Join this cruise beyond the Yasawa Islands to explore some of Fiji's lesser-visited islands. This well-planned itinerary combines time ashore discovering natural wonders and delving into Fijian culture and colonial history, with plenty of time cruising the azure waters and making use of the excellent onboard facilities.
Visit Levuka on the island of Ovalau. This quiet historic town with its stately backdrop of 19th Century colonial architecture and waterfront promenades is a time capsule of colonial rule.
- Discover islands & reefs rarely visited
- Explore Taveuni Island on the 180th Meridian Dateline
- Visit Levuka, once Fiji's colonial capital
- Swim in the Bouma Waterfall
- Visit Savusavu's hot springs & markets
- Snorkelling, glass bottom boat & diving
- Island night, kava, meke & lovo feast
Swim in the Bouma waterfall lagoon on the garden island of Taveuni and stand on the 180th Meridian – the arbitrary Dateline between today and tomorrow. Our journey takes you to Savusavu's extinct volcanic crater, hot springs and thriving markets. Explore picture perfect coral cays for snorkelling, glass bottom boat and scuba diving opportunities and discover the remote Northern islands of Fiji.
Contact our Pacific Islands experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1 depart Port Denarau Marina for Tivua Island
- Board the ship and enjoy a complimentary fruit punch and welcome salusalu (lei) before setting sail. This afternoon visit Captain Cook Cruises' own exclusive island "Tivua" where you can enjoy a twilight swim, snorkel or relax on the beach. Tonight enjoy our special Welcome Dinner and crew entertainment.
- Day 2 Levuka, Old Capital
- This morning we arrive at the port of Levuka on the island of Ovalau, situated off the northeast coast of the main island. Levuka was the first European settlement in Fiji and became the centre of British colonial administration and trade. Now World Heritage listed, at its peak over 50 hotels catered to the thirst of sailors in port and the town gained a wild reputation. In 1888 the capital was moved to Suva on the main island, and Levuka's notoriety gradually waned. Passengers are invited to join an optional tour of this now quiet historic town with its stately backdrop of 19th Century colonial architecture and waterfront promenades. In the afternoon we visit the children of Marist Convent Primary School.
- Day 3 Makogai, Clam Research and Old Leper Colony
- Start your day at Makogai Island with a traditional Fijian ceremony before joining the one hour walking tour of Makogai leper colony and nursery, home to giant clams and turtles. In the afternoon return to the island visiting the primary school where the children will entertain you with their song and dance.
- Day 4 Savusavu, Hot springs and Pearl farm
- This morning we arrive at Savusavu, the second town on the second biggest island in Fiji, Vanua Levu. Savusavu is positioned on an extinct volcanic crater. Choose from a selection of optional tours including a visit to the hot water springs, pearl farm and markets. Later this afternoon we cruise to a swimming beach in Savusavu Bay.
- Day 5 Bouma Waterfall/Naselesele Village
- This morning we disembark on the western side of Taveuni Island - the "Garden Island" of Fiji. The optional bus tour takes you to the beautiful Bouma Waterfall where you can swim and relax in the beautiful setting. Afterwards, visit the local handicraft markets at Naselesele Village. Tonight enjoy the tastes of Fiji with a traditional 'lovo" (earth oven) feast where we share fresh local seafood, meat and succulent tropical fruits. Then dance to the drum of the meke (dance) and enjoy a formal kava ceremony.
- Day 6: Wairiki, Dateline & Whispering Tide
- For an experience not to be missed, join the special choral church service at Wairiki on the western side of Taveuni. Taveuni Island lies on the 180th Meridian, the arbitrary line between today and tomorrow. After the service our crew will take you to the famous Dateline Meridian where you can literally stand with one foot in the past and one foot in the future. In the afternoon enjoy a visit to Whispering Tide for swimming and snorkelling before our scenic cruise along the south west coast of Vanua Levu navigating Bligh Water.
- Day 7 Nananu-I-ra, Viti Levu Bay, North Coast of Viti Levu
- Cruising south west from Vanua Levu we arrive at Nananu-i-ra on the northern coast of Viti Levu for our customary swim, snorkel and beachcombing adventure. Experience either a lazy morning on the beach or an energetic hike on the mountain. After lunch there is a last opportunity ashore before we begin our homeward journey. This evening don your sulu (sarong) and join in the celebrations of the Pacific Island Night Finale. Pre-dinner cocktails and appetisers are served in the Ra Marama Lounge before our gala farewell dinner featuring the music and dance of the South Pacific
- Day 8 Nadi, Port Denarau
- Return to Nadi on Viti Levu.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person
|Twin Share (based on a stateroom cabin)|
03 April; 05 June; 07 Aug; 02 Oct; 05 Feb
All meals daily (buffet and a la carte) ● Daily island stopovers and water activities ● Guided Island, village and school tours ● Snorkelling and glass bottom boat tours ● Use of mini-gym ● Tropical island lovo feast and kava ceremony ● On-board entertainment ● 24 hour self-service tea and coffee
International and domestic flights and airport taxes ● Travel insurance ● Tips and gratuities and personal expenses
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.