Autumn in Swedish Lapland is a wonderful time to visit the northern regions, with rich colours and beautiful nature of the arctic still on show before the winter months arrive. The days are crisp and perfect for outdoor pursuits while in the evening some darkness has returned after the summer light, enabling the first opportunities for the northern lights to make an appearance, and many consider some of the best viewing conditions available during this period.
- perfect conditions for northern lights
- cosy lodge and cabins in stunning coastal location
- learn about the nature and wildlife in the area
- three activities included
Our inclusive 4-night break to Swedish Lapland takes you to the Lulea Archipelago in the Bay of Bothnia, where you are never far away from nature. With a delightful setting next to the sea Brandon Lodge is a very welcoming and friendly accommodation with 15 detached cabins dotted in the forests edge with views towards the bay. Each cabin is simply furnished with a living area and kitchenette, bathroom and two small bedrooms with single beds, sleeping up to 4 guests in total. The main lodge is just a few steps away and houses the restaurant on the first floor and a cosy lounge area with bar and fireplace on the ground floor – the perfect place to relax with a drink after the autumn fresh air. And to fully unwind after the day’s activities, the lodge’s sauna can be booked for a private session, perhaps completing the experience with a dip in the outdoor Jacuzzi.
If you love outdoor adventures by day and chances to see the aurora borealis by night, but without the cold and snowy conditions then this autumn package is a fantastic option. It includes comfortable accommodation; full board; three activities and return transfers from and to Lulea airport.
Nordic Wilderness Skills Walk (with lunch): The guide takes you on a 3 hour journey into the forest and shows you how to make a fire arctic style, how to make traditional coffee over an open fire and shares knowledge about the fauna and flora of Swedish Lapland. You then help prepare the typical wilderness lunch before relaxing and appreciating the special environment.
Northern Lights Walk: On one of the evenings you join a guided nature walk through the Brändö forests and along the coastal beaches learning about the surrounding nature and wildlife, while keeping an ever hopeful eye on the sky for the elusive northern lights. Along the way you take a break to light a fire and prepare coffee while the guide cooks an outdoor dinner allowing more time to search for the aurora.
Gammelstad Guided Tour: This tour includes a short transfer to the World Heritage Gammelstad Church village with a guided tour learning about the history and how it relates to the local geography and the regions development in northern Sweden. The village is of significant cultural and historic importance dating back to the 14th century.
The exact order and schedule of the included activities will be confirmed locally due to weather conditions.
Contact our Sweden experts now
Optional Excursions – during your stay there will be time for you join other optional excursions. They can be pre-booked or added locally. These range from a day time guided boat tour to an island with lunch included; an evening boat tour looking out for the northern lights; an aurora photography tour; Sundom walking trail with lunch; day trip to visit the Treehotel and rental of canoes, kayaks and fat bikes.
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1: arrive in Lulea
- On arrival at Lulea you are met for a guided transfer to Brandon Lodge on the Lulea Archipelago (journey time 30 minutes). Check in to the cabin accommodation with time getting to know your surrounds before the evening meal in the main lodge restaurant.
- Day 2: Nordic Wilderness Skills
- After breakfast get ready to embark on your first outdoor activity – Nordic Wilderness skills walk with lunch. Life in Swedish Lapland is made more comfortable by learning how to dress and behave in sub-arctic conditions and the environment. The guide takes you on a 3 hour journey in to the forests on an adventurous and educational excursion. Learn how to make a fire arctic style, how to make traditional coffee over an open fire and learn about the wildlife, flora and fauna of this area. At lunch time you can help make a typical outdoor wilderness lunch and enjoy the meal around the fire with more time to ask questions or relax with a hot drink. This is a perfect introduction to your Swedish Lapland experience.
- Day 3: optional excursions & northern lights walk
- The day is free for you to relax in the lodge surrounds – take a walk in the forest, swim at the small beach or hire one of the canoes or kayaks available. There are also many optional activities to choose from and possible to pre-book to fill your free time. They include a guided boat tour to a nearby island with lunch included; evening guided northern lights island boat tour; Sundom walking trail with boat transfer and picnic lunch, guided day trip to the Treehotel and fat bike rental. In the evening, as the sun is setting you head for a nature walk. While walking through the Brando forests or along the coastal beaches the experienced guide informs you about the nature and wildlife and if conditions are right the Northern Lights may make an appearance.
- Day 4: visit Gammelstad Village
- The history of the region is fascinating and there is no better place to explore it than to visit the UNESCO World Heritage Gammelstad Church Village, situated outside of Lulea. You are transferred from the lodge (journey time 30 minutes) and will have a guided tour of the village which is of significant cultural and historic importance to Lulea and Sweden, dating back to the 14th century. There are also some nice art and craft shops and a visitor display. The guide will explain the history of the village and how it relates to the local geography, the regions development and history of northern Sweden. The afternoon is free to relax or join one of the optional activities.
- Day 5: depart Lulea
- After breakfast you are transferred to Lulea airport or the train station if you are continuing your journey (approximately 30 minutes).
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Sept to Nov (2018)|
Child price is based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double room.
Price includes: return flights between London Heathrow and Lulea via Stockholm with Scandinavian Airlines; airport charges; return transfers between Lulea airport and Brandon Lodge; 4 nights in a 2 bedroom cabin on full board basis (some meals are prepared and taken outdoors); Nordic wilderness skills walk (3 hours); guided northern lights walk (2 hours) ; excursion to Gammelstad church village (3 hours).
Price excludes: optional activities; sauna and Jacuzzi; beverages and personal expenses.
Flights operate frequently from London Heathrow and Gatwick to Lulea via Stockholm. Please ask our Sales team to check availability and details for your particular journey.
Prices are subject to availability and based on certain booking classes. Should these be full then a supplement will apply.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.