On this short break, discover the highlights of Botswana and Zimbabwe, visiting both the majestic Victoria Falls and Chobe National Park; one of Africa’s best game reserves.
- Discover Victoria Falls, one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World
- Relax on a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River
- Take a ‘Flight of Angels’ helicopter ride for a birds eye view of the majestic falls
- Boat trip on the Chobe River where you can watch large herds of elephants
- Game drives in Chobe National Park searching for wildlife
For those short of time, this four day holiday is a perfect way to explore the main attractions of Botswana and Zimbabwe; Chobe National Park and Victoria Falls. One of the world’s most spectacular waterfalls, a trip to Southern Africa is not complete without a visit to Victoria Falls. Chobe National Park, home to the densest elephant population in the world is also a highlight. Explore the park on game drives and the river on a boat cruise.
Contact our Southern Africa experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe)
- Arrive at Victoria Falls Airport, where you will meet your transport and transfer to the town, where you will spend the next two nights. One of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Victoria Falls is one of Africa's most remarkable geographical features and the world’s largest sheet of falling water. Located on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia, visitors cannot fail to be inspired and amazed by the sheer size, power and beauty of the thundering curtain of water, which at more than 100 metres in height is roughly twice the height of Niagara Falls. Although Victoria Falls straddles both Zimbabwe and Zambia, Zimbabwe boasts three quarters of the water and the best views. The Zambian side can dry up completely between September and December whilst Zimbabwe has water flow year round.
- Day 2: explore Victoria Falls
- The falls are known locally as Mosi-oa-Tunya – ‘the smoke that thunders’. Walk through the rainforest stopping at viewpoints to experience spectacular views and photo opportunities, as well as a wide variety of bird and plant life. After visiting the falls, a ‘Flight of Angels’ helicopter journey is highly recommended to discover a different perspective of this natural wonder. Later, you may wish to relax on a sunset Zambezi cruise looking out for wildlife including wild herds of elephants streaming to the river banks for their last drink and flocks of birds. It is also worth paying a visit to the historical Victoria Falls Hotel to enjoy high tea on its terrace, with spectacular views of the Victoria Falls Bridge and the spray from the falls below.
- Days 3-4: Victoria Falls – Chobe National Park (Botswana)
Transfer by road from Victoria Falls, crossing the border into Botswana to Chobe National Park. You will spend two nights at a property on the banks of the Chobe River near the village of Kazangula. The Chobe Riverfront is a remarkable wildlife area due to the permanent water source of the Chobe River, home to the largest density of African elephants in the world, which in the winter months can be seen in their hundreds. The spectacle of so many huge animals coming to drink and frolic at the water's edge is impressive to behold. A boat cruise on the Chobe River offers exceptional opportunities to come face to face with aquatic species such as hippos and crocodiles, as well as allowing for unique photographic perspectives when animals come down to the river to quench their thirst. The birdlife is prolific year-round with an exceptional variety along the river, including birds of prey.
You may also wish to explore Chobe National Park on game drives. One of Africa's greatest game parks, Chobe is the third largest park in Botswana, covering an area of 10,698 square kilometres. Chobe National Park is home to large herds of elephant, buffalo and Burchell's zebra and high densities of predators such as lion, leopard, spotted hyena and cheetah. The park is also notable for the presence of more unusual antelope species such as roan, sable and the rare Chobe bushbuck.
- Day 5: holiday ends
- Transfer to Kasane Airport where your holiday ends.
ExcursionsA number of excursions are included in this itinerary. Below is a list of optional excursions you may wish to book. Please contact your Travel Specialist for more information.
Prices & Dates
Prices from £ per person based on twin share
|1 Nov - 31 Nov 2017||£783|
|1 Dec - 31 Dec 2017||£785|
|1 Jan - 31 May 2018||£757|
|1 Jun - 30 Oct 2018||£870|
|1 Nov - 31 Nov 2018||£790|
4 nights standard accommodation; 2 on a bed & breakfast basis, 2 all inclusive ● Boat cruise & game drive whilst at Chobe Bakwena ● Shared road transfers from Victoria Falls Airport to hotel, Victoria Falls hotel to Chobe hotel and Chobe hotel to Kasane Airport
International flights • Additional meals and excursions not specified above ● Travel insurance • Gratuities
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.