This independent itinerary allows you the freedom to explore the Cook Island's main island at leisure. Rarotonga offers a contrasting and spectacular landscape, from the crystal clear blue of the lagoon and stunning coral reef to the lush and mountainous interior.
This itinerary is intended as a guideline only. We recommend a minimum 3 night stay in Rarotonga, in order to fully immerse yourself in island life and explore your surrounds, however longer itineraries are encouraged, particularly when combining your stay with the nearby islands of Aitutaki or Atiu.
Please speak to our Travel Specialists regarding your specific requirements and we can tailor an itinerary for you.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive in the Cook Islands
- On arrival at Rarotonga Airport you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The remainder of your day is at leisure.
- Days 2-4 (or 2-7): at leisure
- Spend the next few days discovering this tropical paradise where pristine white sandy beaches, lined with palm trees, are begging to be explored. Relax and admire the stunning lagoon, perfect for snorkelling, kayaking or diving or explore the islands lush and volcanic interior on foot. We highly recommend visiting the local market on a Saturday where you will be greeted with a friendly and bustling atmosphere and a chance to purchase traditional arts and crafts such as decorative wood carvings, hand weaved baskets or tapa cloths which have a distinctive Cook Islands touch. The 32 km ring road makes it easy to explore, either by scooter, bicycle, car or even by local bus and the island offers plenty of activities for visitors as well as providing a base for day excursions to outer islands. Should time permit, take an Island Discovery Tour where you will journey around the island and learn about the local history and culture of Rarotonga. For those seeking adventure, join a 4WD Safari Tour where you will travel with a guide on the interior roads in a 4WD open air vehicle. Walking tours are also on offer, providing you with the opportunity to travel with a well known and experienced guide, Pa, who will share his knowledge of the islands flora and fauna and its medicinal purposes and teach you about local legends and myths.
- You could also combine your stay on Rarotonga with a visit to the beautiful island of Aitutaki or for those in search of travel off the beaten track why not consider visiting Atiu, a small island with around 400 residents and home to some 11 native birds, a true island escape.
- Grade: Superior
- Type: Hotel
Manuia Beach Resort is a boutique hotel situated on its …
- Grade: Superior B&B
- Type: Hotel
This property is located on stunning Muri beach and offe…
- Grade: Standard B&B
- Type: Hotel
Sunset Resort is idyllically situated on the sheltered w…
A variety of accommodation options are included in this holiday, some of which are listed above. For further details, please contact us.
ExcursionsA number of excursions are available to include throughout your itinerary, some of which are shown below. Your Travel Specialist will be able to advise on additional or upgraded excursion options to suit your interests.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person
|Accommodation (based on twin/double occupency)||3 night||6 night|
|Sunset Resort Rarotonga - Poolside / Garden Bungalow||£284||£539|
|Manuia Beach Resort - Premium Garden Suite||£440||£790|
|Pacific Resort Rarotonga - Premium Garden Suite||£655||£1,219|
Accommodation in your preferred choice of property for either 3 or 6 nights including breakfast ● Meet and greet on arrival in Rarotonga ● Private vehicle transfers on a return basis.
International flights & airport taxes ● Additional meals and excursions not specified ● Tips, gratuities and personal expenses ● Travel insurance.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 01737 214 250Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.