Nangu Boutique Hotel is a new adult only resort which opening in December 2017. With a setting on the southern shore of Lake Inari it has breathtaking open views – perfect for witnessing the northern lights and offers high quality set packages with accommodation, transfers, meals and thrilling winter activities all included.
- New adult only boutique hotel
- Northern lights location
- Includes winter activities
- Traditional food
Nangu Boutique Wilderness Hotel is the latest addition to the Wilderness Hotels collection in northern Finland. Mari and Jouko Lappalainen first introduced Hotel Nellim in 2004 and over the years restored the property which now boasts a selection of excellent accommodation and services. In 2012 they bought a new property – Wilderness Hotel Muotka, offering the same high standard of facilities and has been very popular with our clients for several years. And their most recent venture is the delightful Nangu Hotel.
Nangu Hotel offers a different concept to the other three properties which are family friendly resorts – it is an adult only resort consisting of idyllic log buildings, giving the hotel an authentic feel of Lapland and only 20 minutes from Ivalo village with easy access to the airport and surrounding areas.
There is a choice of different duration breaks which all include transfers from and to Ivalo airport; full board starting with dinner on the first night to breakfast on the last day; winter clothing for the whole stay and a range of different activities including husky safaris, snowmobiling, snowshoeing, reindeer farm visit and searching for the aurora. Please refer to the itinerary section for the specific activities included with each tour.
There are 24 rooms in total, furnished in an authentic Lapland style and split between standard rooms or superior rooms (larger with panoramic window facing Lake Inari), 1 of which has a private sauna. So the number of guests will be relatively low, giving an intimate and cosy atmosphere to the resort.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- All Inclusive Itineraries
- All of our all-inclusive packages include return transfers from/to Ivalo airport; full board starting with dinner on the first day to breakfast on the departure day; accommodation in your chosen room type, winter activities as detailed below and winter clothing for the duration of your stay.
- Winter Activities Included
The following activities are included in the different packages.
Aurora Adventure - 3 night itinerary
Aurora Snowmobiling; Aurora Camp; Aurora Snowshoeing.
Arctic Experience - 4 night itinerary
Lake Inari Snowmobile Adventure; Husky and Reindeer day at Nellim; Snowshoeing; Aurora Camp.
Arctic Adventure - 7 night itinerary
Lake Inari Snowmobile Adventure; Husky and Reindeer day at Nellim; Ice Fishing with Snowmobile Sleigh; Snowshoeing; Cross Country Skiing; Aurora Camp.
Note the order of these activities will be confirmed locally and each activity will be included once during your stay.
- Activity Information
Lake Inari Snowmobile Adventure (approx. 4 hours) - The guide will show you how to handle the machines, and after a full safety briefing and driving lesson you head out to Lake Inari and its surroundings. Snowmobiling through white winter scenery is a breathtaking experience. During the trip there will be an outdoor lunch by the camp fire.
Husky and Reindeer day at Nellim (approx. 7 hours) - In the morning you will be transferred by car (approx. 30 mins) to Nellim resort where you will be split in to two groups – one group will head for a Husky safari while the other takes a snowmobile sled trip to the reindeer farm. Both groups then return to Nellim for lunch before participating in the other activity in the afternoon.
Husky sledding is a must do experience when visiting Lapland. You will be taught how to drive the sled before heading out for the safari, where the huskies pull the sled through beautiful scenery. Sleds are based on two people sharing, taking it in turns to drive.
Visiting the reindeer farm gives you an insight on Sámi culture and way of life in the north. The reindeer herder greets you and tells you more about his life. You have the chance to fed the reindeer – the curious ones may even get close enough to eat out of your hand! Travelling by snowmobile pulled sled you visit the Russian border and the beautiful Nellim church.
Ice Fishing trip with Snowmobile sleigh (approx. 4 hours) - Hop on a sleigh pulled behind a snowmobile driven by the guide and head out for a calm trip full of ice fishing and wonderful winter scenery. Find a good spot and set up camp, waiting for the fish to bite. Lunch is included by the open fire – if you’re lucky it may even be the fish you catch!
Snowshoeing (approx. 4 hours) - Explore the varied terrain around the hotel using snowshoes, a great way to walk on the different surfaces of the frozen Lakes to the enchanting forest and hills. During the walk the guide will share stories and information about Finnish nature and animals. A lunch stop is made with hot drinks around an open fire. This trip is perfect for photographers and nature lovers.
