Perched on a felltop with panoramic views over the lakes and forests of Syote National Park in Finnish Lapland, this secluded resort has excellent northern lights potential and a great range of accommodation and activities. Choose from traditional log cabins, with a fairytale covering of thick snow, or stylish suites with saunas and outdoor jacuzzis.
- Spend the night in a traditional log cabin, snuggled up next to the fire
- Choose from a wide range of winter activities
- Enjoy access to some of Finland’s best ski slopes
- Option to stay in the unique Eagles View Suite with magnificent views
- Free use of the fabulous Arctic Spa
- Stay in one of the Aurora View Suites
- Direct flight from London Gatwick
What makes Iso-Syote special?
This lofty resort is perched on a felltop in Syote National Park, around 150km below the Arctic Circle. Not only are the views spectacular, but the big skies and lack of artificial light pollution bode well for sightings of the aurora borealis. As an added bonus, this part of Finland often receives bumper snowfalls, causing trees to bow under the weight and creating a wonderland for winter activities.
Rooms with a view at Iso-Syote
Long-established favourites include traditional log-cabin Kelo Cottages and spacious Fjell Top Cottages. Introduced at Iso-Syote for the 2016-17 season and proved an instant hit with guests are ten two-storey Aurora View Suites in the main hotel building with sauna, balcony and outdoor jacuzzi, while the Eagle’s View Suite has a living room with fireplace and sauna downstairs and a double bedroom with jacuzzi nestled above – all with fabulous views.
Things to do at Iso-Syote
Husky sledding, snowmobiling, reindeer safaris, ice fishing, snowshoeing, downhill skiing and cross-country skiing are just some of the optional activities on offer. You can also visit the Ranua Wildlife Park or Rovaniemi’s Santa Claus Village (a must for families). Iso-Syote has a restaurant, bar and lounge, plus a Arctic Spa with heated pool, saunas and jacuzzis – perfect for relaxing in after a day exploring the area.
You might also be interested in…
See lynx, polar bears and other Arctic species at Ranua Wildlife Park, visit Rovaniemi and enjoy inclusive activities like snowmobiling.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1 arrive in Finland
- Fly to Rovaniemi, Oulu or Kuusamo and transfer to Iso-Syöte. Check into your accommodation for your stay.
- Days 2-3 at leisure
- Spend your time at Iso-Syote enjoying the winter experience - relax in front of a roaring fire in your traditional log cabin or in the comfortable hotel rooms and suites, or get out into the wilderness and enjoy this pristine northern beauty. Ski, husky-sledge or snowmobile through the fresh powder or cut a hole in the ice and try your hand at ice-fishing. And don't forget to head out on an evening snowmobile safari in pursuit of the jewel of the Finnish wilderness, the northern lights.
- Day 4 depart Finland
- Check out and transfer to Oulu, Kuusamo or Rovaniemi airport for your flight home.
- The above itinerary is based on a 3 night stay, but a longer duration allows you the chance to take part in more winter activities and more opportunities for northern light sightings.
- We have based our itineraries on a 3, 4 or 7 night duration due to the direct flight to Rovaniemi, but extra nights can be added making it a flexible stay. During the peak festive season there is a minimum stay of 7 nights with set arrival dates and on request basis as there is limited availability during this period. Other dates and durations are not possible during this time.
- Please note not all excursions run on a daily basis. For more information about the days of operation please speak to your travel specialist, but the actual program of events for your specific stay will be confirmed to you locally when checking in to the hotel.
- During November and early December some of the activities may not be possible due to snow levels and subject to change.
- The weather in Finland can cause serious delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Finland will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Accommodation OptionsAs well as a hotel, the Iso-Syöte resort offers a number of traditional log cabins, each with their own private sauna. Set amongst the forest areas surrounding the hotel, these are ideal for couples on a romantic break. There are also larger Fjell Top Cottages located near the main hotel with 3 bedrooms, living area and sauna, great for for getaways with family and friends. Last season saw the introduction of the Aurora view suites - split over two floors they offer very comfortable accommodation with high quality furnishings, sauna, hot tub on the balcony and large panoramic window. Please note, there is a minimum stay of 3 nights in the cabins in low season and 7 nights during peak and festive periods.
Iso-Syöte: Experience the thrill of snowmobile and the pea…
Iso Syöte: Visit Ranua Wildlife Park and Rovaniemi Santa V…
Iso-Syote: A tour which allows you to experience the Finnis…
Iso-Syöte: Introducing you to a traditional aspect of life…
Prices & Dates
Prices from per person for a 3, 4 or 7 night trip (based on low season) (Winter 2017-18)
Please note: prices are based on flights with Norwegian air from Gatwick to Rovaniemi operating on Mondays and Fridays only, subject to availability. There are also daily flights with Finnair operating between London Heathrow and Oulu, Kuusamo or Rovaniemi via Helsinki, which may carry a supplement.
|Hotel Iso-Syote||3 nights||4 nights||7 nights|
|Kelo Cottage||3 nights||4 nights||7 nights|
|Fell Top Cottage||3 nights||4 nights||7 nights|
|Eagles View Suite||3 nights||4 nights||7 nights|
|Aurora View Suite||3 nights||4 nights||7 nights|
*Child prices based on child aged 11 or under sharing with two adults
Price includes return scheduled flights direct between London Gatwick and Rovaniemi with Norwegian air; airport taxes; transfers between airport and Iso-Syöte and accommodation for 3, 4 or 7 nights on a half board basis.
Supplement for festive dinners on the 24, 25 & 31 December 2017 - £27 per person per dinner.
Overnight in a Snow Igloo from £95 per person, includes a polar sleeping bag, shower and sauna at the hotel (maximum of 2 clients).
- Lunch options at Iso-Syote include the restaurant for either a buffet style or a la carte menu and the lobby bar has snacks and sandwiches available to purchase. There is also a shuttle bus operating to the nearby village with shops to purchase provisions.
- When booking activities at Iso-Syote, winter clothing will be provided for the first safari and is then available to keep for the remainder of your stay. If activities are not booked, winter clothing is available to hire for 25 euros per stay (payable locally).
- All prices are subject to availability.
Please note, availability over Christmas and New Year is very limited.
Transfer times (approximate)
Kuusamo airport to Hotel - 90 minutes
Oulu airport to Hotel - 2 hours
Rovaniemi airport to Hotel - 2 hours
- If travelling with Finnair via Helsinki, it may be necessary to overnight in Helsinki whilst in transit due to the flight connections, especially at peak festive times. Please ask our sales team for the options available.
- Scheduled flights are based on the lowest available airfare and should this be unavailable a supplement will apply, which you will be notified of at the time of confirming your booking.
Direct flights with Norwegian Air operate from 30th October 2017 to 23rd March 2018 on Mondays and Fridays.
Departs Gatwick at 05.50, arrives Rovaniemi 11.10
Departs Rovaniemi at 11.50, arrives Gatwick 13.30
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.