Spend a few days exploring South Africa's 'Mother City', Cape Town. This remarkably beautiful city nestled at the base of Table Mountain has a lot to offer. This independent holiday showcases its main highlights including Table Mountain, Boulders Beach and the Cape Peninsula.
- Spend three nights in the remarkably beautiful city of Cape Town
- Visit the city's main attractions including Bo-Kaap and Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Cable car up Table Mountain for spectacular views over Cape Town and the peninsula (optional)
- Full day Cape Peninsula tour discovering its dramatic beauty
- Visit a breeding colony of over 2000 endangered African penguins at Boulders Beach
Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Table Mountain dominates the landscape and the Atlantic Ocean provides a scenic backdrop. Your Cape Town adventure begins with Table Mountain. This iconic mountain provides a prominent landmark in the city. Take a cable car to the top for superb views. Visit Boulders Beach, home to a breeding colony of over 2000 endangered African penguins.
Contact our Southern Africa experts now
Extend your stay
There is so much to see and see in Cape Town. Why not extend your trip and visit Robben Island or take a whale watching cruise. Speak to one of our Travel Specialists for more information.
Gaining a birds eye view of the beautiful Cape Town is one of the best things I have experienced. The helicopter takes off from the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront before circling out past Table Mountain. From this height you gain a real understanding of the layout of the city dominated by Table Mountain, Lions Head and signal hill. On a clear day you can see Robben Island and well into the winelands. Great for those short on time and looking for a memorable highlight.Rhys Watkins, Southern Africa Travel Specialist
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Cape Town
- Your adventure begins with an overnight stay in the vibrant South African city of Cape Town.
- Day 2: City & Table Mountain tour
- Embark on a private tour of the city known affectionately as the ‘Mother City’. Your tour will take in the Houses of Parliament, the castle (South Africa’s oldest building), the lively Greenmarket Square with its daily market, Company Gardens and of course Table Mountain (weather permitting, cable car fee not included), which will give you spectacular views over the city and the peninsula. As you come back down from the mountain, make a stop at Bo-Kaap, home to the Cape Malay community, with its cobbled streets and brightly coloured houses. Please note: the Table Mountain cable car is usually closed for maintenance the last week of July to mid-August.
- Day 3: Cape Point & Peninsula tour
- Enjoy a full day tour of the Cape Peninsula. Take in the beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay, before crossing over to Hout Bay, where you may choose to join an optional boat cruise to Seal Island (own expense). From here you will drive to the Cape of Good Hope Nature Reserve via Chapman's Peak, one of the world's most breathtaking coastal drives. At Cape Point, you can choose to board a funicular (optional, own expense) to get to the top of the peninsula to witness the symbolic meeting of the Indian and Atlantic Oceans and enjoy spectacular views over False Bay. After lunch (own expense), continue to Simonstown and visit a breeding colony of over 2000 endangered African penguins at Boulders Beach. Then stop at the world-renowned Kirstenbosch Gardens before arriving back at your hotel.
- Day 4: depart Cape Town
Your holiday concludes this morning after breakfast. You will be transferred to Cape Town Airport.
Accommodation OptionsThis itinerary is based on the hotel shown below.
Upgrade to Kensington Place
This intimate hotel has only eight stylish rooms. Stunning views of the city and the surrounding mountains are visible from each private terrace.
ExcursionsA number of excursions are included in this itinerary, which are listed in more detail below. Your Travel Specialist will be able to advise on additional or upgraded excursion options to suit your interests.
Prices & Dates
Prices from, per person, based on 2 people sharing twin/double accommodation.
|Standard accommodation||Superior accommodation||Deluxe accommodation|
Private transfers from Cape Town Airport to the hotel ● 3 nights standard bed & breakfast accommodation in Cape Town ● Full day private Cape Peninsula tour ●Half day private City & Table Mountain tour
International flights ● Additional meals and excursions not specified above ● Tips, gratuities and personal expenses ● Travel insurance
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.