Cross Country Skiing (approx. 2 hours) - The traditional Finnish winter sport is definitely something you have to try on your trip. Cross country skiing used to be the most common method of transportation – there is no other method as quiet taking you through frozen and snowy scenery than on skis. The guide shows you how to use them, and once everyone is ready, you take a nice route admiring the beautiful scenery, stopping to take pictures and enjoy warm drinks on the way.
Aurora Camp (approx. 2.5 hours) - Seated comfortably in a sledge pulled behind a guide’s snowmobile you are driven to one of the chosen camp spots where an open fire and hot drinks keep you warm while waiting for the sky to show the magical northern lights. The atmosphere by the camp fire is an experience by itself and located away from any artificial lights, Lake Inari is one of the best places for aurora viewing.
Aurora snowmobiling (approx. 2.5 hours) - After receiving instructions and safety information head to Lake Inari looking for the best spots to view the open night sky in search for the northern lights. The driving distance depends on weather conditions.
Aurora Snowshoeing (approx. 2.5 hours) - Snowshoeing on the frozen lake during night time is an adventure of its own. You wander on the lake and surrounding wilderness heading for the camp, where you sit back with hot drinks while gazing at the sky, waiting for the aurora to appear.
- All activities begin with a safety briefing and instruction from the experienced guides. Thermal overall, mittens, balaclava, woollen socks and winter boots are provided as well as a helmet for the snowmobile safaris.
- Snowmobiles are covered for third party insurance only and should you have an accident and there is damage to the snowmobile, you will be charged an excess - currently €800 (Euro). All drivers must have a valid driving licence and may be required show it before the excursion.
- The weather in Finland can cause serious delays which can result in the need to re-arrange or extend your holiday itinerary. Whilst we and our contacts in Finland will do everything possible to minimise any disruption, it is important that you check the details of your travel insurance and allow for some flexibility in your plans.
Prices & Dates
|Per adult price from||
|Wilderness room ( twin/double share)||£1,236||£1,640||£2,146|
|Superior room ( twin/double share)||£1,407||£1,811||£2,401|
|Superior room with sauna ( twin/double share)||£1,483||£1,896||£2,529|
Price includes: return flights, either direct from London Gatwick to Ivalo (Thursday and Sunday only) or from London Heathrow via Helsinki to Ivalo; airport charges; accommodation in rooms with private facilities (as above based on full board); activities as detailed in the itinerary; winter clothing and return transfers.
Price excludes: meals/snacks other than stated; drinks; personal expenses.
Above prices are based on low season (07 - 21 January 2018 and 20 March - 16 April 2018). Other periods including Christmas, New Year and February half term are available at a supplement. Prices for a single room are available on request. Please speak to one of our Sales team for a quote on your specific requirements.
- On Christmas Eve you can help with the search for a perfect Christmas tree, while children make decorations and assist with making ginger cookies. Santa will visit after a traditional Finnish Christmas dinner and every child receives a present.
- On New Year’s Eve enjoy a special meal before venturing outside to toast the New Year with sparkling wine, bonfire and fireworks.
The prices above are based on direct flights from London Gatwick to Ivalo with Finnair (Sundays and Thursdays only). These flights operate between 14th December 2017 and and 22nd March 2018. Flights are also available on alternative days via Helsinki with Norwegian Air to London Gatwick and with Finnair from/to London Heathrow. It is possible to overnight in Helsinki and spend time to explore the Finnish Capital city before continuing the journey.
Direct flight departs Gatwick at 08.25, arriving Ivalo 13.55 - Sunday
Direct flight departs Ivalo at 06.00, arriving Gatwick 07.40 - Sunday
Direct flight departs Gatwick at 09.30, arriving Ivalo 15.00 - Thursday
Direct flight departs Ivalo at 07.00, arriving Gatwick 08.40 - Thursday
- Flights from Helsinki to Ivalo are very limited and popular, especially during the festive period and February half-term. We highly recommend that you book early to avoid disappointment. Over the festive period and half term we have a limited number of seats available on set dates and durations. Please refer to the separate Christmas and New Year packages online or ask our sales team to check availability for you.
- Scheduled flights are based on the lowest available fare and should this be unavailable a supplement will apply, to be advised at time of confirming your booking.
All prices are subject to availability.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.