Situated in the Rane River Valley just an hour away from the coastal town of Lulea on the southern coast of Swedish Lapland, Sorbyn is a traditional red cedar lodge offering a warm, intimate and cosy atmosphere, together with great personal service and excellent Swedish cuisine. Combine this with a stay at the unique Treehotel, in Scandinavian design rooms perched high in the treetops for a very special holiday leaving you with a memorable winter experience.
- Enchanting lodge with relaxed atmosphere
- Renowned restaurant serving traditional food
- Overnight in a Treehouse with a difference
- Good choice of optional winter activities
- Both locations perfect for northern lights sightings
In Swedish Lapland you are never far away from nature - the forests, rivers and valleys dominate this area inland from the Lulea coast creating a magical winter wilderness landscape. The transfer to Sorbyn Lodge in the small village of Gunnarsbyn takes you on roads lined with almost endless forests, and if you’re lucky you may see some wild animals such as reindeer along the way.
Our 4 night break starts with 3 nights at Sorbyn Lodge. With a delightful setting next to the frozen Lake Vittrasket the main cabin has the reception, open plan restaurant and lounge area with fire place. A separate building just a few metres away houses the eight rooms with private facilities - there are also small cabins nearby with a small kitchenette and bathroom. The restaurant ‘Kallkallan’ has a good reputation with the aim of developing local cuisine based on traditional Swedish dishes with global finesse. You have the option of booking a Gastronomic cooking course with the chef - the 3 course dinner you prepare included as one of your meals. There is a separate sauna cabin overlooking the lake, a great place to unwind after time out on a winter activity.
Many of the optional excursions take you through the forests on snowmobiles, husky sledding, snow shoeing or cross country skiing allowing you to become a local if only for a few hours, but giving you a taste of the wilderness as you sip coffee, learn about the nature and enjoy being out in the fresh air.
As well as the daytime activities available, this is a great location for aurora viewings with several opportunities to join a northern lights adventure by snowmobile, snowshoe, 4x4 car or a local tour by kick sled.
The Treehotel is a special hotel experience situated outside the small village of Harads, a 1 hour transfer heading west from Sorbyn Lodge and the last night of your stay in Swedish Lapland. It offers seven different room options all individually designed by Scandinavia’a leading architects with contemporary design and chic interiors. Here you can get away from the usual everyday life and enjoy the peaceful and serene environment in the middle of unspoiled nature, and a great opportunity for aurora searching.
On arrival at Treehotel, you first check in at Britta’s Guesthouse, it’s then a short walk through the beautiful forest to your elevated rooms accessed by ramp, bridge or electric stairs. Please note, due to the access we don't recommend this for people with walking difficulties. The treetop rooms are individually named and vary in size and theme, some taking extra beds for larger parties and families and offer environmentally-friendly toilets and wash basins. The Cabin, The Nest, Mirror Cube, The UFO, The Blue Cone, Dragonfly and The 7th Room as well as the separate Tree sauna create an unforgettable image as you approach and take in the unique scene before you.
All meals here are taken back at Britta’s Guesthouse which oozes character, charm and a cosy atmosphere - a great place to mingle with fellow travellers and relax in the evening with glorious home cooked meals.
The tranquil setting is the ideal place to unwind and enjoy the facilities including the Tree Sauna, Jacuzzi bath, Swedish Classic massage, Forest Spa and a romantic ice-dining experience, all available at an additional charge. For the more adventurous there are several winter pursuits taking you out in to the wilderness and beyond, such as snowmobile safaris, dog sledding tours, ice fishing, snowshoeing, moose safari and a northern lights photography course.
Optional Excursions – it is advisable to book activities prior to departure to ensure availability.
Contact our Sweden experts now
Itinerary & Accommodation
- Day 1 – Flight from the UK to Lulea.
- Fly from London Heathrow or Gatwick to Lulea via Stockholm. On arrival you are met and transferred to Sorbyn Lodge (approximately 1 hour), time to check-in, followed by your evening meal (3 course).
- Days 2-3 – Winter activities.
- There is a good choice of optional authentic winter activities to choose from with husky sledding, snowmobiling, ice fishing, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, moose safari, visiting a Sami family and northern light excursions available. The lodge has a nice lounge area with fire place, a good spot to unwind after time outdoors. Perhaps warm up in the sauna and order some snacks and drinks to enjoy while relaxing (not included).
- Day 4 – Sorbyn Lodge to Treehotel.
- The morning is free, why not try the kick sled for a short adventure before the afternoon transfer to the Treehotel (1 hour). Check-in at Britta’s Guesthouse and get acquainted with your tree room. Dinner at the guesthouse is 3 course and a real highlight on your last night. Overnight in one of the unique tree top rooms.
- Day 5 – Depart Treehotel.
- After breakfast it is time to say goodbye and take the transfer back to Lulea airport or train station for your onward journey.
Prices & Dates
|Per person prices from||Jan to Apr 2018|
Price includes: return flights between London Heathrow and Lulea via Stockholm with Scandinavian Airlines; airport charges; transfer from Lulea airport to Sorbyn Lodge; 3 nights in a standard room on full board basis (note, we have included lunch in this price but it is optional and needs to be selected because some activities may have lunch included – dinner is 3 course); transfer to Treehotel; 1 night in a Tree room at Treehotel on half board basis (3 course meal); transfer back to Lulea airport.
Price excludes: optional activities; beverages; meals other than stated; personal expenses.
Flights operate frequently from London to Lulea via Stockholm. Please ask our Sales team to check availability and details for your particular journey.
Prices are subject to availability and based on certain booking classes. Should these be full then a supplement will apply.
How to book
So that we may send you a personalised quote and confirmation of availability, please click on the link below and complete our Enquiry form. One of our Travel Specialists will then be in touch to complete your booking or answer any further questions you might have.
We will always offer the best price available at the time of booking and guarantee no surcharges - see our 100% Guarantee for full details.
Speak to a specialist: 1-844-584-0668Book this trip
Our team of Travel Specialists have extensive first-hand knowledge of our destinations and are passionate about travel.