Combine sleeping on ice with a chance to witness the creation of one of the world's truly amazing hotels. November is a very special time in Jukkasjarvi with building of the seasonal Icehotel in full flow. Staying in Icehotel 365 in your choice of the exquisite suites you'll have the chance to observe the artists create magic from blocks of ice. Experience the extraordinary excitement of the birth of Icehotel 28.
- Experience 'sleeping on ice' at the world's coolest hotel
- Fully independent short break with a range of optional activities
- Fabulous location high above the Arctic Circle, with great northern lights potential
- Behind the scenes tour of making the Icehotel 28 included
Located in Jukkasjarvi, a peaceful village in Swedish Lapland, 200km north of the Arctic Circle and surrounded by pristine snow-covered fells and forests, thrilling winter activities and mouth-watering Swedish cuisine. With luck, you’ll also witness the spellbinding northern lights. Take this classic short break and discover what all the excitement is about!
Crafted each year using ice from the frozen River Torne, the new Icehotel 28 is transformed into a work of art by the world’s leading ice sculptors. November and early December sees the birth of the intricate Ice Rooms, individually created and spectacular Art Suites and iconic sparkling chandeliers of ice. For the 2017/18 Icehotel, designs include a Space Room, Fabergé Egg, Hanging Installation and a Snail World. Experience the special 'Behind the scenes tour' and making of the Icehotel 28.
You can chill out at the Icebar, sipping cocktails from ice glasses and keep an eye on the dark sky in case the northern lights decide to make an appearance. The Icehotel 365 offers a year-round ice experience, blending seamlessly during winter with the seasonal Icehotel, the 28th this season, melting back into the river each spring.
Our fully independent Icehotel Break gives you the flexibility of prebooking a wide range of activities, from ice sculpting workshops to husky sledding and chasing the northern lights. It is also possible to extend your stay and visit another Swedish icon, the Treehotel and perhaps experience the traditional Sapmi Nature camp along the way.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Arrive at the Icehotel
- Fly to Kiruna via Stockholm and transfer to Jukkasjarvi. Check in at the Icehotel for a 3-night stay. Speak to our Icehotel specialists should you wish to upgrade to a Deluxe Suite for your night in the Icehotel.
- Days 2-3: Time at leisure
- Spend your time as you choose, enjoying optional activities, such as ice sculpting, husky sledding, learning wilderness skills and cross-country skiing, or treat yourself to a sauna ritual or starlit dinner. Included with the tour is a 'Behind the Scenes' tour to see the artist at work, have an opportunity to ask questions and experience the making of Icehotel 28. To avoid disappointment we strongly recommend you book your activities and excursions prior to departure. Should you need any assistance with choosing your activities, please contact our expert team who have first hand knowledge.
- Day 4: Depart Sweden
- Check out of the Icehotel and transfer to Kiruna for the return flight via Stockholm.
- We can also tailor make your holiday to combine the Icehotel with a stay at the famous Treehotel or at the traditional Sapmi Nature Camp.
- Guests at the Icehotel will be provided with a one-piece thermal suit, mittens and thermal waterproof boots for the duration of their stay. The exact itinerary will be confirmed when booking.
- The weather in Sweden can be unpredictable and cause delays resulting in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Sweden will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Accommodation OptionsOur 3-night break includes 1 night in an Art Suite (or upgrade to a Deluxe Suite) plus 2 nights in a warm room. It will be possible to book a warm room as back-up on your allocated 'sleeping on ice' night should you be hesitant about staying in an Art Suite. This requires a supplement and is subject to availability. Alternatively, all nights can be spent in warm accommodation if you prefer.
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
|£ per person from||November 2017 - 3 nights|
Price includes return flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna via Stockholm; 2 nights in a Kaamos room and 1 night in an Art Suite 365; guided tour of the making of the Icehotel; morning sauna; breakfast; airport transfers, airport taxes and a thermal one-piece suit, boots and mittens to use while staying at the Icehotel.
NB Prices are based on lowest available airfare, should this not be available at the time of booking, a supplement will apply.
Departures and Flight Times
Flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna via Stockholm are operated by Scandinavian airlines. The departure days and flight timings can vary depending on season, so please contact our Travel Specialists for the latest information and availability. The flight time can vary between 5-9 hours, subject to flight connections in Stockholm.
Fly via Stockholm, and perhaps stop over in this stunning Scandinavian capital.
Various flight times from London Heathrow with Scandinavian Airlines, London Gatwick with Norwegian and from Manchester Airport with Scandinavian Airlines.
Please contact our team of Travel Specialists for further details.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.