatively, all nights can be spent in warm accommodation if you prefer.
On each of our direct flight departures from Heathrow to Kiruna, we hold a substantial number of rooms at the Icehotel, ensuring that our clients always receive the best availability and choice of rooms.
ExcursionsThere are so many optional excursions to choose from in Swedish Lapland - the hardest part is deciding which to do! Choose from snowmobiling, husky sledging, cross country skiing, moose safaris, winter survival and ice sculpting. You can even choose to start your holiday with a transfer from the airport by husky sledge!
Experience the everyday life of a reindeer herding family a…
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
Prices below are for the 2018/19 season and based on travelling on our exclusive direct flight from Heathrow to Kiruna.
|£ per person from|
|3 nights (excl. 23 Dec)
||4 nights - 19 Feb 2019
|Child (aged 8-14) *||£988||£1,147|
Prices include return direct flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna (with complimentary in-flight meal, beer, wine and soft drinks); 2 or 3 nights in a Kaamos room (depending on trip duration) and 1 night in a Ice Room; social morning sauna and breakfast; services of a Discover the World representative; airport transfers, airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
Please note the following:
*Additional adult price - for the 3rd and 4th adult sharing the accommodation (not applicable to Kaamos rooms)
** Single - single traveller in an Ice Room combined with a Kaamos Room
*** Child - prices are based on sharing with 2 adults
*Upgrade your stay
Upgrade options include:
- Premium Class Flight Upgrade »
- Accommodation upgrades in Cold room. Upgrade to a Art Suite from £79 per person per night and to a Deluxe Suite from £233 per person per night.
- Special transfers from Kiruna Airport
Please talk to our travel specialists for further details on these upgrades.
Direct Flight - Departure Dates
15, 23, 26 & 29* December 2018
19 & 26 January 2019
09, 16, 19* & 23 February 2019
02 March 2019
* Please note, departures on 29 December and 19 Feb is based on a 4 night duration.
Heathrow to Kiruna SK7896 Dep: 10.35 | Arr: 14:55
Kiruna to Heathrow SK7895 Dep: 14.25 | Arr: 17:00
Festive Departures - 23 & 29 December 2018
For prices, please refer to our Christmas and New Year breaks at the Icehotel.
Fly via Stockholm
|£ per person from||Nov 2018 - Apr 2019 - 3 nights|
|Child (aged 8-11)*||£906|
*Additional information - please note the following:
- Additional adult price - for the 3rd and 4th adult sharing the accommodation (not applicable to Kaamos rooms)
- Single - single traveller in a Ice Room combined with a Kaamos Room
- Child prices are based on sharing with 2 adults
NB Prices are based on lowest available airfare, should this not be available at the time of booking, a supplement will apply.
Price includes return flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna via Stockholm; 2 nights in a Kaamos room and 1 night in a Ice Room; morning sauna; breakfast; airport transfers, airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
Departures and Flight Times
Flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna via Stockholm are operated by Scandinavian airlines. The departure days and flight timings can vary depending on season, so please contact our Travel Specialists for the latest information and availability. The flight time can vary between 5-9 hours, subject to flight connections in Stockholm.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.