About the FSC
The Field Studies Council (FSC) is the UK’s foremost biodiversity and ecology education organisation and a leading environmental education charity.
It provides enjoyable hands-on opportunities for people of all ages and abilities to discover and explore our environment first-hand in the belief that the more we all understand about, and take inspiration from, the world around us then the more we can protect its diversity and beauty for future generations.
The FSC lead the way in outdoor learning, constantly exploring new approaches to improve the experience for everyone, striving to inspire, deepen knowledge and broaden horizons. A commitment to the environment is at the heart of everything they do.
Each year over 165,000 individuals, including 125,000 students from almost 3,000 schools, experience the FSC through their UK-wide locations with courses ranging from:
- outdoor classroom - supporting teachers to bring GCSE, AS and A-level Geography and Science curriculum to life
- training courses for professionals within the environmental sector
- natural history and identification courses
- special interest courses such as art and photography in nature
- family holidays and courses
- courses for organisations such as Duke of Edinburgh, Rotary, NCS