Enjoy an unforgettable, action packed weekend in a winter wonderland, at two of Swedish Lapland's most individual properties - the very 'cool' Icehotel and homely Camp Ripan. With both places offering a great location for viewing the northern lights and a host of winter activities, this is the perfect winter escape.
- the amazing Icehotel with its unique design and experience 'sleeping on ice'
- Camp Ripan with its cosy cabins, on nature's doorstep
- a wealth of thrilling winter activities to choose from
- the chance to see the mesmerising northern lights - more about the aurora»
Begin your adventure with a night in the famous Icehotel*, take a tour around this amazing hotel made entirely of ice and snow with each of the art suites designed by internationally renowned artists. Don’t forget to try one of the colourful cocktails in the Icebar. You have the choice of spending the night in an Ice Room or in the warm accommodation.
The following day head off to Camp Ripan, just a 20 minute transfer from the Icehotel. The location of this hotel could not be better, right on nature’s doorstep and close to ski, snowmobile and husky sledge trails but also within a 10 minute walk to the shops and restaurants of Kiruna. You can fill your day with skiing, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, husky sledging, horse riding, reindeer sledging or perhaps join on a moose safari. Recently opened at Camp Ripan is the Aurora Spa where guests can relax and enjoy the different facilities on offer such as the indoor or outdoor hot pool, sauna, gym and treatments. Guests at the hotel receive a discounted price to these facilities.
Sit back and relax or be as active as you wish, whatever you prefer, there are plenty of options during your stay at Camp Ripan, the cosy accommodation offers a perfect retreat after a day of snow activities.
* It is also possible to spend your final night at the Icehotel.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: UK - Icehotel
- Fly from Heathrow to Kiruna on our direct flight and transfer to the Icehotel for an overnight stay in an Ice Room or warm room.
- Day 2: Icehotel - Camp Ripan
- Enjoy optional excursions at the Icehotel before transferring in the afternoon to Camp Ripan for a two or three night stay.
- Day 3: at leisure
- Today is at leisure to enjoy optional excursions.
- Day 4: return to UK
- Spend the morning at leisure, soaking up your incredibly scenic surrounds. Transfer to Kiruna Airport for your flight home on our direct flight to London Heathrow.
- The weather in Sweden can be unpredictable and therefore can cause substantial delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Sweden will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
- Those opting for the 4-night trip on 14 February, enjoy one extra day at Camp Ripan.
Camp Ripan: Learn the art of northern light photography
An insight into the Sami culture and the myths and legends …
Camp Ripan: Travel by minibus towards Norway in search for …
Camp Ripan: A traditional means of travel in the northern r…
In collaboration with the Swedish University of Agricultura…
Camp Ripan: Learn how to be a musher for a day and beautifu…
Camp Ripan: Famous for his Lights over Lapland, photographe…
Camp Ripan: A traditional means of travelling over the Arct…
Camp Ripan: This tour heads by snowmobile in pursuit of the…
The sure-footed Icelandic horse will be your mount for the …
Camp Ripan: After transferring to the nearby horse stables,…
The only indigenous people of Scandinavia, the Sami have ma…
Few things are as memorable as dinner under the stars.
Prices & Dates
3 night break
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar|
4 night break
|Per person prices from||Dec to Mar|
Twin price is based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room. Child prices on request
Prices include return direct flights between London Heathrow and Kiruna (with complimentary in-flight meal, beer, wine and soft drinks); 1 night in an Ice Room at the Icehotel on breakfast basis and a thermal one-piece suit, hat, boots and mittens to use while at the Icehotel, 2 or 3 nights at Camp Ripan on a breakfast basis, all transfers and airport taxes.
Direct Flight - Departure Dates
16, 23 & 26 December 2017
20 & 27 January 2018
10, 13*, 17 & 24 February 2018
03 March 2018
* Please note, departure on 13 Feb is based on a 4 night duration.
Heathrow to Kiruna SK7896 Dep: 10.35 | Arr: 15.05
Kiruna to Heathrow SK7895 Dep: 14.30 | Arr: 16.55
Festive Departures - 29 December
For prices, please refer to our New Year break at the Camp Ripan, Abisko and the Icehotel.
- Premium Class Flight Upgrade
- Accommodation Upgrades
- Transfers To Accommodation
Please contact our Travel Specialists to discuss these options.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.