Spend three nights in the Okavango Delta exploring its waterways and discovering the wildlife that lives here on game drives, boat trips and on foot.
- Enjoy a relaxing mokoro (dugout canoe) tour in the pretty Okavango Delta
- Explore the Okavango Delta on game drives and on foot
Botswana is well known for having some of the best wilderness and wildlife areas in Africa; almost 40% of its total land area is devoted to national parks and reserves, for the most part unfenced allowing the animals to roam free. Discover the Okavango Delta, where you can cruise through its waterways noiselessly in a mokoro (dugout canoe) and search for wildlife on game drives.
Contact our Southern Africa experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive Okavango Delta
- Arrive in the Okavango Delta (flight not included), where you will spend the next three nights. The Okavango Delta is an immense, waterlogged oasis alive with wildlife, adrift in the middle of Kalahari sands. During winter in the Kalahari, when the sun has baked the earth bare and the desert is at its driest, water fills the Okavango transforming the floodplains into a Noah’s Ark of African wildlife. The diversity and number of animals and birds found here is staggering; 122 species of mammals, 71 species of fish, 444 species of birds, 64 species of reptiles and 1300 species of flowering plants. The delta’s watery heart is best discovered by mokoro (dugout canoe); these hand-hewn canoes are perfectly suited to the calm waters of the Okavango.
- Days 2-4: discover the Okavango Delta
This holiday stays at a wet and dry camp in the Okavango Delta meaning you can explore the delta on day and night game drives, guided walking safaris and by mokoro (dugout canoe). Boating is also offered when water levels permit.
Hippo and crocodile are found in the deeper lagoons and big predators such as lion and leopard, as well as buffalo, giraffe, zebra and wildebeest move through the area. If you are lucky, some of the nocturnal animals such as serval, civet and genet may be seen on night drives. Birding enthusiasts will enjoy the regular sightings of Pels fishing owl, African fish eagle, giant eagle owl and white-backed vultures.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person based on sharing twin or double accommodation
|1 Dec 2017 - 31 Mar 2018||£2,024|
|1 Apr - 30 June 2018||£2,886|
|1 Jul - 31 Oct 2018||£4,093|
|1 - 30 Nov 2018||£2,886|
|1 - 31 Dec 2018||£2,107|
3 nights superior fully inclusive accommodation ● All activities and park fees when staying in the Okavango Delta
International flights ● Flights to the Okavango Delta ● Additional meals and excursions not specified above ● Travel insurance • Gratuities
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.